Emptiness

I also hate the thought of losing her and mine wedding ring. And I hate the word widower. She will always be my beautiful wife and nothing can change that.

2 Likes

Hi,I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my little girl in a road accident when she was just 12. The pain is like someone ripping my skin off every day, I’d do anything to have her back. You just kinda keep going,sometimes you just have to live with something, nothing else can be done. However thanks to this site,no your not alone,I can promise you that.

3 Likes

I’m still married too :blue_heart: Never select widow. It is on the death certificate and my hospital records as I had to give details of my next of kin. I do say I’ve lost my husband but that took a long time :cry:

I say she was stolen. Allisons was only aged 53 and the GP robbed me.

Morning Jen
I was so sorry to hear the loss of your Graham. I lost my Mick over a year ago. I know its hard especially the first year or so and is always hard. You must take each day as it comes. Try and get out as much as you can. See friends and family as much as you can. I find it very hard at home on my own I have no family just friends. I find the hardest is eating on my own. This site is fantastic! It really helped me when I lost Mick. In fact I have made a couple of good friends just by messaging on this site. You are never alone with this site. I found whenever I felt lonely, which was a lot I would get on this site as them you read others sadness and you feel you are not alone/ You can message me anytime. Do take care and if you feel low get in touch ah Lv Sue

My wedding ring will stay on my finger forever along with the beautiful ring I had made with David’s ashes in.It says inside Forever in my heart.Our wedding anniversary tomorrow. :pensive::pray:

1 Like

I’m so sorry that message was meant for Sandra. x

1 Like

Bless you Sue. It’s a month since I lost Graham. It’s a real roller coaster ride but luckily I have 2 lovely sons and daughters in law who has shouldered all the admin. I’ve started talking to friends but like you the evenings are the worst times. Eating alone with no one to talk to. The people on here are so kind and supportive and we’re all in the same boat so no one needs to explain anything. It’s so comforting. Jen xx

Hi Jen
I lost my husband Peter on 1st June all you can do is take each minute/ hour / day at a time. Don’t be afraid to cry. Friends and family are a great help. Take care of yourself and if you need someone to listen I and many other on here are will be hear to listen xxx

Thanks so much Jen. I think that’s what we have to do. One step at a time. I can’t look into the future. There lies madness. It’s good to know that someone is sharing my grief for an almost identical time and can empathise. It’s tough but it will get better. Feel free to message me too if you need a friend. Jen xx

Hi I got 2 cats and my daughter when she come from uni shes brought another one ,my husband didn’t talk 4 months before he left my cats been such a great help dealing with the raw pain ,so I think u should get an animal ,foster first if u arent sure ,at leat will b a reason and help t take care of someone,hopefully u like animals ,x

It’s been four months since the love of my life last shared this physical realm with me. She was the spark in my life. Now it feels like the pilot light is out. Her absence is everywhere. The world has become a surreal and strange place. Heart attack at 63. Her passing was sudden and unexpected. No chance to prepare a defense for the blow. Lost in sadness. Don’t have a clue what to do besides go through the motions. Can’t fathom doing this day after day into the future. So painful living without her.

Biago,
Grief is the worse pain ever, especially when the loss is so sudden, I am sorry.
MaryL

1 Like

Thank you Mary. Thank you for your kindness. It is truly like no other pain I’ve ever felt. Where sadness meets frustration meets a sickening feeling in the pit of the stomach. 24/7. I send out a prayer for your comfort in your grief in return Mary. Thank you again.

I shall send out a prayer for you, Biago, in my opinion the Power of Prayer is the greatest power of all.
Please will you continue to post?
Blessings,
Mary

Yes Mary. Prayer has power. I live in a community dedicated to healing by prayer, and I have seen many wonders happen. We should all pray for one another, and if we don’t believe in prayer kind thoughts will do just as well. Blessings to you too. John.

2 Likes