Anxiety

Good advice. Reading other people’s experiences on here has made me realise there is no right or wrong way to deal with this. Just have to try and trust ourselves and do the right thing for us.
Xx

1 Like

So true. It’s a long hard road thought isn’t it :heart:

2 Likes

Live is so hard but what can we do can’t bring our wonderful husbands and wife’s back so try to go forward buts it’s so blood so hard too do lv annie x x

1 Like

I agree Annie. I will do certain things and feel confident but the next day all the insecurities are there again It’s a relentless journey that we all share It’s all so sad x

1 Like

I feel the same, been suffering with anxiety since my mum passed. It’s the worst feeling, I wake up feeling sick and nervous. Been struggling more recently because her 7 year anniversary is coming up. I have good days and bad days. I start to feel better and then it just comes out of the blue. I know it’s easier said than done, but try to keep yourself busy and give yourself something to focus on.

1 Like

It’s been 8 weeks for after loosing my husband . I’m full of anxiety my hands tremble and feel terrible if I’m not in my home . I’ve been told it’s normal it’s just how grief affects you physically. Hope we can get past this it’s awful

1 Like

Hi Dawn
Sorry you have found yourself on here but you will find lots of support. Even just reading other peoples experiences helps, makes you realise that it’s ok to feel the way you do.
Anxiety has taken me by surprise. My husband died in sept. I try to not let it stop me going anywhere but mine is actually getting worse lately.
Hope yours improves soon. Xx

1 Like

Barbara 61
Sorry for your loss,my husband passed away 23 weeks ago it’s the most painful,crushing thing ever to happen,I understand the anxiety and the trembling,every day is a nightmare
at least on here you can express your grief,we understand what you are going through

Take care

Christine x

1 Like

Hi Christine
Have you contacted your doctor about your anxiety ? I’ve finally given in and made an appointment with mine on thursday. I don’t want to take medication if I can help it I’m hoping he can refer me to talk to someone. Just got this feeling of anxiety in my stomach it just used to be when I was going out anywhere but it’s there most of the time now xx

1 Like

Stomach anxiety plagued me since my husband died ten months ago. The only thing I found that helps is action. Do something to get rid of the cortisol. Exercise. Wash up. Sing at the top of your lungs scream shout get it out. X

2 Likes

Dear KarenLouise. It sounds like we are all experiencing the anxiety. I too can’t even do the garden (that was my husbands baby. Just filling the car up with petrol stresses me out terribly. I feel like my confidence has deteriorated badly. My husband passed on 23 August which feels like a life time away. The crying seems to be getting worse again which makes me feel like I’m going backwards.
Stay strong Karen. Things must get better soon! :broken_heart:

1 Like

Barbara 61
Yes Ispoke on the phone to a doctor and now on antidepressants,something I said I would never do,but needed to try something,I did go to an appointment to speak to a Councillor but it wasn’t for me didn’t help,I understand about the anxiety it’s awful I’m struggling more than ever without my husband miss him so much it hurts

Take care

Christine x

2 Likes

Hope the medication works for you. Counselling is not for everyone I suppose but you gave it a go. What works for one person mightn’t work for another.
Take care xx

2 Likes

Hi Nel
Thanks for the advice. My anxiety is in my stomach too. I was trying going for a walk everyday but last week the weather was so wet and cold didn’t manage it. Decided to decorate my bedroom so been painting today to keep busy.
I don’t call it ours as with mark being poorly and having so many problems it hasn’t been our bedroom for 3 years
Xx

1 Like

I know how you feel. My husband died in January. Everyday tasks just seems so impossible to do.
Feel a void and emptiness.

1 Like

Dear coping1 I’m so glad you said you’re finding every day tasks difficult because that’s how I feel (my husband passed on 23 August.). I just can’t find any motivation to do anything. It takes me all my time to care for myself and put a face on to the world. Jiyce1

1 Like

This might sound weird but I thought I am going crazy. My brain is telling me go you should do this and that the little things that used to give me joy, but my heart feels so broken. Going outside its like becoming very difficult. So I started just to do small things daily which I don’t always succeed, but like today I hoovered and dusted only one room,. And looked for support thats how i found this site.
I still don’t know how to be without him I don’t think I ever will, but it is nice to be able to talk or write about it

1 Like