Anxiety

When my husband died 15 weeks ago I was devastated. He went to play golf and died on the course. The worst thing for me is the constant panic attacks and anxiety. Does anyone else suffer this way?

6 Likes

Hi @Magpie11
Oh my goodness yes. I’ve found that it’s not the normal things that make me anxious. The worst thing that could ever happen has happened so there is a bravery (or apathy?) which that brings. I almost pity any muggers out there! But the simplest things become completely consuming e.g. the 50 point check required everytime I Ieave the house :laughing:.
Like you, my husband died suddenly and I think that brings it’s own ‘special gifts’. I will try and share a link to a video I found really helpful.
Xx

4 Likes

Hopefully this link works x

3 Likes

Hi Magpie
I don’t think many of us on this forum have escaped the panic attacks, anxiety, fear and noticed a total change in our personalities. It seems to come with grief so you are certainly not on your own.
P xx

3 Likes

I had my first ever panic attack today. I was actually thinking about the day we first met socially and it was like i was there again 16 years later. Whilst this was a very positive memory it just reinforced how much we had lost. I would advise anyone to use whatever help suits them. I am a mental health nurse by trade and i can’t sort myself out. Just do whatever feels right. xx

3 Likes

@Stillhiswife

Thank you for this I’ll will have a look . I lost Bry very suddenly & lay on sofa now as I cannot sleep just shaking my head on disbelief that he’s gone :sleepy::sleepy::broken_heart::broken_heart: xxx

4 Likes

Yeh isnt it strange we go back in our minds to when we first met them ? I wish i could just press the pause button …i think i have only hslf digested all this ! Its the most horrible thing that has happened to me in my life … ive never been so sad :frowning: and felt so bloody alone ! At least i got my puppy but i wish i had him too, another human ! Im waiting for bereavment counselling which they said should be in next week or two xx

2 Likes

I know … sometimes you just feel.like youre in a dream or more like a nightmare !!! Theres not enough support out there for people who lost someone and i think in general people are pretty callous ! They really haven’t a clue ! And a few smiles here and there is not gonna help either ! People are pathetic really ! Unless
its happened to them.i dont think they really want to.know the pain we feel :frowning: xx

1 Like

@Stillhiswife
Thank you. I found this really insightful. Definitely worth a listen.

1 Like

@Stillhiswife . Thank you for this link. I have watched it and gone to Julia’s website to read about the 8 pillars, which again has helped.

1 Like

Yes it does - ive just watched it. Some really useful stuff @Hazel.1966 be good for you too xxx ( only if you feel up to it ) xx

1 Like

@Stillhiswife thanks for posting this link, i will ae a listen. I lost my Bri ery suddenly and unexpectedly whilst he was on a walk not far from home. He was only 47 with no symptoms. Never thought he would go for a walk and not come home, that was last october, and although recently things have been better, the last few days have been terrible, the loneliness especially in the evenings, with the never ending warm summer light nights and the sunny weather, which we used to love, long bank holiday weekends, and a few triggers recently too. Its so sad that so many of us are going through this sh##show, love and strength to you all

3 Likes

Yeh i agree with you … its too hard at any age tbh … i dont understand any of it ? I dont understand why it had to happen to us all … its just so unfair … we have to somehow find a way forward but its flipping tough man x

1 Like

@Deb5 aww thank you will have a look xx

1 Like

How long has your anxiety been going on? It’s wearing me out and so uncomfortable

1 Like

Hi Magpie
I don’t really have anxiety attacks now unless I am forced out of my comfort zone. Loss does however seem to change us and fear, panic attacks or anxiety are the main problems for most of us but they do wear off.
I see your loss was pretty recent and I can remember being a mess those first months.
Pat
xx

1 Like