Cancer

Yeah - single pharmaceutical company started opioid crisis in America - Purdue Pharma and got away with it

1 Like

I hope you all like this
Iā€™m free
Donā€™t grieve for me now Iā€™m free
Iā€™m following the path God laid for me
I took his hand when I heard him call
I turned my back and left it all
I could not stay another day
To laugh ,to love to work or play
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found my place at the close of the day
If my parting has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joys
A friendship shared,a laugh, a kiss
Ah yes these I too shall miss
Be not burdened with times of sorrows
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow
My life been full, I savoured much
Good friends,Good times a loved ones touch
Perhaps my life seemed all too brief
Donā€™t lengthen it now with undue grief
Lift up your heart and share with me
God wanted me now,He set me free

My husband has just got a letter from the GP saying they are extending the bowel cancer test they are sending through the post to start at the age of 54 years.

Iā€™m so sorry to read this and hope that you are leaning on the hospice care for support, no wrapping it up itā€™s scary and itā€™s the unknown but just like birth no deaths are the same. I lost both parents to cancer and both deaths was completely different. Dad was to the point of requiring a driver but Mum closed her eyes in her own bed and never opened them again. Iā€™m sure you are very traumatised by the deaths you witnessed . Your hospice are there for you as well as your husband and offer counselling services :heart:

1 Like

It says it is now 54 years ,before it was 60 years.still too late

1 Like

My wife died from Primary Peritoneal Cancer ten weeks after being diagnosed, she was 69. November 6th 2021 she was up on Mam Tor, the first to the summit, by the 21st she wasnā€™t feeling 100%. Diagnosed on the 28th and spent ten weeks in and out of hospital including her first round of chemotherapy on Christmas Eve. She passed away on the 8th of February 2022. PPC is always a stage 4 cancer. She was initially given 6 month to live but the treatment did not have the effect that they expected. Cancer is a horrible way to die but she stayed positive and calm throughout, even organising her own funeral.:heart:

1 Like

My beautiful son , because they could not find primary did not get the chance to get treatment, he died the day before radiation. But he was so brave, this cancer is so hard that is my we should try and push for more research. I took part in research at royal free For ovarian cancer for five years and I got put on the blood test, I just went once a year sometimes twice if they found something they were interested in.

1 Like

Bev had several scans on her womb in the previous two years as she had an intermittent pain in her side but nothing showed up. The cancer had started in her womb but was very small but spread to her peritoneum very rapidly. My daughter believes they missed something but if it wasnā€™t visible what are they supposed to do?

My son had spread to bone ,they could not find primary ,it then went into bone marrow. He had biopsy of the lesion on hip it showed secondary bone cancer, but the cells did not show where from, he had blood test ,scans ,pets scans nothing showed up ,they did find a very small ulcer just 20 mm about 3 Quarters of a inch in gastric. But it is very rare for it to spread to bone??no other primary showed up.

That is strange that they couldnā€™t find where your sonā€™s cancer started. I wonder how it disappeared. Life is so very unfair and cruel. My husband suddenly and unexpectedly died of a pulmonary embolism and undiagnosed kidney cancer which was in both kidneys and breach one of the kidneys. So sorry that you lost your son. Big hugs xx

They said sometimes it is in the pancreas and small ,the pancreas is behind the stomach so canā€™t be seen. Or the immune system had cured the primary cancer . Or it happens when cancer had been cured(in remission) and it comes back. Cancer is never really cured we all tend to have cancer cells in us it just when they go wild .

I do wonder if my husband fall 20 months previously triggered his cancer. A 3 meter fall which his elbow was smashed and 2 broken ribs. X

They do say falls do not do it. But Cambridge uni are doing research into metastasis
Where they said cells going from one organ to another is a normal process, which cancer cells have hijack.

My son died on 17th July 2023 , we had a memorial today with all his friends from Mencap .He was 47 , so many people loved him he had so many friends. We did side shows of his photos of him growing up. Mencap did a scrapbook of photos ,and pasted paper notes for his friends to write comments of what they feel about him. They loved looking at photos of him and them . Then we all sang songs of the music he liked.Best of all we raised money for the guts charity. R.I P my darling your courage ,kind Heart ,touched and helped so many people.

5 Likes