Chat and support

Must go and shower,there is a rather nice medium rare steak with my name on it calling out to me,talk later.

3 Likes

Sounds good.
I’m having stew :yum:
X x

2 Likes

I’ve got a ham and cheese omelette.

1 Like

Lovely x x

Jacket potato and quiche for me xx

1 Like

Everything I have has to be possible to cook in 45mins as that is the amount of time my carer has. Frozen roast potatoes have to be defrosted as otherwise take too long.

1 Like

Ham salad, new potatoes and yet more chocolate cake here!

2 Likes

I will swap you some chocolate cake with some quiche xxx

1 Like

Bless you if we lived closer I would cook you something properly, i like cooking just not for one. Xxx

1 Like

I actually do ok. I have sausage and beans tomorrow, pie and beans Thursday, chicken breast and veg , lamb chops, pork chops, gammon steaks. If I want roast potatoes I just have to remember to take them out the freezer. Better than when I was cooking. I lived on ready meals.

1 Like

I have to say, I’m eating quite a lot of ready meals!

1 Like

I’m just glad to see that at least we are all eating.

Enjoy

X x

It is difficult cooking for one. Every supermarket delivery I am separating things into single portions for the freezer. Craving a roast beef dinner but just not in for one. Last proper roast I had was Christmas Day. My neighbour brought me in a plate. Goose, lamb, roast pots, pigs in blankets, lots of veg, Yorkshire pudding and pavlova for desert. As I can’t get out not as though I can go to a restaurant. If none of my neighbours offer this year it will be fillet steak.

3 Likes

Not exactly salad weather but always chocolate cake weather.

4 Likes

Same here, the neighbours gave me Christmas dinner. I’ve got round the roast-dinner craving (yes, buying a joint of meat for one person isn’t practical) by buying beef-in-gravy ready-meals and adding frozen roast potatoes and fresh veg. Not quite the same, but edible. I do try and cook for myself but mostly I stick to salads and soup all week, casserole over the weekend.

2 Likes

I invested in an air fryer now considering a slow cooker. Carer could put it on at lunch time.

3 Likes

I use the slow cooker at the weekends. I’ve thought about an air fryer, but I just don’t eat that many hot meals, and when I do, it usually involves toast!

2 Likes

If you do decide on an air fryer get one with 2 drawers that will finish at same time. Mine has been a godsend. Sausages and bacon come out lovely. Also put croissants in for 3 mins and they are delicious. I occasionally get a croissant with my weekly bread delivery. A local company will deliver odds and ends to your door. I get a sliced bakery loaf delivered every Wednesday. Split in half and put half in freezer so not eating stale bread at end of week. They don’t even charge delivery.

5 Likes

Thanks; good tips. Haven’t had a croissant for ages; might get some now!

2 Likes

Frozen ones pretty good but take 18 mins.

3 Likes