The place you want run to and hide away from the world in
The place you want to run away from

21 Likes

That is so true

3 Likes

Echo that. So true :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I won’t sleep in the bed since …
I just can’t be there with the space where they were always there with me It’s too painful yet I sleep elsewhere

1 Like

Completely understand, i wish i had a spare room but 3 kids at home still and our 11 year old sometimes wakes in the night and needs to know your there and lays with me till he’s settled again.

1 Like

I haven’t told anyone but I sleep on the floor in the bedroom on a camp bed I don’t have a spare room - I know my family would worry and say that’s not good- nor children sadly That’s a lot for you with your grief and your kids Dont think I could be looking after anyone else the way I feel but of course as a mum you do with your kids Thank you for acknowledging me

4 Likes

When I go home twice since it happened I can feel him when I’m in bed I can almost see, hear, smell and touch him. It’s a blessing and a curse. I love it and I’m scared of it. I was going to home tonight but I’m scared to, he calls to me

3 Likes

I think I have run away. I’m staying at my sisters for a while and maybe thats what I’m doing. I’ve still got to face the empty house and the empty bed when I go back and I’m dreading it

5 Likes

My man didn’t live with me the last few years, but I still miss him when I go to bed, when I get in, when he used to get in next to me, complaining about the cold,
And I hadn’t warned his side (his jokes)

1 Like

I am so sorry for everyone s losses I know from experience how painful and difficult it is to cope with the loss of a beloved person Do whatever helps you cope in the present but eventually remember you have to face your loss and this is not an easy process But it will eventually pass and you will feel at peace

How, hot does anyone feel at peace

1 Like

Please try meditating it helped me a great deal I was with my husband for more than 60 years Blessings

2 Likes

Some people find peace easier than others, I wish I could but I can’t see me getting there anytime soon. I’m 44 with 3 kids at home it’s not easy, getting 60 years together is an amazing gift sending love

2 Likes

Well I have 4 children including 1 with extra needs who still needs support now We all need to be at peace so we carry on

We all have found ourselves in a situation we didn’t want to be in and everybody deals differently. I’m glad you found peace but others are still not there yet

1 Like

Well Grief is an overwhelming experience Bur in the end as the Buddha said Life is suffering and we need to seek the of end of suffering Please try meditation there are plenty of videos and podcasts online to help you Blessings

1 Like

I sleep in the back bedroom now. I’ve completely redecorated it, painted it all plain white. Last night I sprayed his aftershave on the pillows and actually managed 7 hours sleep, which is a miracle for me.

5 Likes

I sleep on the sofa. Did try upstairs for a while, but I find more comfort ( emotionally!!) not physically downstairs on sofa
:yellow_heart::hugs::pray:

1 Like

I got used to sleeping alone while he was in hospital, and when he came home he had a bed downstairs. But I still miss him terribly and hug his pillow every night.
I don’t think this dreadful feeling of loss and total heartbreak will ever go away.

3 Likes

Dear @Liro
Yes, that’s why it’s easier for me to sleep downstairs, because that’s where my husband slept. For a long time on the sofa, and then on a hospital bed for a couple of weeks before he died.
We had to sell the sofa so there was room for the hospital bed, so it’s a different sofa , because I had to buy a new one at lot sooner than I anticipated :disappointed_relieved:
It’s his downstairs duvet I use though . He used to take it to hospital with him too, every time he was admitted.
:yellow_heart::hugs::pray:

1 Like