About the Losing a child category

Hi
I’m going through the exact same nobody understands unless you’ve been through I cry most days for my beautiful blue eyed boy I lost hm 14 months ago to a tragic accident he fell in the bathroom banged his head died 2 hours later catastrophic brain injury i do suffer depression but the pain and heartbreak I’m going through depression is a walk in the park

2 Likes

I am so sorry for you. Losing your child no matter how old is unbelievably heartbreaking. But as time goes on the grief will never leave you but you learn to live with it. My heart goes out to you.

2 Likes

Hello everyone on this thread . I have not posted on the site for a while. I understand this pain - the pain of loosing a child. I lost both my beautiful boys , adrian in Sept 2021 and Jonathon in December 2021, just 11 weeks apart. Every day is different. I think i have experienced every emotion and still do.I have learnt to just go with it… Grief for me is sometimes unbearable - the days when I cannot believe its true - that they cannot reaally be gone. I just try to hold on to hope and now and then sometimees just for 5 minutes I feel that hope and it gives me peace. I have found that for me not fighting the truth of their leaving takes less from me . It has taken me 15 months to get to here which is no time at all compared to the time they were with me. I wish you all a bit of peace too. Xxxxxx

1 Like

Hi Jenna , yes it’s been a while since I have posted ! Yes I honestly still can’t express how I’m feeling . Just get through the days still going to war … I just feel my way of hoping is putting everything in a box and let me tell you it’s very full . Sometimes I worry tgst I’m going to explode . I put my mask on as I also feel I don’t want to put my shit on anyone . Xxxx Do hope the rest of the ladies are doing ok xxxxx

Hi Teddy and Jenna - good to hear from you both. At lease we are all keeping in keeping on. I can imagine the years ahead of us being tough, but we are doing the best we can. Sending you both my best. I’m doing okish, I manage to get thru the days better than I was. Some days I think I’ve turned a corner and others not. I’m going to a retreat soon and was positive about it, till I got the info and they said could we bring a photo of our sons or daughters so they can make us badges. It’s optional but the thought of it just made me cry. I still can’t look at photos of my girl, I’m just not ready. The pain is just below the surface and catches me unawares. Sending you love xxxx

Hi Nell , I’m the same can’t look at any photos ! I still can’t think about things and still can’t believe what has happened . Xxx

It’s mad I feel I have trained my mind not to go there not sure if it’s a good or a bad thing but feel I have to do what helps me . Xxxx

Hello Teddy and Nell. I feel the same. Some days I can look at my two boys photos with overwhelming love. Then another day to look at them my heart breaks and I just cry. I miss them so much. X

2 Likes

Hello all - nice to hear from you Teddy and Nell. It seems such a long time since we first started posting. . I think it was March last year. IS it the CF weekend Nell you are going to. I think i would be a gibbering mess - for me its all about being in control of my environment so I suppose me emotions. I think id like to give it a go next year. Hope it goes well for you though . Teddy I get the putting things in a box, I think we have to do just that at times to stop getting overwhelmed by it all . We all do the best we can and that is enough. I have an app with the optician and I keep cancelling cos last time i was there Jon was with me getting his eyes tested and so it goes on. best wishes to everyone on this thread xx

I know it’s mad I still haven’t been up the town I just navigate my routes so I don’t bump into no one . Just don’t want to talk …

I understand Teddy , I take different routes to places sonetimes, and there are certain people I have been known to run from. Triggers are sometimes best avoided.xxx

1 Like

Hi Jenna, yes it is the CF weekend in Bath. At the moment I’m getting a bit worried that the trains will go on strike or delays etc. it looks a lovely place and I’ve found meeting people through CF has been really good. I’ve been really lucky (makes a change!) and CF found me a really lovely Grief Companion and that’s positive, plus eventually I’ve got some grief trauma counselling and it’s helped me to start to see a way forward. No one ever gets over it as we all know too well but sharing on here has made a difference. Without all that help I don’t know if I’d have any sanity left. It’s all very fragile too and suddenly something is said or happens and I’m back there again. It’s a journey alright. There’s no going back to how life used to be. I am glad to hear from you and we are all keeping on keeping on. Ever so big hugs xxx

1 Like

So true Nell , such a journey xxx

i lost my son to colectral cancer he left 2 young children x

1 Like

Hi Archie , so sorry for your loss xxxxx life is very cruel xxx

1 Like

Hi lovely ladies and gentlemen how are we all doing ? Been a while since I have been on here .

life can be so cruel my son was a big strong fit lad who wasted away to nothing

best wishes to you x

my heart goes out to you c

i’m here if you ever need a chat i lost my son to cancer my heart goes out to everyone on here x