Anniversary

Well it’s nearly the 1st of April and our wedding anniversary 35 years, then the 1st of May when the worse day of my life happened and I lost my gorgeous Helen, must admit that I cry every day but lately it’s few times a day. It’s strange that the start of next two months where one was happiest day of my life (1st April) then the next (1st of May) the absolute worse day of my life. It will be quiet as I tend to just shut up shop and sit and think of Helen and try and remember all these happy times, I know my life would have taken the wrong path without my girl my gorgeous Helen. Love to you all. :heart::heart:

5 Likes

Hi @Ged1 ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

Hi @Ged1 , really sorry to see you struggling with anniversaries. I did as well, but there is a way to handle in better. We have a thread running where quite a few of us have adopted a policy of not sitting, reflecting, crying and having an awful day.
We are doing something special for our wives and husbands, something we’ve never done before, and a bit challenging. It really shows how much we care and remember.
We’ve got people who have dusted off their ukulele, booked holidays, learning to do stand-up paddle boarding etc. I’m going abseiling, potholing, and learning to play the flute. We all feel proud of ourselves.
I wish I knew how to post a link and ask you to join us.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply and I take my hat off to you and all who are trying new things, 1st of May 2022 when I lost Helen so another anniversary coming up I shall try and do something in memory of my gorgeous wife. If you ever find how to post link that would be lovely.
Thanks
Ged

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is the best way to post a link, but fingers crossed!

If you can find something, Helen with be with you, being proud that you show you cared. If you are near Derbyshire on the 22nd, you are welcome to come abseiling with us!! Best of luck.