A bit about or loved one.

Thought you would appreciate this little update😊
As you know I have a mouse issue (believe I’m down to one :crossed_fingers:)… Normally if I had to leave the room I would pick the boys food bowl up and seal it, clearing any odd bits so there’s nothing for the mouse.
Just now, I was busting for the loo … No time for mummy’s operation clean up! … told the boys to keep guard and look out for the mouse …where were they? In the loo with me!, Didn’t get chance to shut the door :joy:

4 Likes

@Kel2 :joy::joy::joy::joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I met my partner as a friend of a friend when we were young teenagers but then went our separate ways and married other people . Both marriages ended in divorce and we met again years later. We moved in together and were together for 28 years. We didnt have children ,either together or from our previous relationships, so it was just us. She was an accountant and did the books for friends and her brothers whilst also doing other jobs. We went on holidays and loved travelling . She developed osteoporosis and had both hips replaced. She had lots of other health problems as well and in 2005 ended up having to use a wheelchair which she hated.
Most of my photos of her we taken during the good times so not recent but Ive framed them all. As if she didnt have enough to cope with healthwise she got cancer in 2020 and went through the most horrendous year of treatment. I was convinced she would recover but it wasnt to be. She passed away just over a year ago. Near the end she told me that she wanted to go because she’d had enough . I understood but was and still am heartbroken. I once said to her that I regretted us not being together first instead of both marrying the wrong people . She said that if we hadnt done that we wouldnt have known the difference. Sorry this ended up much longer than I intended. Thanks for listening .

6 Likes

Nothing to apologise for @peterj
I think your wife sounds a very wise lady indeed. I often wish Richard and I had married younger but I think we both needed to grow up a bit for us to be the people we became or we may have driven each other mad. :joy:

Love hearing about your loved ones so keep posting. Any different tales or particular memories about your lives together, their personalities, strengths, weaknesses, funny incidents.

3 Likes

I understand how you feel lost my husband to cancer just over 3 months now i was convinced he would recover i also lost my Mum to cancer 2019

So sorry Peter i believe your loved one is right if you did go your separate ways when you were younger maybe it would have ended up in divorce. But you met again at the right time of life you spent t many years loving each other . That’s a wonderful feeling I know I met my partner later in life it definitely would not of worked if we met and married at a young age . We were meant to be together when it happened as we were each others rocks like I bet you and your wife was . Bless you xx

2 Likes

I totally agree @Star64 … My husband and I are/were soul mates and met at the right time. There was 12 years between us and we both admitted that if I were the same age as him - we likely would not have lasted. I think some of us need to experience other things to appreciate when we do find the ‘one’ … an example of this is chat up lines (@KarenF … think you may like this one :blush:)
We were talking about chat up lines (with his/our daughter - when she was 18 - 30 now) Back in Baldy’s younger days he would use the usual chat up lines… Me: ‘rolling my eyes’ - his/our daughter : ‘aww that’s lovely’ … Me: ’ bigger roll eyes’ & few chosen words. Him: tells her not to fall for that crap.
He then said: alright , let’s pretend we’re in a club and to go along with it - you’re (me) at the bar - I come up to you try general chat,
he says: ‘can I buy you a drink?’
I say: ‘go on then’
He calls the barman over and asks: ‘Can I get 2 worm-do’s please’
Me: ‘whats a Worm-do?’
Him: … With his finger makes the movement of a worm!
Me: laughing… Yep that would certainly work in getting us chatting properly :joy:

His/our daughter: ‘I don’t get it’ :joy::joy:

He then said - that’s why we probably wouldn’t have worked, he used (& they worked) the cheesy lines back in his younger days … But I’m not normal (I take that as a compliment) & it wouldn’t have worked on me … He needed to see the usual ladies to appreciate they were not right for him & meeting me shower him was truly the one he was waiting for.

I still love the “Worm-do” line!

As much as we all wish we had more time with our “literally” other-halves, I think we are the lucky ones to have found ‘that one’ … Many do not find that. We need to hold on to that (do t get me wrong - I struggle everyday without him, wishing we had more time … but I am so grateful to have found him)

Not sure if any of that makes sense x

3 Likes

@Kel2 got me laughing too. Thank you.

