Early stages

It really is a roller coaster, thought I was doing ok, 7 weeks since i lost him and my life totally changed, ive been getting on with it, quietly grieving. Then today it has hit me all over again, sitting here about to watch footy, ive not watched football alone in 27 years :frowning: so very lonely missing him so much. Sending love and thoughts to you all x

4 Likes

I just want to send love and big hugs to everybody.

We all need hugs

X x

3 Likes

Love and hugs is what we all need xxxx

3 Likes

Iā€™m feeling so overwhelmed I canā€™t stop crying ,today the sun is shining and we should have been going away today instead my heart is broken because Iā€™ve lost my beautiful husband and best friend. The pain is too much

3 Likes

6 weeks today I lost my partner completely unexpectedly.
6 weeks ago about now I left our home for an hour. I came back and heā€™d gone, and life will never the same again.
Iā€™m sorry all of us have to go through this, Iā€™ve never felt such crippling despair and anxiety like it.
We have a little girl (who has since turned 2) so I get through each day for her. But I feel thatā€™s all Iā€™m doing. Itā€™s not living.
Thoughts are with everyone going through similar, itā€™s the worst club in the world x

3 Likes

Hi what now so sorry for your loss itā€™s just the worst feeling in the world, how old was your husband? Di you have people to support you ? Itā€™s 4 weeks tomorrow I lost my husband and the pain is just too much,

1 Like

Cookie mine was 4 weeks yesterday your right the pain is torture. My husband was 75bhe was 16 yrs older than me. I always told him i had to go first as he could cope so much better than me. Life is hell at the moment all i do is cry. Xxx

2 Likes

The holiday day is awful, I really feel for you. We had been due to go away last Tuesday, instead it was his funeral. So many of my thoughts this past week have been ā€œwhat would we have been doing now if weā€™d been on holidayā€. Itā€™s hard going. Hope youā€™re ok

1 Like

He was 54, Iā€™m 41.
Iā€™ve got so many people around which Iā€™m so thankful for, but I just feel empty in every situation.
And people have said it doesnā€™t get any easier, so is this it now?

1 Like

It does get easier, I promise. It isnā€™t a smooth incline, there are lots of ups and downs. Sometimes it feels like one step forward, and two back. But eventually, when you look back you can see that the waves of grief are a tiny bit smaller, and they are very slightly further apart.
Itā€™s not the same for everyone because circumstances and personalities are so different. There isnā€™t a rule book or a manual for grief, unfortunately.
All you can do is take one hour or day at a time and hang on in there.
Keep posting and reading and you can see how others are getting on.
I always seem to find myself here during my sadder times, when I feel a bit better I donā€™t post as often. So, in my case, it isnā€™t a true reflection of how I am. If that makes any sense. It might not because I have got Widow Brain Fog.
Hugs xx

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly how how feel , Chris was 56 and I just think what now ! Is this it ā€¦ just trying to get through each day x

Hi @Cookie1973

Itā€™s not that it doesnā€™t get easier, but you will gradually realise you are coping. I think the pain will always be there but we will manage it a lot better.
There will be days when you wonā€™t feel youā€™re coping, and there will be days when you are fine.
Itā€™s a long journey weā€™re on but things do improve.
You are still very early days. Hang on in there.
We are all here for you

Big hugs x

So sorry for you loss. Just take it day by day. Thats all im doing right now
My son was 28 and died on 7th june x

1 Like

So sorry Karen thatā€™s so terrible for you my heart goes out to you

I lost my husband 20 months ago and still cry nearly every day. There is no set way to get through this awful time. You are not alone.

1 Like

Itā€™s the same with me after 18 months when I lost my husband.

1 Like

It is so good to know other people are feeling the same.

1 Like

Mine is only nearly 5 weeks. How i miss him is unbearable. I just want to go to sleep and wake up when the nightmare stops. But even sleep eludes me. Xxx

2 Likes

You will be fine @jevncute

Weā€™re all here for you.
A few weeks ago you didnā€™t think you get this far.

Love and hugs

Liz x x

I know Liz but everyday seems harder than the day before. I have never felt this bad before. Xxx

2 Likes