All family have died

Hi Sue,

It’s good to hear from you and yes it was good to see family but it upset me too. Think it makes me so aware of being ‘just me’ now.

I understand you not wanting to go out as I still get days when I just want to go back to bed and shut the world out. Don’t be hard on yourself as you need to do what you feel like doing or not doing rather than what you think you should be doing. Hope that makes sense?

I haven’t done much at all lately but yesterday I did housework and even cut the grass so feel shattered today. At least I can get the rabbits out now it has stopped raining at last but it’s quite hot now.

I totally understand you not wanting to set foot in ‘that’ hospital and why should you? Maybe it would be better if you were honest with your son’s friend and told him you can’t cope with going there. People can be quite selfish and just don’t realise what hell it is for us. You can offer to visit him when he is home maybe.

Now to relax in the garden…

Take care and be kind to yourself.

Love & hugs Viv x

Hi Viv … I’m glad you are relaxing in the garden. It’s 30 degrees here and I need to cut the grass really.

You are right … but it’s hard to be like this when used to being on top of things and coping etc. Last night I woke up three times with great big panic attacks … it was horrible don’t know what’s the matter with me.

I seem to be going backwards at the minute. I can’t see it getting better but we will see.

I hope you enjoy your garden today. Take care of you. Love Sue x

Hi Sue

I hope the panic attacks in the night have stopped,they are so awful. I am sure you know that trying to breathe slowly through them can help. I am in a choir and we do inhale to count of 7 and exhale to count of 7 slowly several times in our ‘warm ups’ to relax.

Did you cut your grass? I like my lawn as I think it softens the garden but it is hard work in the summer.

Has your granddaughter had results of her re mark yet? I hope she gets through to Oxford as it will be such a boost for you all.

I have enjoyed the sunny weekend in the peace of my garden but it was quite hot at times.

Look after yourself.

Love & hugs Viv x

Panic attacks can be controlled. If you have a plastic bag breath in and out of that, as it will stop your carbon dioxide levels falling. Why don’t you see your still existing family more, or have them to stay?

Hi Viv

Yes I got the grass cut but not until yesterday … it was so hot… seven loads of grass cuttings. All done now though.

Yes Amber is in to Oxford to read history so she is happy. Going shopping next week to get some of the stuff she needs. Youngest grandson. Lenny, starts the school Amber has just finished at. It’s a brilliant school. Her dad would be so proud of her … Amber said he would be dancing about and shrieking bless her. He dued two weeks after age started that school.

Glad you had a peaceful weekend … it was so hot. I have t been anywhere for six days …, that’s awful isn’t it. Can’t seem to make myself at the moment… dont want to get where I can’t though.

I hope you are doing ok … take care. Love Sue x

Hi Sue,

That’s great news about Amber and I hope it lifted your spirits. Good luck for her future.

Seven loads of grass is a lot of grass so sounds like you have more lawn than me. The worst thing with mine is having to dismantle the rabbit run which is quite easy as it is galvanised metal but it flicks about and usually gives me scratches and bruises.I will probably dismantle it completely this weekend as I am going down to my daughter’s next week for a few weeks.I expect I will need a scythe to cut it when I get back!

I hope you have managed to get out of the house as it is hard I know but sometimes you have to force yourself.

Take care.

Love & hugs Viv x