CREATING A SHRINE FOR MY MAM

Thinking of you all today and sending lots of love. I need to catch up again…. But just wanted to let you all know.
Love Nic xxx

4 Likes

That could be what I saw there Beki :ok_hand: x just saw Neil’s answer so back to not knowing lol x

3 Likes

Evening all :slight_smile:
Hope today hasn’t been too hard on us all today. I had a pretty odd day at work in that I think the customers were all psychotic lol but my nieces treated myself, their mum and other auntie all to tea for a Mother’s Day treat which was lovely but I didn’t have a change of clothes so hair go in smelly work clothes lol x
Another dreaded day past and although been hard we have survived again :muscle: x
@NEILB72 look forward to hearing about your next outing…think I like hearing about them as much as you like going lol x ps I don’t know how anyone can eat chocolate orange lol x
Have a good start to the week and proud of us all getting through another event :sparkling_heart: xx

4 Likes

It was driving me mad so I did some research on the net and found the play I say at the Duke of York! It was All New People in 2012. It was very good. Zach Braff (Scrubs) wrote and starred in it with Eve Myles,

4 Likes

Bet it feels not so long ago too since you saw the play lol x
What you up to this week Neil? The weather is quite mild up here just now but we’ve just had a high winds warning :warning: so could mean anything lol x
Just finished day 3 out of 7 at work so looking forward to Sunday when I can get a long lie. My boss seems to have spread his man flu about as felt like crap last couple of days and last time I felt like this was when I had covid last year but it would appear to be a cold so can do one as don’t have time to be sneezing like one of Snow White’s dwarves lol x
Did you say you had another show this week or did I imagine that? x. You doing better this week and I know your birthday is in a couple of weeks so do you have anything planned for then? x
Watching anything exciting on tv or that? I’m watching SAS:Who Dares Wins USA and it’s so funny…don’t think it’s meant to be lol x
Anyway I’m away to get my tea as hungry so will see how you’re doing tomorrow with it being Wednesday x
Take care and much love :two_hearts: x

3 Likes

@Nick22 you doing ok this week as you seem a little quieter? I hope you are just super busy rather feeling down x hope you have been doing something nice for yourself x
@christine51 sending your blessings and love and hopefully you’ll feel up to posting sometime soon. Love to Porscha :green_heart: x
@ForestCat hope you are doing ok just now and send you loving thoughts x

3 Likes

Hi Beki
That was a few years before I started going to the theatre but have read about that play. So many of our grand , lovely venues look the same !
Off to ballet for next couple of shows
Hope you have a good evening
Sending love and best wishes
Neil x

3 Likes

Hi Suzanne
Time goes so fast so you will soon be able to have that lie in! You deserve it!
Quiet day today and considering its a Tuesday havent felt too bad.
I have indeed got a show booked for Sat. I’m seeing the English National Ballet’s Creature at Sadler’s Wells which was recently screened in cinemas. Loosely based on Frankenstein and a great role for the male dancers. Something different. Before that in the morning I booked the brand new art exhibition at the National Gallery- After Impressionism with paintings from galleries all over the world by the greeatest artists so should be a blockbuster. Will be great to get out at the weekend for the first time in ages rather than weekdays.
Got my Royal Ballet friends to see in April in Cinderella, the dance event of the year.
Not watching much on TV. Been going through the channels and sometimes end up on the hospital programmes which I shouldnt really.
Catch up again soon and enjoy your lie in later in the week!
Neil x

3 Likes

Hi Neil
Nice to read about your busy schedule at the shows etc and your photos are always of interest. I’ve seen Sheridan Smith in a few dramas so can see why you’d enjoy watching her theatre performances. You’ve got quite a varied taste in entertainment and you pack a lot into your itinerary. I used to go to a few in my younger years but don’t feel as much interest for them now although can understand it’s not only about the performance but the overall experience.
My Brother will sometimes have a film on, last one was Im sure was the “Equalizer” but a lot of them seem to go off on a tangent midway and I lose the plot! An hour of anything at all is about my attention span!
Feels a little warmer today so hope there’s something nice for you to do.
Love and best wishes xx

4 Likes

Hi Christine
Just dropping by to say hello and hope you are managing.
Was having a look around the garden the other day and all those shrub cuttings I got from the council day have taken and are budding which. I’m surprised about. The Medlar tree I won looks like it may be surviving, not quite so sure yet.
Was doing a bit of a tidy round the soil yesterday and saw I was being watched by a little mouse with black beady eyes so I did one and went inside! They move to fast for me!!
Zoe’s just pottering about. A bit shaky on back legs but that’s not going to improve so just hoping it doesn’t progress too quickly.
Hope Porsche is enjoying herself too in the sun as it’s quite mild today in the sheltered areas.
I’ll drop by again in the meantime take care.
Love and best wishes xx

3 Likes

Hi Nick
Hope you are well and managing ok. I should be getting a bit more of the garden straight now it’s a little warmer but am wary of a mouse I spotted a few days ago! Mind you, I think it’s probably more scared of me than the other way around
Have you much of a gardening space or garden. I can recall if you have previously mentioned.
Anyway, hope today is kind to you.
Love and best wishes xx

3 Likes

Hi Tina19, I feel better generally, but I lost my cat Fluffy on Sunday. She had kidney problems for some time and lost a lot of weight. She was very poorly on Sunday but she wanted to go outside. - I have not seen her since. I still call her several times a day but have no hope.

