Alone

Hi all,

My dad died recently and mum died only 4 years ago. I feel so alone. My husband still has both his parents and I really dont think he understands the hell i am in! I feel so desperately alone. I am a hospice nurse and do not feel able to return to work which isn’t helping as palliative care is all i have ever wanted to do. I feel anxious, sad, angry and helpless anyone feeling the same? I scared i am going to lose everything and find myself growing angry at the people who are there for me. How do i get through this intact?

X

2 Likes

Hello @Dawnie45, I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad and your mum. It’s understandable that you’re feeling so alone right now, and feeling so sad and anxious.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to ask if you had considered counselling to talk through some of what you’re feeling right now? Many of our members have had bereavement counselling and have found it to be helpful. If it’s something you’d like to explore, we offer free online bereavement counselling which is held via video chat - you can find out more about it here: https://www.sueryder.org/online-bereavement-counselling

If you’d prefer something face-to-face, your GP should be able to point you in the right direction.

Please do keep reaching out - we are here for you and you are not alone.

Take care
Seaneen

Hello Dawnie45
Sorry to hear about your mom and dad you are not alone we hear you and feel your pain and loss. My boyfriend has lossed both his parents and I thought he would understand howI was feeling but he doesnt .I am a teaching assistent in a recetion class and I have retured back to work it is hell at the moment first aid corses parent interveiws and lesson obsevations I feel like I cant catch my breath I used to love my job so your question does anybody feel the same is yes I feel like I am puttig on my coluges at work because I keep having melt down over silly little things luke the photocopyer not working no plydoug for the children thing that have never fased me before so keep reaching out to us we will travel this journey to gether xxx