Chat and support

I am in bed and yes I have had wine tonight.

I am sitting here and I have the feeling that he is downstairs asleep in an armchair having had his scotch,

It feels so real.
It actually makes me feel calm as if I have gone back in time and he is still here.

So, rightly or wrongly, I will hopefully sleep thinking he is still here with me.

love and hugs xxx

4 Likes

I am new to this forum. I joined with hope that it would help with my grief. My Husband died 11 months ago and the grief is becoming intense again. He was my “soul mate” and “rock” for 34 years and I was his only love. I am hoping this site will help me get through this somehow. Seeing this post has made me realise that there is no time limit on grieving.

5 Likes

Hi I am selfishly grabbing hands thank god I know they are there .
Lots of love Doreen xx

4 Likes

I’m way too overweight for replacement surgery so never going to happen.

1 Like

Good morning Sandra

Glad I’m not the only one up.
I’m at my sisters and they like to go shopping at 7 on a Saturday. So everyone’s up at 5 :woozy_face:

Oh well at least I’ve washed my hair so I won’t need to do that when I get back.

X x

2 Likes

Hi @Missingu2
I’m sorry for your loss

You’ve done the right thing coming on this forum
We all understand how you feel. We are all going through it too.

You will always find someone here to listen and support you.
You are not alone

Sending love and hugs
Liz x x

2 Likes

Morning.
I am always up at 6 at the latest. My carers arrive at 7 to help me shower. Nice to know someone else is awake. Been awake since 5 and that is a good night. Haven’t had a decent nights sleep since June 2023.

2 Likes

What is open at 7?

1 Like

Sainsbury’s
At home we have a 24 hour Asda as well

X x

1 Like

Keep forgetting I live in remotest Somerset. I think ASDA in Yeovil 10 miles away may be open 24hrs.
I love all these adds about deliveroo and uber eats. No chance out here. Even Iceland don’t deliver. BHF wouldn’t pick up a furniture donation as it was “too difficult to get to”. You would think I lived in Outer Mongolia.

2 Likes

We’re very built up where I live.
No nice walks, no decent bus service.
Plenty of houses being built.
8000 up the road :pleading_face:

X x

1 Like

They are building a lot here. Keep building big executive houses what is needed is affordable smaller homes. No big industry around here except Leonardo. Many people have 2 or even 3 jobs. Don’t know who buys the big houses.
Still on the rare occasion I do manage to get out the countryside is lovely and sea not that far away. Just at the end of the road is a patch of woodland called Bincombe Beeches.

3 Likes

Good morning everyone. I have also been up since 5.30, but busy with Katie.
We went for our jabs, my son came to help. The pharmacist did not look anything like Elvis, he was more of a Charlie Drake, but he was very nice, kind and patient with Katie, which was far more important. Thanks to Jamie being there, Katie was fairly compliant, there was initial refusal to expose her arm, but with me holding her arms and Jamie distracting her we got there. The distraction technique was the promise of a Chinese takeaway.
I went first so that she could see that it wouldn’t hurt. (I was a very brave girl). He explained that the Covid one went in one arm and the flu in the other. Strangely, when it was Katie’s turn, he said that he could do both in the same arm. I said that would be ok if it was safe to do so, thinking that she would just have one potentially stiff arm.
I asked him why they couldn’t do a combined flu and Covid jab. He said there was no medical reason. They are made by two separate companies and it is financially beneficial to the companies to not combine. No doubt the pharmacies get paid twice as well.
I don’t know why I wasn’t given the option of one arm. Maybe the vaccine for older people is different.
I should have asked why but we just wanted to get away while Katie was still cooperative.
So, we got away with it this time. The next hurdle is in 2 days, she has to have a blood test! :flushed:

3 Likes

Morning Jane so how are your arms feeling, my arm always aches after the flue jab.
I am glad he had patience with Katie and nor try and rush her as some do.
Hugs Jo xxx

2 Likes

Both my arms ache. I also have a technicolour leg from Thursday night stumble and a lacerated hand from gardening yesterday.
I asked Katie if her arm is sore, she nodded. I asked where it hurts. She pointed to the wrong arm, so I don’t think she is suffering.
Xx

2 Likes

Morning Jane.
She didn’t use bad signs this time? Perhaps in future you need to scout the pharmacies to find one that has an Elvis lookalike.

1 Like

She was too busy signing “Dinner! Now!”
Hence the rapid exit.
When I booked the jabs I was given a list of pharmacies to choose from. As soon as I ticked the Wheelchair Access box it reduced to just one. The ‘ramp’ consisted of heap of cement that looked as if someone had emptied out a bucket and then stamped on it with one boot.
Never mind, we did it.
Xx

2 Likes

Disabled access really is appalling. One of our town councillors is in a wheelchair most of the time. He is trying his best to improve it round here. I know the ramp you mean. One of our local ones used the same installer.
Did you have Chinese?

2 Likes

Jevncute

I have had both hips replaced and a knee. I empathize for you. But having had my surgeries I am back to “normal” in that regard. But if you are not good in healing probably best to wait.

@Missingu2 welcome to this forum. There is no time limit on grief and everyone grieves differently. Next week it will be 6 months since my husband passed and I am more upset now than then. Planning a funeral, probate etc takes up time. It’s only now it’s really sinking in. But also with winter coming…his loss is greater. Alot of time was just the two of us so it’s very lonely. He made me laugh every day.

Thanks everyone for your posts. :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Hi,

so glad it went better than you expected.

Rose xx

2 Likes