CREATING A SHRINE FOR MY MAM

Hi Christine
Hope you are getting by and things are as ok as can be for you.
I’ve just been trying to pick up a load of stray diamond art painting bits off the carpet in my room. Anyone normal would just hoover them up but I want to keep them “just in case”. The thing is, I’m not entirely sure what the “just in case” might be! It’s something Ive learned from Mum! I’ve done 3 diamond arts since February so will be giving them a rest for a bit now!
I haven’t done anymore crafty things. I was watching on TikTok about this woman in USA that had made a glass door panel out of coloured glass pebbles that actually were made to spin in a wire frame. So effective. I’ll send a picture of the door if I remember where I’ve seen it!
Hope all is well with the neighbours from hell.
Love and best wishes

I found the screenshot of the marble door. If I can get a bit of motivation I may try something like this. It looks stunning in the other shots

3 Likes

Hi again Christine
This was the latest Diamond Art kit I finished yesterday!!

4 Likes

Hi all
Granddad has arrived for a long weekend. It is Mum’s 1st anniversary on Saturday. We don’t have anything specific planned, just spending time together, going out to eat and the garden centre.
@Nick22 I am so sorry to hear about Fluffy. Losing our fur family is very painful. Would you consider homing another cat in the future? I would like to have another but Pippin and Pixie have such a great relationship, and with their disabilities, I don’t want to upset the apple cart.
@Tina19 you are become a craft queen!!
At craft club we are wrapping up our Easter display for the teddy bears picnic. We have also started work on our Coronation display which is utterly bonkers :joy:
Big hugs @Kirsty79 I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you can have comfort from knowing your parents are reunited, as we will be with them one day.
@christine51 hope you are keeping well and crafting!
Beki xx

6 Likes

Hi all,
Hope everyone is okay. been a bit of a strange day, works has been extremely busy but still found time to have a minute’s silence at noon, for National Reflection Day. It’s very poignant for me as Doug’s funeral was on this day at noon two years ago. Just put candles and daffodils on my doorstep ready for the 8pm vigil.
Just survived having a tooth out at the dentist today. Never thought it though have not eaten since lunch time and now I need to wait three hours until the anesthetic wears off before I can eat or have a cup of tea.
@Nick22 sorry to hear about fluffy, it’s hard losing a beloved cat and not knowing what has happened to her.
I hope you have a good day out at the ballet on Saturday @NEILB72 . I’m going to see Blood Brothers with my daughter. Watching my granddaughter dancing in a local production of Shrek on Sunday.
You are both very crafty ladies @Beki and @Tina19 , can’t wait to see the coronation piece your craft club are doing Beki. I still haven’t started my diamond picture yet Tina.
Hope you will feel better get soon and get back up the loch @Suzanne30 .
Sending love as always @christine51 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Debbie xx

5 Likes

Hi Debbie
Have a great time at Blood Brothers , it is a tremendous musical and how wonderful to see your granddaughter too . Hope all goes well.
Had a down day yesterday but feel better today , always do towards the end of the week
Had a lovely salad earlier with mackerel in tomato sauce. Never used to eat a lot of canned fish before but love it now. If only Mum could see it!
Sending love and best wishes
Neil x

4 Likes

Hi everyone
Had a difficult week controlling emotions and mental health/anxiety but in a much better place now. Had a lovely day in London yesterday . Felt so much calm and peace and very relaxed( even though it was very busy).
First I attended the opening day of the National Gallery’s new After Impressionists exhibition with art from galleries around the world featuring Van Gogh, Cezanne, Rodin, Matisse, Picasso and many more. Will be going back !
Onto Sadlers Wells and a lovely afternoon watching English National Ballet’s Creature. Very dystopian and certainly influenced by Frankenstein and Woyzeck. The young guy in the lead role was one of the up and coming dancers and definitely someone to look out for as his career progresses -Rentano Nasaaki from Japan.
Included some pics
Sending love to you all and hope the photos brighten your day if you are feeling a bit low today :pray:
Neil x

