About the Losing a child category

A place for bereaved parents, who have lost a child of any age (including adult children) to share experiences and support each other.

If you’re grieving for your child, it can often be difficult to find a way to look and move forwards in life. You may find yourself doubting or questioning what you thought you knew about the world around you, or reliving what you did or didn’t do in the lead up to your child’s death. But you are not alone - the community is here for you.

You may also find these Sue Ryder resources helpful as you cope with the death of your parent, or a parental figure in your life.

If you are looking for in-person support too, Sue Ryder have just launched our Grief Kind Spaces.

Our Grief Kind Spaces are weekly, in-person drop-in sessions held in the local community and run by trained volunteers. The sessions provide a safe, informal and supportive place for people to come together and share their experiences of grief, helping attendees to feel heard and less alone.

If you’re not in an area with a Grief Kind space, or are looking for a different kind of support, you may wish to visit the AtALoss website. It is a directory of bereavement support and will show you what is available in your area. If you click this link then select your region, you may be able to find something near you.

2 Likes

Why is it so hard to post on here? I lost my son suddenly and unexpectedly oct 18. I was destroyed… hard to find support for us parents

3 Likes

How are u coping now I lost my son 2,years ago I got a message from him which has gave me hope

Hi all I’m having a really bad day I wish I was with my beautiful son I can’t bear being without him and don’t know how to go on does anyone else get these feelings .my husband had said he wants to spilt up as he blames me for Jonathan passing i really wish it was me who had gone and not Jonathan I keep asking myself why was it him and not me when he had his whole life in front of him I miss him so so much there is only you guys who know what I am going though has anyone got any advice for me or ways I can get this black mood to lift i dont know what to do please can someone help me Linda

2 Likes

Hi Linda. Your situation sounds hard. I’m looking for advice too . . .There is no point wasting my life feeling sad all the time. But how to get out of this is a mystery?. I miss my two boys every day all day . Goodluck Linda. If I find the cure I’ll pass it on XXXX

1 Like

Hi ange, I hear you, I have also been feeling like I have been looking for help but unable to find it and gave joined here. I lost my son Sept 2020. I really hope your OK x

1 Like

Hi all , I too lost my son in sudden circumstances and to be honest I haven’t got a clue about anything anymore . My perception is I’m going to war everyday , can’t stop crying . My god thought I had a tuff life but this is just unbelievable

Hi Teddy, not heard from you for a few days, hope you are ok? Just wanted to say I’m thinking of you and sending you best wishes. Take care of yourself xx

Hi my name is Michelle and this Jan I lost my youngest daughter Leah who had breast cancer which then turned very quickly to stage 4 liver cancer it was awful the pain she was in I’m absolutely devastated I sob everyday some days I don’t want to wake up I don’t know if anyone else feels like this my emotions are all over the place I’m angry one minute they in bits the next I feel so alone I hope someone will talk to to me thank you xx

1 Like

Hi Michelle , so sorry for you loss . You have definitely come to the right place all of us on here are sadly have so much in common and know exactly what your going through ! It’s an unbearable pain that one can’t even put words too . Keep coming on here someone will always try to support you . Xxx

Oh thank you so much Im so glad someone knows exactly what I’m going through my other daughter s are grieving in their own way but this is my second daughter who I have lost but I was told basically to get on with it Katie was stillborn at 40 weeks that drove me out of my mind I just grieved in silence but now with Leah passing it’s double the pain. They are buried together I’m just so glad I can write my emotions here and you all know what I’m going through I can’t thank you enough Michelle xx

1 Like

We all 100% understand and know what your going through . Grief is bloody awful ! I’m really struggling and to be honest it just gets harder ! No parent should loose their child . Big hugs , keep posting believe me it does help xxxx

1 Like

Hi teddy yes I’m really struggling I only joined this group yesterday but the lovely messages and support I’ve received already has give me a bit of hope the pain yesterday was horrible I cried most of the day and last night it’s just an overwhelming feeling of panic and dispair which I couldn’t shake off yesterday this morning a little better I hope everyone feels a little better tday XX big hugs from me to everyone XX :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Hi Shellyann glad you have posted again today ! There is no better medicine then talking to people who totally understand you ! People think they know but they don’t only we know and my god it’s a hard road . I still wake up shaking my councillors told me I’m still in shock and this is seven months on . I just take day by day that’s my survival . Xxxx

1 Like

Hi luv yes it’s true unless you are going through this people don’t really understand it was the 25 of Jan Leah passed away my councillor has said the same I’m in shock still and it’s going to be a long hard slog to feel a bit like normal but il keep coming on here and talking to you lovely people we ll try and give each other comforting support I hope it will help. Take care XX

1 Like

It will definitely help in one way it’s like a life line , safe space where you can express yourself freely and no one judges you sadly we are all in the same boat xxxxx

Yes very true and it really does help I just found out tday my close friend has got a tumor in her bladder this is the 3rd one bless her I’ve lost quite a few on friends to cancer over the yrs it’s a awful disease xx

Hi I completely understand how you feel. I’ve lost two sons Lindsay in 2016 and Jonathan in 2021. I can’t begin to describe the devastation I feel I miss them so much. Lindsay was found in the River after being missing for 10 weeks. Even though I knew he had passed the confirmation was unbearable. Jonathan was diagnosed with bladder cancer in September of last year. The cancer spread to the bowels and he passed away December 5th. I was with him and held his hand as he passed. L ife will never be the same. All I can say is you do learn to live with the devastating loss and remember them with all your love. Be strong.

1 Like

Oh bless you Joan I feel so bad for you loosing 2 sons but I know how it feels I lost 2 daughters the youngest one was this Jan. I’m totally devastated I don’t think il ever come to terms with loosing my girls. Leah passed due to breast and liver cancer and Katie was stillborn full term I have trouble with the normal everyday things I have not much interest in anything but I do try. Just feel so alone and isolated. I hope in time the pain starts to ease shellyanne XX

It is so difficult trying to go on . I literally just try and get through my days . I’m so disconnected from the world we live in . I still can’t put into words how I feel . Xx

1 Like