Changed world and life

8 weeks ago today, my world and life changed.

We went out for a few hours on what we thought was an ordinary Sunday.

I came home on a devastating Sunday.

15 Likes

Im so sorry for you. How awful for you. At least i knew it was coming, I don’t know if its any easier. It didnt feel easy but at least I got to say goodbye.
Take care
Big hugs

2 Likes

It’s awful,I have been in a very similar situation and it’s hard to believe,I just felt numb for months,it’s almost 12 months now and I still find it hard to believe.Take care of yourself try to eat and sleep when you can.

1 Like

He was not ill and did not have any symptoms.

It was instant, so he didn’t know anything about it.

However, for those of us left behind it’s devastating.

Thank you for replying x

4 Likes

Yes, it is awful.

So lonely without him.

I thought we had more years together but I think that applies to so many of us.

He was such a lovely, kind man. The love of my life.

Thank you for replying x

6 Likes

So sorry for your loss. Unexpected must be such a shock on top of grief. I was at least prepared as you can be. One day at a time x

2 Likes

Yes it was a great shock.

Neither of us realised anything was wrong, no symptoms.

Sundays are very difficult now.

Thank you for responding x

2 Likes

There aren’t the words - but please keep posting as we’re all with you x

1 Like

Thank you so much x

I think I am still in shock.
My mind seems to be trying to protect me by sometimes making me feel it is not permanent and that there is a chance he will be back.
Of course, when reality comes back, it hits me so hard…

4 Likes

I agree with what you said as my mind does exactly the same.

1 Like

It helps knowing someone else is experiencing the same thing xx

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. Nearly 12 months ago we both went to work and my soulmate never came home :broken_heart: he had a heart attack at lunchtime outside his work place :broken_heart:
My heart goes out to you and your kids.
Sending big hugs x

3 Likes

Yes, a year plus on and I’m still waiting for her to come back . . … . .

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this. I can identify….i was casually talking to my best friend/wife of 20 years on phone video at 2 pm on August 25th, 2024 and by 9 pm I was being called to be told she died in her sleep at her Mother’s home. Her death was sudden and totally unexpected. She was vibrant, very active and full of life up until she took the nap and had a heart attack in her sleep. The medical examiner said she had an undetected heart condition. My wife was a very lively and energetic loving person. She never met a stranger. Her absence in my life is “devastating” to me. Sometimes I don’t want to keep living without her. I miss her so very much. I feel so alone without her at home. We didn’t have children together. She was the most precious person on this earth in my life. I started going to Grief group a couple of weeks ago. The groups help me. I still cry everyday for her after 8 months of her passing though. By the grace of GOD I’m dealing and healing the best I can. GOD bless you all for your endurance and courage. The journey continues……

7 Likes

So sorry for your loss, it is devastating isn’t it?
I lost my husband 10 weeks ago tomorrow, he was at work as always, he had a catastrophic cerebral aneurysm. He went to work a fit man, there were no symptoms. He never came home.
We had to turn off the life support after two days praying he would come back to us.
I totally feel your pain. I feel destroyed.
Wishing you a peaceful day.
Gail

3 Likes

So very sorry.

My husband died 9 weeks ago.

Medics decided there was no more they could do after trying for so long to revive him.

I watched them do absolutely everything they could to bring him back.

I can still hear them calling time, declaring time of death and the continuous beep of the monitor.

It is unbelievable and devastating isn’t it.

I feel we understand each other’s experience then and since.

Let’s keep on going, hour by hour, day by day.

Thinking of you, sending you a big hug xx

2 Likes

I got a call saying my wife had had a cardiac arrest and to come back to the hospital ( had only left 40mins before as visiting was over ) , me and the kids got there as quick as we could , they said she had passed away for 20 mins then her heart had started again itself and she began to breath for herself as we got there .
They said even if she did survive she would basically be brain dead , we all got to say how much we loved her and goodbye then she just passed away peacefully , I could see in her eyes she knew we were there and had just come back to see us and for us to say goodbye .

6 Likes

So very sorry.

Sending hugs xx

2 Likes

There are so many aspects of our life together that have gone.
Our routines, our roles inside and outside the home.
Our shared jokes, our joint likes and dislikes

A new thought occurred to me. The person who really knew me better than anyone else is no longer physically here. No one will ever know and understand me like he did.

This has hit me very hard. To lose such a deep and strong connection is devastating.

7 Likes