Dreams or visitations

Hi has had anyone else here experienced visitations or realistic dreams about a lost loved one? I’ve had a few now but don’t know what they mean or if I’m meant to do anything with them?

2 Likes

Hello @Helen24 ,

I’m so sorry for the loss of Stephen. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

[Signs that your loved one is near]

Hi @Helen24 - no idea if this link will work, sometimes my tech-brain deserts me but this was a conversation from a few weeks ago on a similar subject. Did you see it? Not sure whether it’ll help, but maybe have a read, if you didn’t see it previously.

@Helen24
Hi Helen I did post a previous post on this
A few weeks after my partner died I was awoken by what felt like hair stroking…and I had a strong sense of happiness… I also had a dream/ visitation of him telling me he was okay but had a beard very strange as he only ever had one in his life… but was upset he couldn’t grow a full beard…
It did make me feel comforted i haven’t had anymore since it’s 8 months now since he passed ;(

2 Likes

Hi @Ilovehorses i feel him stroke my hair in bed and whilst I’m on the sofa watching tv. I’ve had a few visitations and see him in my dreams too. I had a weird experience this week and honestly thought it was him coming to get me was such a strange experience and I was semi awake as I could hear the outside noise. Since he passed 6 months ago I often feel him touch my feet, he’d do that to wind me up when he was here as I hated it but now I love it.x

3 Likes

@Helen24
Oh wow that’s lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The last thing that happened was I was watching a program on tv a ghost hunt thing and the picture fell off the wall behind me… omg it did make me jump I looked behind me and it was the picture of him and me all the other four of scenery stayed put! That did make me think he is telling me he is hear…

2 Likes

Hi,
I’ve had a few moments like this too. My mom passed April 3 years ago, about 2 nights after she passed, I dreamt she came & told me, when she passed, there was a little man called Colin, he said he was there to talk to her about her life, & why she did the things she did, I found this dream very comforting. I have had a number of dreams about mom on & off over the last 3 years. Also, about 2-3 weeks after mom passed, my brother-in-law woke during the night, & says he saw mom at the foot of the bed, it gave him the shock of his life, I think that was my mom’s way of saying she would be keeping an eye on him.
Also, my mom used to collect ducks, ornaments, toys, cups with them on, ducky doorstop, bags,… Just everything ducks, over the last 2 months I have kept finding “ducky” things, & feel a sense she is with me, & trying to tell me it’s ok, there was an incident last year with a Jemima puddle duck 50p, this year a daisy duck suitcase in a charity store window, just a weeks ago I had another dream, this one had a dancing duck in black & white on a projector screen, it feels weird, but I feel I’m glad she’s with me in spirit.
In the past there have also been things with pets, the dog we used to have used to rub his nose along the side of the bed, after he passed, there was an incident where my mom swore she felt him doing that one night as she was sat in bed reading, I also had an incident where I felt like someone was sat on the end of my bed, but when I looked, there was no-one there. About 2 years ago, I had started dating my now boyfriend, in Nov that year, we’d gone to the cinema, as we were watching the trailers at the beginning, I felt a sense of someone sat in the row behind us, I looked, there was no-one there, I decided not to say anything to my boyfriend, but after the movie when we were walking back to his house, he said to me that he could sense my mom was sat behind us, :hushed: it surprised me that he’d felt the presence too.

3 Likes

@Pandaprincess
It really does make you think dosent it that there is something after we pass… It dosent replace them physically though which is hard to come to terms with but it does give me hope I will meet him again one day…
My mum had an awful cancer and towards the end I said to her it’s okay mum you can go dad is waiting for you along with your mum a tear rolled down her eye as I sang her wedding song and she passed away…

3 Likes

I had a rather strange experience last evening, havent told anyone because im sure theyll think im going mad. My late parter and i loved liquorice allsorts. But im not keen on the pink and blue round bobbly aniseed ones. I used to leave them for my partner. Our daughter bought me a pack and i left the bobbly ones in the pack on the table. Theyve been sat there for a few days. Last night the packet just up and moved. Not miles, but significantly enough to not just be a draft. I wasnt freaked, but felt comforted.

2 Likes

Dreaming of him has really increased in the last few days and I’m five months into this journey. I really thought he was there, until he wasn’t. I think our dreaming mind helps us process loss when we are ready. Lots of tears, but that is okay.

2 Likes

@Dimples81
I love those sweets… I don’t think your going mad at all… I said to my partner ages ago when I die I’m going to see if I can move a picture on the wall at an angle I discussed it with my son he also believes there may be something after we pass like another dimension… my partner didn’t believe in any of that he said once your gone there’s nothing… which I always thought was rather sad… but I’m certain the picture in the bedroom keeps slanting and every now and again I have to straighten it :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

My husband didn’t believe in anything like this either but my music keeps getting turned off and lights flicker. Also sometimes I get this feeling like someone is in the room.x

2 Likes

Im hoping ive had signs. The beach was out place.

1. I drove to the beach and as i parked up my music muted. I had to physically unmute it when i left the beach.
  2. I sat breaking my heart with a friend on the beach. It was freezing (North Wales in March) we got back in the car and “our song” was immediately on the radio.
  3. Sat on the beach alone. I put our songs on and couldnt control the tears. I was begging him to give me a sign that he was still around me. I felt i couldnt leave the beach until our songs had finished. I looked up and saw the heart in the sky. As i drove from the beach the song “i will fix you” came on the radio.
  4. Sat in work talking to my friend telling her about strange thing that had happened. A tin falling, a light coming on, music volume changing etc. I said i just want a nice definate sugn, like a smell or a visit / presence. My friend asked me for some money to get lunch, i pulled my purse out of my bag and the smell was intense. My friend said its your car airfreshener. My soulmate gave it to me weeks before he passed.
    I believe hes around me just wish so much i could see, hear and touch him.
7 Likes