Best ways to cope with loss of mother

P:S got my knee xrays done and they found me some adrenalin eye drops that are safe for me, go back in a month just to be sure no lasting damage to the eye.

Love Timxx

1 Like

Hey Tim, I don’t normally tend to lose my temper around friends it’s mostly around family members. I turned 33 in November.

I don’t mean to sound big headed but my CV gets the job done most of the time, it’s the interviewing stage I sometimes struggle with. I have had a lot of them in my time.

I haven’t really been applying for many jobs anyway as I’ve only just gone back to my previous employer and I don’t want to rush into it and be in the same situation as last time.

I fully intend on leaving for good when I leave the next time so knowing what kind of job I want would help and that is where I’m stuck because I don’t have a clue what I’d like to do but I’m going to think long and hard about it!

Visited my Gran today and my little friend came to visit :heart: I actually went out and tried to get it to eat from my hand, it definitely thought about it as it kept creeping closer towards me, but I got too cold standing around waiting so I had to abandon ship! I’ll try again next time :rofl:

3 Likes

Hi Jess, its ten to 9 and I senced there was a message for me.

I can identify with what you say regarding interviews, in fact the only interview I ever really won the day at was at St Helens police station when I had been a VOLUNTEER role player in police cadet training at Lee green ,Liverpool, got my lines mixed up and misunderstood my role (I had forgotten my glasses and that did not help) I ended up being accused of racism and was arrested, I invoked the Magnacarta in interview in front of a solicitor and basically wiped the floor with them, they were expecting me to role over, they did not expect that legal spitfire to take flight, but as Elisabeth the first chief adviser said at the time of Armada, when the storm brakes, some stand routed to the spot paralysed with terror, others sore like eagles.
Back in 1940 Herman Goering of the Luftwaffe expected the RAF to role over and give up, they did not, and as I said in my mums eulogy, with out the sacrifises of her generation, I would at the very least be addressing them in German.

A police interview is like sitting an examination, you have a good idea if you have done a good job, and I recall Churchills phone call to Dowding after ‘the hardest day’ on the eve of the 18th September 1940 to confirm the number of enemy aircraft shot down, Dowding replied to the effect of if true, they will give up, if not, they will be hear within a week.

A week later I was handed a card from the CPS by two visiting police officers, ‘Not in the public interest’ they had given up, I had scored an outstanding victory.

To invoke magna Carta, is to walk in the foot steps of intellectual giants, never, never, in the field of legal conflict, was so much owed by so many to so few, in particular, I shall name King Johns chief Barron, William the Marshall of Cartmel, who is credited with persuading King John to put his seal to Magna Carta.

As you will have gathered, I take much of my inspiration from historical events, but like you, I generally do not bull shit at inteviews and I suspect we are both inherently honest people, and have both made honest mistakes, I for my part am almost certainly slightly autitick, I believe you said your partner is, probably much younger then me and was diagnosed early on and possibly you are as well Jess, have you had a test for dyslexia or autism?

May I ask what are your qualifications, when I was 33 I had a driving licence, wind surfing certificate, GCSE Maths grade D (BAD!) City and guilds 244 electronic servicing, OND marine electronics, nothing to shout about, what is amassing in my case is I got them at all given my crap start in life.

Probarbly like you I am better solving real problems then answering things on paper, are you any good at practical crafts?, (not asking about diy with a hammer and saw)

Blessings to all including your fur babies.

Timxx

Jess, I love the picture of your little friend Mr Robbin :heart: :heart: :heart:
I am saving it on my pc.

Have you considered doing portrait or wedding photography as a career?, it’s a lovely picture Jess, thankyou.

Timxx

1 Like

Hi Jess, how did you get on with Mr Robin today, did he eat from your hand?.

Having miner problems with my car and waiting for a windscreen wash motor, the other one has packed in.

Put on the heating yesterday, it was bitterly cold and I wanted to dry out the wall paper glue in the snug so I can put on a second layer(thermal insulation)

Hope your day has gone well and your gran is in good form.

Timxx

1 Like

Hi Amy, not heard from you for 5 days, whats your agenda at the moment?. hope life is treating you ok.

Timxx

1 Like

Aw that’s lovely :blush: how have yous all been? I feel like I’ve not stopped since going back to work, started back my daughters toddler group today too, was nice getting out to that. Just sat down and hoping to get an early night tonight I’m exhausted right now
X

Hi Tim I’m okay just been busy and barely had time to myself, sorry I’ve not been on as much I’ve been really tired too!How have you been? I need to start checking on here before bed again I’ve just been watching a show on tv and falling asleep! Think it’s the weather just dark and gloomy up here
X

2 Likes

Hi Amy , I’ve been much the same as you . Very tired and I’m back at work full time and struggling with it . My Mum has also been very upset the last couple of weeks so I’ve been worried about her . I wish the weather was better so we could get to the allotment .
Hope you are all as on as can be xx

Hi Amy, no sweat, not leaving just yet, Laura thinks its a bad idea and the site helps us connect.

Timxx

I really do . I know I haven’t been on so much but I’ve been back at work . I would miss talking with you all x

Hi Laura, something that might help both your mum and you(she might need bereavement counselling as much as you)

Get some Berocca from the chemist(i take it for depression and it also gives me energy), you want the green one with all the vitamin B’s

Timxx

Yes , I meant to get some . I remember you said last week about that .
It’s still so early days for us both - all
Of us actually …
it’s been nearly 6 months since Dad passed . It’s still feels very raw . Some days are getting easier though . X

Hi Laura, got mine of Amazon or ebay, batch of 6 and it was delivered.
let me know if any problems.

good luck

Timxx

Hi Laura, how are you and your mum today?.
Jess has been in contact, her colleague was ill with an infection and on antibiotics, that is all she knows.

6 months is just yesterday for a bereavement Laura, I am only just starting know to feel more like my self, I still have bad days more then a year on.

Timxx
Struggling with the windscreen washer on my car and need to test them(tomorrows job)

Thanks Laura yes the weather doesn’t help, when it’s nice I’m out every day but can’t bring myself to get out much just now. It is hard returning to work after being off too. I’m doing okay just getting through each day, it all still feels surreal. Hope you’re okay too x

Yes I’m not disappearing, but as Laura said some days are getting easier and I’m trying to hold on to the good days. But I’m so glad I can come on here and speak with you all too. And I like keeping in touch to see how we’re all doing.
How have you been Tim how have your appointments been? Hope you are keeping busy and warm in this cold weather that is only set to get worse next week
Amy x

1 Like

Hi Jess just take your time, no need to rush into the next job and be uncertain. I know you want out the current place though and I’m hoping something good comes your way soon
X

1 Like

Hey Amy nice to hear from you! I am going to have a really good think about it when I get chance, been really busy at the minute and I’m so overwhlemed :exploding_head:

I was drifting off to sleep last night and for a moment it felt like I was my mum seeing a memory. Was such a weird feeling, no idea what happened or what it meant. I am wondering if she was trying to connect with me.

What ever it was it made me feel uneasy so I said I don’t like this and everything was back to normal and I went to sleep.

Maybe I was half dreaming? Goodness knows x

3 Likes