About the Coping with bereavement category

I can relate to that feeling everything seems to get worse. I’m.in that position at the moment.
Some has just said on here to try and find a positive ie sun shining flowers out/blossoming. I think I will write them in my diary.

I miss the hugs too, but from my mum she was the best hugger ever, no one could ever hug like her so warm and she could wrap you in close to her heart I know as I could always hear it . I have no one left in my life to either hug or get hugged by , and let’s be honest a hug means everything when your down and out with things going wrong and what’s happening all around us take care and I am sending you a virtual hug karen77 x

2 Likes

It’s all so hard I lost my husband last year it feel so lonely even though I have a lot of family and friends around me but isn’t the same , getting a little easier try stay strong Yvonne keep positive but I know that’s hard x

I do understand.I lost two close friends last year and another within a few days of my husband’s death.That meant another funeral within five days of his.That really brought me low.I too miss the hugs and the support.No one can replace that loss.

1 Like

Hi sorry that you too have experienced like myself multi bereavements all within a short period,if you are like me, i haven’t been able to catch my breath and I feel traumatized by all the deaths. Especially my mums and my beautiful sister who died far to young from cancer, as I nursed and cared for them both who were both dying at the same time , it was the worst ever and I wonder how I survived???I had little help elsewhere including the no beds available either at the RBH or the local hospice due to what they said staff shortages , today as many days my mood remains very low my heart remains sad and painful and it takes all my plight just to get out of bed each day , whether the sun is out or not it holds no joy for me .You take care yours karen77 x

2 Likes

Hi hope you put yourself first for once you deserve that new car your husband who obviously loved you dearly would like to know that you had a safe new car, let the kids who sound adults look after themselves and fight as they may that’s their problem not yours - look after yourself and your own emotions and interest, yours karen77 x

1 Like

I know that empty feeling nothing can full it up I try to keep busy then bang I think he not here anymore little things set me of I ain’t cried since funeral it like a lump in my chest my emotions are all over the place people seem to think I my to get on with it they don’t understand my heart is broken

Hello , I have only just seen your message . I am new here . I hope you did buy a new car , or at least go shopping for one ! I think it would give you a step towards a new independence and believe your husband would be proud of you for taking that step . My bereavement was different . I hope your children will begin to be encouraging towards you rather than fighting for your attention !

It only 8 weeks today I finding it so hard it is lonely wk end feel empty without him here trying to see life without him seems impossible

All of this is hard. I’m at the funeral directorsvsorting out a headstone. Also trying to sort.my own funeral.plans. it’s so awful to have to do these practical things when all I want to do is yell the world to f off. Thank god I have andys best friend and his dog staying with me. He’s been a great source if comfort considering he list his wife suddenly 5 years ago.

1 Like

Hi Paula so sorry for your losses . Regarding your leaky conservatory -have you tried the company who fitted it for you , surely they give you a guarantee with it and look after it once its fitted , obviously they know sometimes there are problems with them , it may just be the glass seals that are leaking the same with your front door. If they dont help look for a local handy man or ask on facebook if your a member - put a post up asking if anyone knows a good handy man with your problem on to your facebook friends, they can normally recomend someone. Hope you get it sorted .

It’s hard. I lost my dad four months ago

Hello. I was watching some back surgery on the tv . I reminded me so much of when my husbsnd had accident. Tge lady had a spinal injury, not as high up as andys. I soobbed my heart out. It was so difficukt for me.

1 Like

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re feeling so low today. It sounds like you’re going through a difficult time, especially with missing John. It can be tough to handle all the responsibilities and complaints from your kids. It’s great that you’re taking care of the dogs and providing for everyone’s needs, even though they may not be your own dogs. It can be frustrating when you buy food that the kids ask for and they don’t like it. It’s important to remember that their preferences can be unpredictable. It’s understandable that you feel overwhelmed, but please know that there are people who care about you and want to support you. If you ever feel like you don’t want to be here anymore, please reach out to someone you trust or a helpline for support. We are here to support each other.

I feel for you. I really do. I’ve just been through something similar. My partner died suddenly in front of me 5 weeks ago, then his family and friends turned on me in the most surprising and unnecessary ways. I wasn’t able to attend his funeral that took place this week.
I’m trying so hard to make sense of anything and don’t feel like i have even started to process anything because of the attack I’ve been under.
I’ve just been trying to be compassionate to those who have become complicit in this behaviour. Maybe they think they’re making good choices for their loved one - despite it feeling so unjust to us.
At this time these things are outside of our control, so I’m holding onto the things i do have control over. That includes how i react, how i behave and the memories i have of my love.

I lost my grandad three weeks ago suddenly. I spent so much time with him and my world revolved around him. I’m finding it hard restarting my life without him and picking myself back up. I miss him so much

Dear aimee. It’s so hard when somebody you’re so close to dies. Hold on to the treasured memories that you hsvevshared together. It won’t ever replace the love, hugs and his pearls of wisdom that he shared with you. I’m sure that you have family and friends to help you. I find talking about lost ones helps.

1 Like