Feeling so sad…..

Hi Yvonne
I’m sure I have already sent you a reply but I don’t no if I pressed reply god my head I’m so sorry you have got such a lot to do with closing your business and all that comes with that .
I know can’t believe how upset I got about a hover I used to think I was quite a strong woman now I cry because of a hover god help me if I need to defrost the freezer I’ll just give in .
I’m sure my George and your Geoff will be shaking there heads at us .
I have a line till the 31st of January see how things go I still can’t see George when I close my eyes and I don’t dream about him I think it’s still to raw for all of us just know it’s going to take time a day at a time and god willing we will all come out of this darkness big hugs
Lily

Dear After You

I have just read your post and my heart goes out to you. Everything you have written reflects that of my husband and mine’s life together. We had been married for 40 years and known each other for 44. My husband passed away on the 8th November 2017 after being diagnosed with cancer in mid September, which we thought with treatment was curable.

We both retired last Christmas as we have a daughter and grandchildren in America and wanted to spend more time with them. We also have a daughter and two grandchildren in England. I stay with my sister and brother-in-law occasionally, and also my daughter who lives only a few miles away but I find the loneliness even harder to bear when I come home so tend to try to stay at home: I am not sure that helps either. I think every breath I took much have been with my husband: small things like remembering how we both stood pondering over a tube of hand-cream, which now sits at the side of the bed. It seems as though everything I touch has a memory of us being together. I am trying to take a day at a time and I am told that it is early days. My heart feels as though it is breaking and it almost takes my breath away, which leaves me feeling frightened. I am trying to be strong for my daughters and thinking how much my husband would have not wanted me to hurt, but the loss feels overwhelming.

I am trying Tai Chi lessons and meditation twice a week as I read that may help. I look online in hope that there is a glimmer of light and hang onto the love from my family and kindness of friends. When I have read your conversation and the replies I do not feel as alone although sat here typing the house seems very empty.

My heart truly goes out to you and everyone and I pray that we will find a light.

Susan

Hello Susan,

Thank you for your message. I am so sorry for the loss of your husband, my husband passed on the 28th November 2017, so the way we are both feeling is running a sad-parallel.

Its not an easy journey and it all seems so unfair that at a time when we should be enjoying retirement, you find yourself alone.

Your idea of Tai Chi and meditation is a very positive step. I have been to my Pilates class today, for the first time without my husband, although that was hard, everyone was so lovely, which helped greatly. I also took my Grandson for his swimming lesson, again, something we did together. None of it is easy, but I can’t just sit and be sad all of the time.

I’m thinking about you Susan and pray we can all gain some strength from each other. Take care and a big hug
Elaine

Hello Elaine

Each day I try to be strong and hearing you try to fight back the hurt and be there for your grandchildren gives me strength in knowing that I am not alone. I found babysitting hard at first for my six and four year old grandchildren, as I missed going downstairs when they were asleep and, when it was time to leave, driving home with my husband. The first couple of times I cried all the way home - now I seem to suck a lot of mints to ease that ache in my throat.

I have found people very kind and caring, which does help so much.

You take very good care too and returning a huge hug - I think our husbands would be proud even during the times we feel desperately lost.

Susan

1 Like