About the Coping with bereavement category

A place to talk about the loss of someone close, no matter what the relationship.

4 Likes

Thought I was starting to cope then my friend who was diagnosed with motor neurone last November died last Tuesday, then the wind and rain damaged my conservatory roof got up Wednesday to water everywhere rang 6 people no one wants to know feel at my lowest now all I want is my husband back to give me a hug and say everything will be alright.

26 Likes

I feel the same. Even though things wouldn’t necessarily turn out ok just him saying everything will be ok and a hug was enough for me to feel safe and happy.

8 Likes

Now my door is leaking when will it end. I keep getting told things will get better but every day seems to get worse

5 Likes

I now hate the weekends …house empty with my soulmate now gone.
We used to look forwards to the weekend.
Love and miss so so much

13 Likes

Paula, I do feel for you and when things go wrong all we want is that hug and to be told things will work out and that they know you have the strength to deal with it all. I know that’s how I feel and sometimes it’s as though he is doing just that, then I cry more than ever. The thing is we have to ‘get’ on with it, we have no option, again that’s what I tell myself with the tears. Everything is hard and until it affects us personally we don’t know what it is like. That’s why being on this site helps because we all have had to deal with this strange life. Keep going and you will feel better and be stronger.
Blessings S

9 Likes

Thank you :heart:

I know just how you feel my weekend feel dead we use to enjoy our weekends now I dread them

5 Likes

I’m new tpo this I need to speak to someone please I don’t know how put post on just lost my special friend I’m struggerling as I fought to see her legal as her kids stopped our contact when they put her in a home I can’t go pay my respects they won’t let me or watch her corsage it’s Friday sent police to my home last weekend if I go il get arrested for breach of the peace

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I had a very very difficult day yesterday. I lost my husband 23 wks ago and yesterday was his birthday. The first one without him. I bought a beautiful bunch of flowers and put them by his photograph and I lit a tealight candle keeping the light going all day until I went to bed. I don’t know how I got through the day, but I did. I cried and then thought of happy memories, then cried some more. That is how I got through the day.

15 Likes

Toppy, give yourself the credit that you not only got through the day but remembered the good times. These special days are very difficult and not being able to go out and about but being stuck at home makes them more difficult. Well done, you know you can do it :clap::clap:. Take care, thinking about you. xx

4 Likes

Thank you so much x

1 Like

Oh dear, so much for you to cope with. I know what you mean about wanting your husband back - so do I, but alas that will never happen. So we have to try to wear big girls trousers if we can and wipe our tears away. I see your post was Jan 20 - so hoping you are feeling better by now.

FEELING SO LOW TODAY MISS JOHN SO MUCH HE WOULDNT HAVE PUT UP WITH ALL THE SHIT I DO KIDS COMPLAIN THERES NOTHING TO EAT FREEZER FULL OF FISH CHICKEN PIZZA ECT FRESH CHICKEN IN THE FRIDGE BURGERS VEG RICE PASTA DOGS ON HEAT I KEEP THE MALE AND FEMALE SEPERATE I BUY THERE FOOD FLEA WORMING TABLETS PICK SHIT UP FROM THE GARDEN BUY THE TREATS EAR DROPS EYE DROPS BUT THERE NOT MY DOGS BUT ALL THE KIDS FOOD CANS OF POP TOILETRIES AND GET MINIMAL MONEY WHEN I GET IT BOUGHT THE FOOD THEY ASKED FOR THEN THEY DONT LIKE IT FFS PUT LIGHT ON IN THE DAYTIME OH DONT NO WHY IM TELLING THEM OFF WELL IT DONT MATTER THERE NOT PAYING THE BILL I AM DONT WANT TO BE HERE NO MORE JUST WANT TO BE WITH JOHN X

i lost my husband in February from covid and i thought was coping reasonably as it was always me that looked after bills and even diy but ive found the last few weeks really difficult and now i also hardly ever see the kids so i feel really alone and 2 of the kids are fueding i thought it may have been differant now but its even worse and i know there both lying about whats gone on so there both trying to get me to back them i ve told them im not taking sides but ones now trying to go out of her way to make me belive her but i dont. and now its coursing me to have high blood pressure they picked it up on a routine check ive never had problems before with my blood pressure and they say i after survive as they couldnt cope with anougher funeral so soon but i feel so low that i dont think theyd actually care on top of that it would have been our 43rd wedding anniversary this thursday. im even thinking of buying a new car for our anniversay which will anoy some of the kids but i just feel so alone.

i know how you feel im feeling so low i dont care if i wake and all my kids have grown up but i dont seem to see them anymore i normally babysit three of my great grandchildren but im not even seeing them much as there mums of sick having had miner surgery. but if you also read my message i put on this page theres more details i dont feel like i have a future yes before he gave up work last year on medical grounds he worked away but that meant we got to travel alot. none of his family even came to funeral not even his own mother as we always knew they would not bother me or the kids or grandkids but it does hurt i thought shed wait until after funeral but no i got abuse before funeral for a couple of reasons one was she did not like that she did not get mention in paper and also because of restrictions she was going to after watch it outside crematorium but she expected me to let her have one of his childrens places inside but we have a large family so i refused shes never bothered with our kids or any of grandchildren and we’ve just become a great grandma unfortunatly my husband our kids never so much as got a birthday card but we always made sure they never missed them as my family always bothered and my brothers and sister was there. i dont know how old your children our i do try to tell myself that my kids have own families but it doesnt help it hurts. so i just wouldnt care if i didnt wake up and now im on my own it would probarly take a week before anyone would notice

so on thursday my nana passed away while i was having my heart opp and im struggling she was on pallitive care

yes i do know why your strugglung if your like me imy husband died from covid in February but he had cancer 12 years ago but the surgery left him in pain and all last year he was in and out of hospital unrelated to cancer so i keep telling myself at least hes not suffering anymore but it doesnt help i carnt get over the things we were still going to do and now i carnt it doesnt seem right and tomorrow would have been our 43rd wedding anniversay. i dont know where you live but im having greif counseling from a hospice in our home town they dont aftet be a patient. your first of call if your struggling contact your doctor and explain and they may be able to point you in right direction. i hope ive given you some useful information

Well done,if thats doesn’t sound too patronising.the first birthday/anniversary was the hardest for me,as a lone parent,and having a broken family,I dont feel I can grieve for my mum properly.its good to celebrate their life in anyway we can,however big or small. Xx

1 Like

I hate weekends aswell Sunday feels worse as most of my friends are with there families and I feel very alone l guess you endure joy seems a distant memory I’m afraid I just want to get of this roller coaster of grief this forum does help as I no I’m not the only one going through this best wishes to you all.

3 Likes