She was about 12.5 years old. - She appeared in my brother’s garden on the 7th of June 2011 and gave birth to 8 kittens two days later (one sadly died). We gave 4 of her kittens away and my brother kept 3, Tommy, Jack and Tammy. (Tommy died on the 5/12/2021 and Jack 1/08/2022.) I kept the mother, Fluffy. And now, I cannot even bury her. - I only have the little girl Tammy now, but she is sensing my mood and not eating well at the moment.

Do not worry about mice, they will not hurt you. Tammy is often catching mice. She brings the mice in to the house and puts them into my hand. (Stupid cat, I don’t want them. - We used to play fetch when she was young…) I then take them outside and set them free again. - No problem. But, I have to say, it felt odd the first time.

Nick

3 Likes

Hi Tina
Hope your day has gone as well as can be. I had one of my ( getting rarer) crappy ones where couldnt get Mum off my mind and what we would have been doing when everything was normal. Just had my friend phone though and that helped immensely. As we know, we can have several good days and then that wall of grief can hit us at any moment.
Neil x

3 Likes

Oh that sounds very intriguing that Creature so will be very interested to hear what you think.
And as I’ve said before many times I just live Monet and although he has so many great paintings (I would just love to visit Giverny and see his Japanese bridge) my particular favourites are the series he did on Haystacks throughout the seasons. The haystack in winter was in the National Museum in Edinburgh but not sure if it still there or not but I just sat there opposite it and looked at it for ages…exquisite :star_struck: x mum was a Van Gogh fan and she was in her element when we visited his museum in Amsterdam.
Can’t wait to hear what paintings you see x
One shift closer to having a day off lol x
How are you today? Has your friend called today? x
Was meant to have a meeting up at the Loch tomorrow night but as I have a cold which has covid like symptoms I’ve told them I won’t attend as although I may not have it someone else my not be so lucky and turns out there are quite a few others that won’t be there for same reason…just shows how quickly we all forget about things as have dropped my guard as regards hand washing, social distancing etc.
hope you are keeping well and today hasn’t been too bad. Will check in with other you soon so until then take care and much love :two_hearts: x

4 Likes

Must admit I like the tv series of The Equilizer as Queen Latiifah kicks ass lol x

1 Like

Oh Nick I am so sorry to hear of your loss and not to have total closure and mourn must be upsetting and frustrating x
She may have wandered off to save you the heartbreak of seeing her which in itself could be seen as being such a sweet, loving thought x
I hope you can get some closure on her passing and will send blessings to you both x

3 Likes

Hello sweetie my thoughts are with you my beautiful mum sadly passed away on the 10th march this year mum was diagnosed with lung Cancer back in October 2022 she was told that she only had months left I moved back home to look after her and I was there at the end my beautiful mum looked so peaceful when she passed Im just taking the thought that she is happy now I feel as though she’s happy my dad sadly passed away two year’s ago now I know that they’re together again that gives me so much comfort in knowing that my thoughts are with you x

3 Likes

So sorry to hear about your mum :disappointed: x it must all be so raw for you just now x I hope you have supportive family and friends to help you through this unbelievably hideous journey x. Please take some time for yourself as grief is exhausting and don’t look too far ahead as the feared future may look bleak and scary. Take one baby step at a time x

2 Likes

Hi Nick
I’m sorry to have heard about Fluffy. I have had a few cats so understand how it feels when they don’t come back after you’ve let them out and especially when they are unwell. Some information may come to light. I don’t know whether that would be helpful or distressing to you. Everyone feels things differently don’t they. Sending love to you because it will be such a difficult time.
Love and best wishes xx

4 Likes

Hi Neil
Sorry about the crappy days. As you say they are getting a bit rarer so that in itself is a little comfort but yes it’s also the unpredictable element of the emotions as well.
You must be looking forward to Saturday. Good on you. You could have your own newspaper review column, you must have seen such a lot of productions. It’s hard to think isn’t it that several years ago throughout Covid they were all deserted and temporarily redundant.
Long may your adventures continue!
Love and best wishes xx

5 Likes