Feeling lost and in shock

Thanks Angie

The topic is called " Just an idea"

Itā€™s nearly 8 weeks since I lost my wonderful husband of almost 38years. He was in hospital the last 6 weeks of his life, but was improving, then died very suddenly. I understand the pain of not being able to visit him and how I feel our retirement years have been stolen from us. He was just 60, we both had to retire 5 years ago through ill health, but we still enjoyed simple pleasures of our holidays, a meal out with friends or time spent with our family. We lost my mum 7 weeks prior, so had planned extended holidays together, but that has been taken from us now. Our children have lost a very special dad and my son, who has been in ITU, lost his best friend. I still canā€™t believe all this has happened. Jane x

1 Like

Jane
Iā€™m so very sorry for your loss. I lost my husband last year, he was also in hospital for 7 weeks but never recovered. Itā€™s awful Jane, I still canā€™t believe it as Iā€™m sure you canā€™t, my husband was 63, life is so cruel, I hope you have a lot of support, if you ever want to chat, Iā€™m here.
Pam

Hi jane you are not alone, I lost my love to cancer 5 weeks ago and I feel my heart is breaking
All our plans and Hopes gone.

1 Like

Hi Betty blue, I know Iā€™m trying to think how lucky I was to have met such a wonderful man and have him in my life for so many years. However that doesnā€™t help the pain and loneliness, I just think how much time do I have to live without him and how heā€™s been robbed of the things we had looked forward to after working so hard all those years. I have two wonderful children, family and friends around me, but still feel lonely. I still canā€™t take it in, feels as if heā€™s going to walk through the door.

My husband had just turned 60 and had been diagnosed with cancer last year. It has been so tough watching him fight so hard to stay alive and then watching him die in the hospice. You are right that we have been lucky to have these wonderful men for so long but it is so painful without them. I dont know who I am without him, it all feels very strange and leaves you feeling vulnerable. All we can do is take baby steps, it is very early days.

1 Like