Another first coming up

2nd September will be another 1st .
The first anniversary of my hubby’s funeral does any one else think of that day as a first or am I being silly. I will buy a bunch of red roses and put them on his grave :rose:. Will this living nightmare ever end.

7 Likes

Not reached that anniversary yet it was my wedding anniversary on Saturday and that has been the worst ‘first’ so far!
Don’t think it’s silly at all everything that brings back the terrible sad memories are going to hurt. It’s the price we pay for true love.

3 Likes

Hi , my husbands funeral was also my mams memory . She died 36 years ago on that day . So not only will I be going to book of remembrance on the day he died . I will also be going on the day of his funeral . As I have the last 36 years for my mam . Also my dad died on our 25 wedding anniversary . So I will also be going there on our wedding anniversary . As I have the last 15 years for my dad . I did find it really hard this year , as it was our 40 wedding anniversary . And first time I went without husband . Xtake carex

2 Likes

Hi @Misprint
No your not being silly, 23rd March is the anniversary of Doug’s funeral it was also Marie Curie National Day of Reflection, and there was a minute’s silence at midday before his funeral service started. I lit a candle and put daffodils on my doorstep in memory of him.
As his ashes are scattered in the sea in Cornwall, I buy something for the garden, such as a plant, ornament or solar lights in his memory on his birthday, our wedding anniversary and the day I lost him.
It’s going to take time, I’m in the second year and I’ve found it harder than last year no new memories only sad ones.
Sending a hug and thinking of you on Friday.
Debbie X

2 Likes

It is my husbands birthday on 25 September and it will be the first one as he died two days before Easter so I sympathise whole heartedly

4 Likes

Hi, all these firsts we are coping with are heartbreaking . I found the days leading up to each one was harder than the actual day . Even though every day is now hard and long and lonely without our one true love . Sorry for your loss . Xtake carex

4 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to reply with your experienced thoughts

1 Like

Well managed to get though today ok another anniversary . Put flowers on grave to mark 1st anniversary of funeral . Was very upset earlier. Got my first holiday coming up next don’t know how I feel about that going to be very difficult going to the same place we always went to be lots of memories come flooding back.

3 Likes

It’s my darling Sharon’s birthday on Wednesday. I’m dreading it, no idea how I will cope. She passed in May this year, and despite getting various professional help, I just can’t begin to accept that this has happened, that she’s gone forever. As soon as that thought hits me, I have a massive panic attack, and my brain just blocks everything and shuts down.
My 2 sons are coming in the afternoon, but I don’t think anything will help… I’m already in a mess just thinking about it. This torture is just shit beyond belief.

5 Likes

I can fully sympathise my husband of 45 years suddenly died in April 2 days before Easter and its his birthday on 25th this month and I also am dreading it it was my birthday In July and I spent the day in a world of blubber and snot I didn’t know one person could cry so continuously so am dreading the 25th

3 Likes

I feel the same as you because she was your reason for living.
When she died a part of you did as well.
I am fighting and hope you do as well.
God Bless, if you believe.

3 Likes

Thanks @Edwomble - but I can’t believe in any God that would take Sharon, who fought so hard to stay.

3 Likes

Your not being silly it my husband first year on 16 September. I will never forget. They say time heal I not to sure on that one every day is a living nightmare.

2 Likes

Hi . I absolutly agree with you . It will be a year on 17september . When my world stopped my happy life finished . And just hurt , sadness , lonliness . And heartbreak . I really don’t know how I’m still here . I miss and love my husband more and more each day . Don’t think it will ever get any easier . Just a crap exsistence now . Thinking of you xtake carex

2 Likes

I don’t think you are being silly. It’s the first anniversary of my husband’s death on 19th September. I miss him every single day. I’m still finding it difficult to accept that he’s not coming back. Life is so different now and it’s very hard to adjust. We used to go everywhere together and now I think what’s the point of going on my own so I don’t bother. I must admit I have a very loving family and good friends so I’m not a recluse but it’s not the same as it was when I was part of a couple.

2 Likes

I no exactly where you’re coming from my life stopped when my husband died everything you know everything you did together stops. Very lonely existence you try hard to fill the day. You don’t like to bother your family because they’ve all got their own lives with their kids working. Just a terrible existence until you meet your husband on the other side. Just no that your not alone on how you feel. I was with my Hubbie 47 years.

2 Likes

I was married for just 48 year’s but together for 52. Life is very different. I have a dog and she has been my rock. I have to get up in the morning to see you her and go out for a walk. She’s a great listener too, I hope life improves for you soon. Take care

2 Likes

Thats how I feel too

3 Likes

Hi , it’s just crap isn’t it . Our perfect little lives just gone . No hope no future . Nothing , sending love and a hug to you . Xtake carex

6 Likes

Thank you I feel that I have lost everything and like a child having to start all over again knowing what I had and now have not just like a punishment

2 Likes