24 and Lost both of my parents

I am only 24 years old and already have lost both of my parents. my Dad passed 17 years ago and my Mum 2 years ago. Sometimes it feels like how can life be so cruel to take the two people who meant the most to me, who showed my what unconditional love was, who taught me everything that I know now.

The things I find the hardest are not being able to tell them both my achievements for example I am now in my second year of university, neither of them got to see me achieve this big milestone for me.

I think the reason I am here is to be able to voice what I am thinking with people who understand the grieving process and how it can take time, but also that it is completely different for every person.

Thank you for letting me talk and I know that one day things will feel better than they do today, just got to take each day as they come.

5 Likes

Dear @brittanyg

I am sorry to hear of the loss of both your parents, life can be cruel and sadly grief leaves us with so many unanswered questions and not being able to share special occasions and achievements.

Grief does take time, it is a journey and not a race and everyone’s journey is different. There is no right or wrong way to grieve. I am pleased you are able to come here and reach out, that is what we are here for. Reach out at any time, it is good to talk.

You are not alone, we all understand the pain of losing a loved one. We are here for you.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

MY HEART IS WITH YOU.

Losing at 24 is cruelty. I am SO sorry. I am an orphan only child loved like crazy. My life just dripped down down down after they died.

Keep coming back for support here from those who understand. Your parents would want you to live life to the fullest and you have your whole life ahead of you to do so.

Check in with a counselor for time to time. They helped me A LOT. a friend all your own to confide in. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: