You were so lucky

Protection.

I am so sorry for your horrendous loss. I can relate to what you are saying. I lost my wonderful Dad in January he had COVID but was getting better we were not allowed to see him I spoke to him constantly on his mobile. Then had a phonecall at 8am in the morning to come to the hospital. Am utterly bereft as you are and blame the hospital. Some people make such insensitive comments. Am so sorry you are going through this. Am being told also how lucky I am to have had !y wonderful Dad xxxx

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been told Iā€™m lucky too. My daughter died tragically in January and someone kept telling me, in front of my grandkids how lucky I am. Iā€™m not lucky and nor are my grandkids. Iā€™m not sure if people say things without thinking or to make themselves feel better by minimising our loss. You are grieving now cos you lost your dad. Thatā€™s not lucky itā€™s painful and heartbreaking. More thoughtful to say ā€˜sorry for your lossā€™ and acknowledge it has been a loss. Sending you kind thoughts.

2 Likes

Everyone who speaks to me about Nev says I couldnā€™t have done more for him, but it doesnā€™t feel like it, that in his last weeks , lack of communication, very few visits. I should have been more forceful but you are fighting against the NHS and they made it so difficult to even get into see him. He was being transferred from one hospital to another for his dialysis, with a fractured back which wasnā€™t diagnosed for two weeks and the stress of being moved 3 times a week , I think caused him to have cardiac arrest. That is something I know I have to live with, but itā€™s very difficult.

2 Likes

My heart goes out to you, I believe the hospital caused my husbandā€™s death, like you I feel I should of spoken out more but the hospital staff were so intimidating to me. Itā€™s easy for others to say we mustnā€™t feel guilty but hind sight is wonderful. Look after yourself and try not to be too hard on yourself.

1 Like

Hello Sian,
I am so sorry about your Dad too,itā€™s as though the world has stopped.Have you registered any complaints against the hospital yet?
Malcolm was misdiagnosed and treated for a condition he didnā€™t have and when Iā€™m told how lucky I was to have such a good relationship with him for thirty nine years I canā€™t help but feel cross we could have had twenty plus years more.
You will probably still be in a state of shock and when you arenā€™t itā€™s even worse.If only some people could just ask how we are or can I do anything to help.
You know how lucky you were to have a loving,caring relationship with your Dad and you donā€™t need to be told.You are grieving a massive loss and now is not the right time to ā€œcount your blessingsā€ .
Take care of yourself Sian you are suffering alongside so many other people.Keep company with the ones who care about you.Sending you as much love as possible,we will get through this but probably only learn to live with it and it wonā€™t always be this painful.xx

1 Like

I have a very good idea how you feel JackieMy,There are no words that adequately express the sense of guilt and sheer distress we have to face.x