I totally agree about how lucky I feel to have had that level of love which many never do.

2 Likes

I met my hubby the year I left school. We got engaged when I was 18 and married when I was 19. We have two children and six grandchildren and would have been married for 42 years this month had he not passed away 3 months ago.
He was my world. Kind, honest, hardworking, loyal and good looking too.
He took early retirement last year and we had so many plans for the future but he was sadly diagnosed with Lung Cancer in September and passed away just two weeks later.
I miss him so much and would give anything to be able to spend just another few minutes with him to tell him yet again how much I loved him.
It still doesn’t feel real that he’s not here with me.

3 Likes

I met David on my first day of full time work when I was 16 and he was 18. He was very annoying.! We worked in a shop in the city and the street was called Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma Gate- the shortest street with the longest name in the city. He went off to university but came back to work in the shop during the holidays and he rang me and wrote to me while He was away. When our kids grew up and asked us how we met, we told them and David also told them ‘don’t worry kids, I whipped her and whopped her!’ They all thought that was hilarious. We moved around the country a couple of time until we settled where we are now when David became a further education lecturer. I did my training and became a nurse. We went on some lovely cruises together, one of our favourite countries being Norway. He was very big in grassroots football being chairman of this league and fixtures secretary for that team. Even I lost track of how much he did. He was very well loved and respected and was on the front of the local paper when he died. He was a very calm man. Never lost his temper. Never stressed or worried. The most even tempered man I’d ever met. He loved his family (3 children and 10 grandchildren) and was a big part of all their everyday lives. I always said he’d have got the sun and moon out of the sky and divided it between them if he could. He also loved ‘his boys’ - our 4 lovely cats. We both retired in 2017. He carried on with his football and also helped me with my hedgehog rescue, doing the vet runs etc. he died on the morning of 10th November 2022. Suddenly and unexpectedly. He’d gone downstairs to make a phone call while I was cleaning and medicating my hedgies. I went down a minute after him and found him sitting up on the settee, just as if someone Had unplugged him. I did CPR. The ambulance crews worked on him for a good hour but to no avail. He’d gone. I’d known him 44 years and been married to him for 37. His funeral was massive. Standing room only. My life changed forever and I’ll never get used to it. I miss him more every single day.

6 Likes

Makes perfect sense. The worm :worm: would have got me laughing too lol :joy:

1 Like

Thanks @Jean8
So good to hear more about David; he sounds an amazing man.
xxx

1 Like

Last night I remembered another prank Richard used to play regularly.
I was a community physio, going to treat people in their own homes. Early on during our marriage some days I would go to get something out of my handbag in someone’s house - maybe a pen to take notes - and I would find the strangest things in my bag; a coaster, a pair of scissors, a piece of string, anything really. The funniest one was one day when I thought my bag felt particularly heavy and on investigation I found a wrench in there.

I decided I would put the closest small representation of a wrench I could find on my memory tree so went in to the study today to find a plastic version from an old game of ‘Jack Straws’ which is all various tools. The only one I could find from the box was the one I wanted to use, a spanner. No idea where all the other game pieces are but the spanner was sitting in the box lid as if waiting for me.

6 Likes

We have always hosted the family Christmas for around 10 - 12 people. One year Richard had the idea that we all had to look at anyone other than the person you were talking to as we spoke, another we had to use a different name for each person other than their real one.
Caused such hilarity didn’t it @ObeSnug (not that she has been on here lately but Obe is my older daughter - nickname chosen and always used by Richard.)

2 Likes

One Christmas i brought my Husband a new drill while i was busy cooking diner my husband was in the front room and when i went in there he had taken the coffee table apart, when i asked what are you doing that for his reply was i am tested my new drill out. And also he never stopped to think about what he was saying while talking to friends one day while we was out we meet a couple who lived near us and my husband looked at the friends wife and said are you having a baby or have you just put weight on lucky for us she just laughed

3 Likes

Here is a photo of my husband with his Granddaughter
1916608_1079061556320_3417927_n

3 Likes

Oh, @sue11 I love it. You made me laugh out loud. :joy:
I have to ask, was she pregnant?

1 Like

Was this before he was Ill as he looks just fine? Lovely to see, thanks.

Yes she was pregnant and the photo was a couple of years before he was ill

1 Like