Feel like I’m going mad

@Cadge I was spared the trauma of CPR as he was out in a bike ride with his friends. His best friend still has flash backs. He died instantly at the scene. Never to come back home.
The pain is something no one will understand unless they have been through it.
People try to think what they would feel if it was them but they have no idea of the depth of pain and loss they will feel.
Aww I’m glad he’s there, it’s not the same but it is comforting when weird things happen.

6 Likes

Its truely awful isnt it im only on day 10 so i have a long way to go yet i know one thing christmas is cancelled :frowning.

3 Likes

@Cadge I lost my husband suddenly and unexpectedly 7 months ago. I went to work on the Saturday and Sunday my son rang me to say that dad had collapsed. Time I got home he was gone. I did CPR until the paramedics arrived as they also took a long time to come.
My husband was 53 years old. I have recently been diagnosed with PTSD and just having trauma therapy. You are still very early days, take on hour at a time. Don’t look into the future. Life is indeed unfair and so cruel. Been robbed of our future plans and dreams. The rawness of the early days are good but daily I cry and feel so sad. Have just gone back to work with a few hours a week. My friends have been my rock. Take care and big hugs xx

3 Likes

Cadge
So very sorry for your loss big hugs,
I lost my husband to a cardiac arrest 9 months ago,
It’s a horrendous time sometimes I just feel
Like it’s a bad nightmare,
Everyone is supportive in this forum ,
As we all have lost a loved one
Take care
Sue x

5 Likes

Your story is very much like mine my steve was 54 i did cpr they took 20mins to come it was too late. I just hope in time things get better life is so dam cruel (((((hugs))))) x

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss my steve had is early hours while we were sleeping i woke to him having a seizure he wasnt breathing that image will stay with me forever. How are you coping ? X

1 Like

Hi Cadge
I have replied to you but it gone into the conversation, forum why I didn’t notice, for some reason ,
If you go into that sorry about that

Take care look after yourself
Big hugs
Sue x

1 Like

Im new here today i have no clue how to get there sorry x

Cadge
I know how difficult the 1st few weeks are
I.'m still struggling ,i walk a lot and visit my husband grave twice a week ,i try to keep
busy ,my husband cousin has been very supportive i go out shopping or for a meal with her once a week
My husband had a cardiac arrest whist driving i was in the car and managed to stop
It,
We had 2 Ambulances out and a Air Ambulance,he was given CPR in the Road
I was blue lighted to hospital in a po!ice car
My husband passed away 2 hours later
He never gained conscious,it gave me nightmares ,
I had sleeping tabs for the first 2 weeks
Dont sleep well now
Big hugs
Sue xx

1 Like

I haven’t slept well since my husband went into hospital. I think a lot of us have that problem. Usually awake at 3 a.m then doze to 5. No wonder I am tired.

4 Likes

Pudding ,
Its horrendous not been able to sleep,
Then so tired in the day
The doctor gave me Mirtazapine, i only took
Them a couple of nights ,didnt he!p
She did give me zopiclone for 3 weeks when my husband passed and they did he!p
But they will only allow them for a short time ,
Hugs
Sue x

1 Like

Can’t have sleeping pills due to sleep apnoea. Just got to work through. It’s tough but that’s just how it is.

Love Sandra

1 Like

I keep questioning if i could have done better with the cpr i really did try my hardest but i was in shock and screaming for help it was horrible i really dont think anything i did would have saved him it was too late :frowning:

2 Likes

@Cadge. There is no doubt that you would have done everything you could to save your husband. It’s not everyone who would have been able to do cpr.
We are all guilty of questioning ourselves, ‘should we’, ‘may be if’, etc. I know, I have to the point of driving myself mad. It’s a lot to do with why I am sleeping so badly.
I am sure our loved ones would have been proud of us for what we did in unimaginable circumstances.
Sending hugs x

3 Likes

Did you have to give cpr also i know i tryed my best but it just hurts so much x ((((hugs)))))

1 Like

No, I didn’t have to give him cpr but make other decisions which I cannot but help thinking “was I right”.
My counsellor says guilt is another part of grief. The whole process is so painful, it’s 28 weeks since I lost my husband and the past few days have been as bad as ever, with guilt playing a big part.
xx

2 Likes

Oh im so sorry sending you lots of hugs xx

Exactly the same for me. My husband died in bed beside me and despite CPR by both me and the paramedics when they arrived he never regained consciousness. Such a shock which left me numb for months and I still think about that night all the time. I was assured he never suffered but boy am I suffering now without him. We just have to carry on - we have no choice. :broken_heart:

5 Likes

Truly awful its only been 10 days but im sleeping on the sofa cant face the bedroom now . I just cant get my head around it how can it happen when they are asleep no warning signs the day before just nothing :sleepy: x

2 Likes

Sofa or bed. After 8 weeks I am still not sleeping. Wake up every day feeling awful as I expect you do. But know from other posts in this site it will eventually get better. Just wished I didn’t feel light headed and ill the whole day. I can’t imagine the trauma you went through.

3 Likes