Face to face bereavement group

Hi @Barbara61, just letting you know that I merged your thread, “Bereavement support group” into this one. This is because there’s been lots of helpful links to local groups here, as well as requests for groups, and more people may see it in this thread. I’m really glad the group was so welcoming - I hope it continues to be a support to you.

Take care
Seaneen

3 Likes

Hello Maggied
I live near Halifax and am up for meeting up if you’re interested . Just let me know .
Take care
Anne

Hello Anne

That would be good, just let me know where and a convenient time

Best wishes
Margaret

I live in cheshunt Hertfordshire where r u as do need face 2 face talk wiv sum1 who understands and has been through this pain luv Jo xxxx

I live near Halifax in West Yorkshire so a bit too far for a meet up . Maybe try your local funeral directors as they might know of any places to meet in your area. Very best wishes , Anne

Hi Margaret
Would you be willing to come to Halifax some time ? I don’t know your area at all and haven’t got the confidence to go too far put of my comfort zone at the moment .
Very best wishes
Anne

Yes that’s fine Anne. I used to work at Calderdale Royal so I know Halifax well. Just let me know a time which suits you and I’ll try and fit in xx

Hello, I loss my soulmate 20 months ago and would like to meet others who are struggling, I’m from Essex.
Amy x

Hi Amy

Have you considered joining WAYUP? I’m sure they have at least one group that meets in Essex. I’ve recently joined a ‘local’ group( sometimes an hour’s drive away) and they meet weekly at different places for coffee, long chat and long lunch! I’ve only been twice and it’s quite a diverse, small group but very friendly. It’s been such a relief being able to talk with others in a similar situation.
I wish I had found this group earlier.

Just a thought anyway,
Julie x

1 Like

Hi Margaret
I’m free every day apart from Tuesdays and Saturdays so I’ll leave it to you to choose a day that suits you . We could meet up at the main entrance to Marks and Spencer in Woolshops , Halifax and then go to a nearby café , the afternoons are best for me . Look forward to hearing from you .
Anne x

I would appreciate that but at the moment I don’t know who is going to take part. Regards Eddie.

I’ve very recently lost my man and ive been looking for something like this in the west lothian area as I feel I’m totally lost and have noone really that I can turn too so I’m definitely interested I think it’s a great idea xx

Unfortunately I live in Devon.

Hello Anne

Is next Wednesday any good, let me know what time. If this isn’t convenient I’ll find another date

Look forward to seeing you
Margaret x

Wednesday is fine for me too, how about 2 pm at Marks and Spencer main entrance in Halifax.? Let me know if this is ok .
Anne x

Yes that’s fine for me, look forward to seeing you then x

Great see you Wednesday at 2pm
Anne x

Where do you live in Devon as I live just outside Tavistock.
Julie x

I live in Braunton. North Devon.