Feeling useless

The house is a mess, only just noticed one of my cats has an eye infection and to top it all I just burnt the pancakes.
Feeling really down, the funeral directors phoned this afternoon to say Mum’s ashes are ready for collection. Getting the ashes makes it seem more real and I’m not ready for that.

8 Likes

So the house is a mess. Losing your mum would make you a mess.
I picked up the ashes of my hubby couple of weeks ago. I talk to him everyday. I think the poor bloke got a headache the other day.

He wants his ashes scattered in Scotland. I have booked a 7 day coach trip. I came into the living room. Shook the scatter tube and said babe we going Scotland.

Take things one day at a time. Things are going to be hard. Pick up the ashes when you’re ready. Grief is hard. You have all sorts of emotions going on at the same time. Don’t beat yourself up.

Sending hugs :people_hugging:

5 Likes

My living space is a mess too. Who cares? Or about the pancakes? You attempted pancakes and that’s an achievement in itself. The cat needs medicine, though. :cat2: But honestly, you have lost a parent, like me, and our worlds have changed. One day, we might feel up to do something about the mess. At the moment we can only survive. :heart:

5 Likes

Taking the cat to the vets first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks x

4 Likes

Hope it goes well! :heart:

2 Likes

Turns out it wasn’t an eye infection it was a tooth abscess and the swelling was affecting her eye. She’s on antibiotics and booked to have some teeth out on Monday. Feeling really nervous about it. Thanks x

2 Likes

Ok! It’s always scary when your pets have to have a procedure done, but it shouldn’t be too complicated. Keeping my fingers crossed for you on Monday. :heart:

1 Like

My cat had most of her teeth removed and is recovering well. The vet wasn’t sure if it was an abscess or a tumor so took a biopsy and will let me know Friday. Trying not to think about it. x

3 Likes

Oh no, that worry is the last thing you need right now. Try to focus on the fact that it went well and that she’s recovering. Friday doesn’t exist yet, only today, and in all likelihood it’s an abscess. Sending strength and hugs. :heart:

3 Likes

She’s eating more than she used to, even eating her sister’s food which hasn’t gone down well. Trying not to think about Friday. Thanks x

3 Likes

The pain must be gone then, that’s great. :heart:

2 Likes

My cat has to have her eye out tomorrow, feeling so depressed about it. I feel like I keep letting people down and must be a disappointment to everyone. I wasn’t even with mum when she died suddenly in hospital, I just hope she didn’t suffer. :broken_heart:

1 Like

@Victoria22 Hopefully you’ll get this when Bonnie is in recovery, concentrate on giving her all your love.
So sorry about your mum :broken_heart:

1 Like

Thinking of you and your cat today. Let us know how it goes and much love and hugs to you both. :heart:

1 Like

Had a really stressful day, had to come home from work. Vet phoned to say unsure if my cat had a brain tumor and said could go ahead with removing her eye or put her to sleep. Decided to go ahead with op. Vet just phoned to say she pulled through op and it went well. Still don’t know about cancer, at least she’s still alive, hope to pick her up tomorrow. Really miss having my mum to ask advice about things. Thanks xx

5 Likes

Oh bless her she’s been so brave. Cuddles all round when you pick her up, thinking of you both xx

2 Likes

She’s a fighter! :two_hearts: I’m so sorry for all the difficulties you both have to go through. More hugs and strength and hopes for the best. :heart:

2 Likes

I was really pleased this morning, the vet said we could take off my cat’s plastic collar. Came home from work to find she’s scratched the wound where her eye should be and it looks a bit raw now when it had been healing nicely. Will have to take her back to the vets in the morning. I have put her collar back on. Now back to being super depressed.

Vet said cat is ok, I was just panicking :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Great news xx

2 Likes