Do friends and family talk to you about your grief?

Hi Lune Yes my son Steve but he lives near Southampton Hampshire. No one in Penny’s :heart: family that we know off has passed away with Cancer. My Penny :heart: was the first.
Youngest to pass away at the age of 67 xxx

It’s hard when you have no one. Cant your son come to visit you or could you go there for a weekend? Have you been to the doctors? I know you are going to counselling, but maybe you need a pick me up? I take over the counter sleeping tablets as I find the nights hard. Some herbal remedies do work as pick me eps. Love and hugs xx

1 Like

OMG I’m so sorry Freddie , live is so terribly cruel it really is. I’m actually speechless! How can life deal so many cruel blows to one family. :cry::broken_heart:

Karen. / Freddie. Life is cruel. You sometimes wonder how much more you can actually handle. My husbands mum died 6 months before he did . She was80 years old and a lovely women. I think it contributed to Gary going down hill. He was her youngest and loved her to bits. Xx

Sometimes life is like an endurance test it really is. I think we are all stronger than we think :muscle::muscle: we’re all still here after such sadness. Xxx keep strong your amazing, you really are!

1 Like

Karen / Lune. Thank you so much for your kind words it is very hard at moment because life up to September 2018 was going great Penny :heart: and myself where going to my Steve to see our Grandson Freddie (my username) my name is Graham then all this comes along can’t understand how this is happening. Lost my Parents in 1993/94 Mum Passed away 4 months after my Dad just want to be with my Penny :heart:. She was my life my world just don’t want to be here anymore . When I was having Radiotherapy Treatment as you finished you ring a bell. Penny took the Video in July . Behind me are 2 doors little did I know 3 months later my wife would be disappearing though those doors and never coming home again. So sorry I am in bits going over want has happened in the last 18 months. Thank you Both xxx

Awww Freddie your such a strong man going through all this pain and suffering, I really think your amazing getting this far, please keep going , keep talking about Penny she’s sounds an amazing lady, your we’re very lucky to have that love as I was for 33 years with my Steve.:heart: We were truly blessed .to have such great Love in our lives. :heart::heart_eyes: keep strong you really are an amazing person! Xxx

My Profile picture is my DARLING BEAUTIFUL PENNY :heart: on our wedding day on 5th June 1971 just want them days back again but I can’t xxx

I know Freddie, she was a truly beautiful lady you were very lucky to have such Great Love​:heart::heart_eyes: treasure them memories till you meet her again :heart_eyes::heart::muscle::muscle: keep strong, she loved you and would want you to be ok​:+1:t2:

Freddie you are a lovely couple! We all want those days back, but we know we cant. Sadly we cant turn the clock back as much as we so deeply wish we could. Think of those good times you had, the things you did. If you can face it go back to the places you visited. I promised Gary we were going back to Ilfracombe and Scotland this year as I have family in both places. We went on holiday and he loved both of them. I going to learn to drive and I’m taking his ashes there to scatter them. Do things you were going to both do. Penny will be with you in spirit. Xx

Lune, that’s so nice, I’m going to scatter Steve’s ashes at a place we loved when I’m ready. I have family in Devon and they also have a place in Newquay I’ll be visiting this summer. Steve loved going there. My sons 31 and struggling so much just lately, he’s on the edge I have to be ok for him , my older daughter is amazing the Rock for us all. Freddie yes revisit places you went with your lovely Penny , I have been places with my kids that I went with Steve and yes I cried too, I’ll love my husband till my heart stops beating, but our time isn’t here yet so for Penny please keep going, join bereavement groups, talk on here, go a walk if able too. Your Love story is amazing, so was mine too! Best 33 years of my life​:heart::broken_heart::cry:

Karen. I need to pass my test first, but I’m determined to do it. We will visit those places again. Me in body and Gary in spirit. I’ve started decorating our home as I promised him.( He hated decorating!) . I know I have a long way to go and sometimes I wonder if I’m ever going to get there. But Gary wouldnt want me to give up and as I have 5 grandchildren to bring up as well as other grandchildren and our own grown up children, in a strange way I still have alot to live for. It will be just without him by my side. Xxx

Hi Lune. Penny :heart: loved Scotland her Grandad owned a public house in Dundee unfortunately never knew him. Been to Scotland lots with Penny :heart: over the years. Funny enough the only time we were apart was in 1983 when I was working at Faslane Submarine base. We have also been on holiday to Ilfracombe. Penny :heart: always liked holidays in this country we have been to Florida a couple times and to Europe a few times but Penny :heart: liked holidays nearer home best mainly Lincolnshire were we have family and friends xxx

Hi Freddie. See you can visit those places once your feel up to it. Your beloved Penny would love you to go back. You are a lovely man and strong, you’ve got this far and I admire you as I’m only at the begining of this rollercoaster ride of emotions and the weeks , months ahead of feeling the way I am feeling is daunting me. The last 6 weeks have been total hell . Have felt so long, it seems like months. Xxx

Goodnight you lovely people, speak tomorrow, sweet dreams of your loved ones. I was up very early as my daughter was in hospital, she’s staying with me tonight so I’ve some company. Sending much love to you both Freddie and Lune. Keep strong, hope tomorrow is a better day. Xxxx

Hi Lune we where going to watch our Local team Gillingham play Lincoln city this weekend end as Penny’s :heart: youngest brother lives in Lincoln and I have 2 friends that live in Lincoln but as my Nephew has been diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer we are not going as my brother in law my be coming down
instead of us going there. As I said he has prostate cancer as well but on watching. xxx

Good night karen my sweet. Glad you have company and hope your daughter is ok. Speak to you tomorrow. Sleep well. Love and hugs xxx

1 Like

Hi Freddie. At least you will have some company. I have a quiet few days as been busy this week with the grandchildren. Will speak to you tomorrow. Try to have a good night sleep. Love and hugs xxx

She’s ok had a general anaesthetic as had a breast lump removed, it’s fine she’s ok👍🏻 Sleep well everyone. Xxxxxx

Sleep well. Xxxx