About the Losing a child category

Yes , sadly we are all going through this awful nightmare xx

I do know how you feel .My son Christopher died 17th July aged 47 . He was bone with right side hemplegic ,learning difficulties,epilepsy . But up until 25th April he was going out everywhere on his own ,living life to the full. Then on the morning of the 26th April , he was having pains in his hips and legs .in hospital he had test was secondary cancer of the bone ,primary unknown . He used to phone me up every morning from his hospital bed,saying get up you lazy bone get out of bed.Every morning I give a cry and look at his phone
My husband and I have a daughter who we love .she is severely handicapped ,so we have to pull through for her
God bless everyone

I’m so sorry for your loss xxx life is so cruel . Sending big hugs xxxxc

1 Like

Thank you so much ,went shopping today and without thinking thought what would Christopher like today.

I do exactly the same. I have a dental appointment in September, odd as it sounds I am a person who actually finds it relaxing going to the dentist, however the fear of going to town where my son lived and passed away terrifies me and I have not been since he passed away. I will avoid certain people and places. Xx

I honestly don’t know who I am anymore , completely different mind set if I had my way I wouldn’t leave my house but I have to try and keep strong for my children and grandkids which sometimes is a battle . I hate the fact that people think I’m being rude to them which I’m honestly not but I just don’t want to talk and that’s it . X

I’m not the same person anymore. I avoid people because I can’t be bothered to speak. Horrible I know but can’t help it. They don’t have a clue what we are going through and some just want to speak to find out what happened :smiling_face_with_tear: xx take care

I agree, just so awkward but tbh glad I’m not the only one xxx

I know how it feels .you see my Bed was so active until 25 th of April his carer phoned me saying he can’t get out of bed. I got him to hospital they said it was secondly cancer of the bone they could not find primary. He was so brave ,but in the end it went into the bone and they could not control the palates he bled.A ll the time I found it hard when people asked how he was. He was such a good kind brave lad we lost him on 17th July to that horrible cancer

Sorry it should have read son not bed

It is awkward for us all but I’m going to try thinking it’s there problem if they feel awkward, they are not going through hell like we are xx

I agree with you. For the sake of a moments awkwardness they could just say ‘I’m sorry to hear what’s happened’ then we get the choice to just say ‘thank you’ and leave it at that, or talk about it if we want to. Xxxxx

1 Like

Hi Jenna - I went to the retreat in bath in, I think it was February. It was really comforting. A beautiful location and inspiring speakers and a real sense of everyone understanding. I spent a fair bit of time crying and so did a lot of people, that was a release too. I am really glad I went. Everyone was really supported and cared for from the moment we arrived. On the last day there was a candle lighting ceremony and I just couldn’t do it. I was crying outside the room and somebody was there straight away. I told her I couldn’t go into that room and see all those candles. She said to ‘would you allow me to do it for you’. She sent me photos and said she’d put my girls candle next to her sons. Bless. I would really recommend it. Compassionate Friends have really helped me. There’s no fix for what’s happened but it has helped me to share the misery with others in the same boat! Xxxxxxxxxx

1 Like

Hi Nell , how would one go about getting on these retreats ? Xx

Yes some people are just extremely invasive xx

They are on the Compassionate Friends website xxxxx

Thank you xxx