Completely lost after losing my mum

I agree. No matter how much talking I do with my partner or daughter its just not the same. I want to talk, in person to people who have recently lost their mums

I did look for any support groups local to me but it seems they either don’t exist or are well hidden. That’s when I came across this online forum. I wouldn’t even know where to start in setting up a physical support group.

We probably all live in different parts of the country. I’m in kent.

I’m on the kent/sussex border.

This is actually weird now! I’m in tonbridge in Kent and work in Westerham which is heading towards the border. Maybe we should try and organise a little coffee.

No way. All 3 of us nearby.
Sounds great. I’m near maidstone. I’m on the train line into London Victoria but happy to drive somewhere

Tunbridge wells is about half an hour away from me.

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss. It must be so hard to watch a loved one slowly decline. Are you aware of the alzheimers uk forum?

My friends have arranged a night out for me tonight. I don’t want to go but they have arranged an intervention. My husband has shoe horned me into a dress. I’ve cried solidly for two hours and I have a headache. But I’m going. Wish me luck. My mum would be happy to see me go out. X

Good luck joules

You’re very brave. I’ve completely withdrawn from social situations even though I used to love get togethers.
You’re right, your mum would want you to go
Cheryl xx