6 Likes

6 Likes

Hi Neil :slight_smile:
Loving the paintings and would certainly love to see it myself .
I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a hard week but pleased to read yesterday seems to have had a positive impact on you.
I’m not a massive ballet fan but you certainly have made creature sound intriguing x
I was passing Perth Theatre last week and apparently the show of choice there is Educating Rita lol x don’t remember who the lady was as had only heard of the male was is Gray O’Brien….he was always quite a big actor in Scotland but think he was in Casualty or Holly City or some such rubbish lol x
I’ve had to postpone my trip down south that I was meant to be taking this week until May but positive thing is I still have it to look forward to :ok_hand: x
What do you have planned for the next couple of days/week? I’m just looking forward to a few days off after that horrible long week last week.
I keep hearing the weather is meant to be quite good this week in the same breath as I hear it will snow and be minus 10…:joy: x will take it as it comes lol x
What you up to this evening? Is there football in at all for you?
I keep forgetting the clock has gone forward and really missing my hour lol x
Have a good night and thank you for posting the lovely pictures x
Take care and much love :two_hearts: x

4 Likes

Hi all

It was mums first anniversary yesterday. Granddad is here. I slept most of yesterday. I can’t say I felt better or worse it was just another day. But it was tiring messages from people I have heard from all year, it felt like they expected something of me. To be honest I felt a bit peed off. Yes I put a photo on Facebook and people who haven’t seen hide nor hair of all the last year putting up platitudes and emojis
Today feels more horrible. Anticlimax isn’t the right word but that sense of it being ongoing or just starting another countdown again. I always come back to our old mantra - at times like this one day or one moment at a time
@NEILB72 sorry to hear you’ve had some tough days but pleased to see the ballet and gallery trips have helped. The gallery looks super. Cezanne is one of the artists ai can spot his paintings easily.

Hope everyone is doing okay and to see back online soon @christine51 I will soon have plant questions!

Beki xx

5 Likes

Hi Beki
I can understand completely what you mean about being peed off with people . Apart from one or two most of my friends( less said about family the better) havent a clue what grief is like. One day they will though.
You managed to get through a very hard first anniversary in whatever way you could and that is all we can do- just get through the tough days the best we can. If others dont agree with how you deal with things then sod them! I have little tolerance for a lot of people I know now and I’m sure Mum would support me if she knew.
Great to get out doing things I love yesterday. The art was amazing as expected and a great dance performance too. Put my mind in a good place this weekend unlike in the week. Hope it will last .
Neil x

5 Likes

Hi Suzanne
Glad you are able to enjoy time off but sorry you have had to postpone your trip.
Gray O’Brien , I think, was in Corrie and burnt the factory down . Sure that was him!
Seeing beautiful art and performance really helps me as you know and I felt really calm and relaxed despite the crowds in the gallery. I call it my happy place where I can switch off and have some me time.
Not got anything planned for next week as it stands. Will be booking for Guys and Dolls which is the hottest show in London at the moment and looking at ticket availability tomorrow.
Hope we hear from Christine at some point this coming week . I’m sure she is reading our posts.
Have a good break from work
Neil x

4 Likes

Hi all hope everyone is doing the best they can be.
Had a busy weekend, saw Blood Brothers on Saturday, it was the best production I’ve seen, superb. Still cry at the end once they start singing “Tell me it’s not true”.

Then saw my granddaughter in her drama clubs production of Shrek. She was dancing and singing. At one point she had the giggles. I asked her why, she said the technical team missed a song out then repeated one. True professionals they all just carried on. It’s lovely it was recorded as they are affiliated with an exam board, so the whole cast will get graded and a certificate.
Had a bit of a melt down today, sitting in the garden with a cup of tea and noticed, the soil around our garden pond had subsided, washed away with all the heavy rain over the winter. It’s built up pond in a frame box. It’s getting hard work to look after and put it to my family about taking it out . They said that their dad would understand, but I then got upset I would be letting Doug down. It was his pride and joy, don’t know what to do now.
If I do it, I put in a solar powered water feature so still have running water in the garden. I wish he was still here to talk about it.
I break up from school on Friday for Easter break, thank goodness I feel I need the break away from work as it’s been very full on and stressful the last couple of weeks.
Sorry I’ve been so negative, I’m sure we all feel like that at times.
Love Debbie xx

