Constant Pain

Yes @Karetired and @Jean8
We do beat ourselves up but as you rightly say, Karen, we should try to believe that we couldn’t have changed the outcome.
Love to you both. xxx

6 Likes

Jean, be reassured that it would have made no difference and you did all that you could. The reason they tell you to get the patient on the floor is so they are on a flat, hard surface. Even if you had reclined the sofa it would have been too soft. My heart goes out to you. My husband died suddenly, with no warning, on our bed and I had to drag him onto the floor even though it was clear it was too late. Don"t beat yourself up. Easy to say but take care and try to be kind to yourself.

5 Likes

@Sara5. Thank you so much for your reassuring words. I’m so sorry that you had to suffer the same trauma. The paramedics said I’d done everything I could and because I’d got him on the floor they could get to work straight away. Looking back, I think he’d gone by the time I got him on the floor. I think we just desperately look for someone or something to blame when it’s so sudden. It’s a horrendous feeling xx.

5 Likes

It really is an horrendous feeling. xxx

4 Likes

i have a’ what if '…my hub recently died…he struggled with his weight all his life…we both tried to put things right for him through the years…he was doing fantastic the final 2 years then he fell ill and died…our marriage was a perfect 40 years we were devoted to each other, but i blame myself for his death every day and that i failed him as a wife because i couldnt keep him thin . now im paying the price until i join him on day . i also worry what others think of me. ive lost all my confidence. i miss him terribly xx

4 Likes

@helenhelen
So hard to have this feeling. I know what you mean exactly though as I was the one buying the cakes and cheesecakes etc which my husband loved. I had no idea he had atherosclerosis happening but what if I hadn’t bought those things so often?

Sending you love xxx

3 Likes