Do you get me

Thank you for sharing your story Andrew, it was very moving. I feel really guilty about not being with my husband right at the end - he passed 2 hours after I’d left him. That last 2 days he was unconscious and I really hope he could hear me talking to him and knew I was holding his hand but I didn’t see any signs from him just opening his eyes slightly a couple of times.
I’m not coping like I thought I would I don’t suppose anyone knows how they’ll be until it happens to them.
Take care

3 Likes

@Setch I get the guilt, I’m struggling with guilt despite doing everything for my girl, being beside her, everything throughout her illness. Was it your wife or mum that passed while you were playing golf?

This made me chuckle, kettle Gate, is ones.of my favourite past times to…

1 Like

@Elvispresley69 Yep, basics are pretty difficult - I’m trying now to do one thing at a time, but still keep busy multitasking every day and doing nothing. But… today I’m going to contact the banks… hopefully…

@DennisS Hopefully you will get of these ‘must do’s’ sorted without too much hassle, I unfortunately had major problems with my hubbies bank that caused a lot of grief which you can certainly do without at these early stages, most other things went ok but you do tend to forget some things, I’ve actually still got a couple of things to sort 3 month in, like driving license and passport but they will get done in time, best advice I can give you is to make a list of everything like that that needs to be done, then put them in order of importance…hope it goes well for you.

1 Like

@Freedomlass thanks for that - I did the Govt “tell us once” and then no more on that side, not my problem if they don’t do it. I’m grinding my way through the banks, but it looks like with Sharon’s savings probate is required, so leaving my solicitor with that. Yes, it’s a pain to do all this, but I guess it’s a distraction and stops my brain thinking…

2 Likes