5 Likes

Hi Debbie
So glad you loved Blood Brothers. It’s so good isn’t it? I think Tell Me Its Not True makes everyone in the theatre well up.
And you saw your granddaughter too , you must be really proud.
I’m going to see the hottest show in London tomorrow evening- Guys and Dolls at the Bridge Theatre which has 5 star reviews across the board. Was going later next month but a cheaper ticket popped up yesterday( on World Theatre Day!) so I snapped it up and going to the show a few weeks early. Then its a magical Cinderella from the Royal Ballet the middle of next month so an exciting few weeks ahead .
Please do not apologise for feeling a bit down and upset as we all are up and down and that is why we support each other. Anything can start it off as the grief is always lurking there somewhere.
Neil x

4 Likes

Hi Neil
You know your stuff about Gray O Brien! Wasn’t he also involved with Carla then ended up killing of Maria Connors Husband Liam before getting together with her too at some point. May not have got my facts in the right order but either way he was a much better “villain” than Canadian Stephen!! And from a ladies point of view much better looking !!
Keep well Neil xx

5 Likes

Hi Tina
My Mum was the biggest Corrie fan and could remember all the characters . She even had the Corrie theme at her funeral which she would have loved. Yes he was involved with Carla and had Liam run over if over if I remember rightly.
Stephen is an awful character. No doubt he will get his just desserts soon!. Great episode yesterday evening and the best for ages with the wedding and what happened . Dont know if you saw it so wont spoil it for you .
Hope you have a good day as well as can be
Neil x

3 Likes

Hiya :slight_smile:
I vaguely remember him in Corrie and had completely forgotten that.
Yes Monday’s episode was good and had to watch it today before I read any spoilers but always wonder why the psychos have to be Scottish lol x as a nation only 50% are :joy::joy: x
I was wondering about National Theatre Day and great to hear you managed to snag a cheap ticket for a show you’ve been wanting to see :+1: x did it live up to the expectations? It’s not one I’ve ever fancied tbh x
How’s the job hunting going? x are UC being decent to you? x
I was saying to my friend that Glastonbury and the Tor are going to be featured on Johnathan Ross’ programme on Monday so will fill a gap until I get down in May. I have the cat booked in for his jags which will cost £80! No wonder so many pets are now not vaccinated if that’s the cost but I need them or he can’t go into the cattery so need to suck it up lol x
Anyway look forward to hearing about the show and will check in soon,
Take care and much love :two_hearts: x

3 Likes

Debbie you are the least negative person I have ever ‘met’ :sparkling_heart: xx

2 Likes

@christine51 hey you :slight_smile:
Like Beki says I will have plant questions too so hope you can help us both x
Also I start my first Osprey Watch on Friday so will let you know how that goes and was up checking out my badger sett yesterday and again I can see signs of tracks, poo, potential scratch marks but no hair or actual setts but today was too wet to go out again so will do it next week when hopefully drier x
I was proud of myself in that I only fell in the mud twice cause I stood on a root I hadn’t seen and it rolled and I went down like a sack of tatties :joy: x
Hope you are knowing how much you are missed :green_heart: x

3 Likes

Hi Suzanne
I’m actually seeing Guys and Dolls this evening so really looking forward to it. Especially on what is one of my ‘not great days’. My friend said he’ll phone me Thursday this week as I’ll just be getting ready to go out today. Will post tomorrow and I’m sure I will love the show .
Have a good day
Neil x

4 Likes

Hi everyone
Saw Guys and Dolls yesterday evening. Tremendous immersive show at the Bridge Theatre.
Just posting some pics.
Hope everyone is as OK as can be
Neil x

3 Likes