Feelings

Hi how are you feeling ? Just feel the same as when I last contacted you . I have an appointment with Mind on the 8th of Feb for counselling assesment but that’s 2 weeks away . Just don’t know how am getting thru at the moment. I had a meltdown last week and my friend had to come round to calm me down . I also had a call from the national bereavement service and they said it was normal to féel the way I do. Even stuff like my vaccum cleaner not working stressingr me out and the cost of living rise too

Hi I also feel no different and thats the frustrating part as we are desperate to feel better. Im a born worrier so I understand how everything is getting on top of you, I lie awake in bed & cant stop my mind from overthinking everything. I do think its probably normal when grieving but its so bloody hard.
Please go back to your GP I really think he needs to look at different medication to help to calm you x

Yes I am a great overthinker , I have a GP appointment on Monday but when I saw him last time he wasn’t keen on changing my medication . He also said that I shouldn’t keep away from my son and grandchildren as this won’t help , but am scared of this. My son gets married on Easter Sunday and am scared if am not better I won’t be able to go . I didn’t see my mum for three years before she died due to a fall out we had on a holiday In 2019 - she refused to have anything to do with me after that. I did try to reach out to her at one point but she refused to speak to me so there was nothing I could do . I do suffer depression and mostly it’s brought on by something but why does it take feelings away . All I know is that before she died I loved my grandson very much and was absolutely over the moon when my son told me I was getting a granddaughter. I have an appointment 8th Feb with Mind for an assessment for counselling but even if I get it there’s a six week waiting list . I Spoke to someone from national bereavement helpline and she also said it’s the grief that causes us to lose feelings and it does get better. Am sorry to keep bothering you and hope we both can get over this horrible time .

Sorry I meant I didn’t see my mum for three years after eevfell out and then she died

Its so sad that you had a fall out with your mum and then she died, maybe thats in the back of your mind more than you think. I can understand your fears about your sons wedding but don’t panic about it as it will make your anxiety worse. There is no such thing as a perfect family as I have found out. I used to think it was just me that had problems but I think we hurt the ones we love most without realising it. I really hope the doctor offers you different medication, I have medication too, I call them my happy pills but I needed a stronger dose and they haven’t really kicked in yet but Im hoping they will soon.
You are not bothering me at all, its good to chat to someone who is in the same boat x

1 Like

Hi well I bit the bullet and my son and grandson came over last Sunday . I was very nervous but my GP had suggested that things wouldn’t get any better by keeping them away. My grandson was trying to teach me a game on his Nintendo and my son slept for a while after they’d had breakfast . I didn’t have the meltdown I thought I would have , it went ok but I didn’t get a rush of love for them . I asked about my granddaughter and daughter in law etc and all seemed normal
.Also I’ve had my washer and vaccum cleaner break down and money is tight at the moment what with the cost of living crisis . I still feel very depressed and next week I have an appointment with Mind for an assessment for grief counselling. Don’t know what I,m going to say just that me and mum fell out three years ago on holiday and she refused to speak to me afterwards I did try to reach out to her but she slammed down the fone This doesn’t feel like grief to me as when I cry am not crying for her but for myself and what am not feeling for my family. Am still really depressed at the moment and whatever am not feeling she was still my mum .
How are you ?

Hi, Im so glad you had your son and grandson over on Sunday. I can imagine how nervous you were but it seems it wasnt as bad as you thought. Its a good start even if your feelings are the same, keep having them over it will get easier with each visit. I think you might be stressing over your mum, did you ever chat to anyone when she died or have you bottled it up? I think the counselling may help, I know what you mean when you say you cry for yourself, I do too but then feel guilty and selfish.
Unfortunately there isnt a magic cure to stop you feeling depressed. I went to a friends house on Monday and had a long chat which made me feel better but as soon as I got home I felt down again. I cant stop the anxiety and worry when Im by myself although the medication seems to help me sleep at night.
Keep doing what your doing, small steps in the right direction and keep talking x

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am just lost at the moment and becoming really anxious about life. I hate the way I feel but just cant pull myself together. I feel empty which I suppose is grief but every day is so hard x

Hi So my son and grandson came round Sunday but it wasn’t a good day, we had brunch but Jacob was a bit boisterous and he and my son ended up playfighting on my sofa . Then on their way out my son was carrying Jacob in 1 arm and dropped him , he fell and bumped his head but got up quickly and ran off before I could get to him * feel like I,m just going thru the motions with everything . I have an appointment with Mind today for grief counselling assesment and in the back of my mind keep thinking I won’t get it because am not grieving in the way I should . It’s been almost 9 months since my mum passed . Feel so numb . The cost of living is getting to me as well hate going shopping at the moment . Sorry I just need to talk . Hope you are ok ?

Hi, no need to say sorry we all need to talk to someone. Everything is getting on top of you isnt it and its making your anxiety worse. Im just the same, I worry about everything especially at night. I think its normal when your grieving and it doesnt matter if its 9 months since your mum died as its still affecting you. I know the numb feeling, its an emptiness and nothing makes you happy no matter how hard we try.
Good luck with your appointment today, I hope they can help you, try to stay positive x

1 Like

How did you get on with the counselling today? Ive been thinking about you x

It didn’t happen, I got off the bus at the rong stop and by the time I got there the counselor had gone into another meeting I was 20 minutes late . I’ve got another appointment for Monday next week . I seem to get into a flap about most things at the moment, Was very upset yesterday . Thanks for thinking of me . How are you today ?

Oh no Im so sorry you got there late and she had gone. Im not surprised you were upset I would have been too. Dont give up at least you have another appointment next week. Im just the same, still struggling just trying to make it through each day, its horrible x

I know :heart:. I have only just managed a shower but back in my pj,s

sorry to hear this I lost my husband in the pandemic ,I thought I was coping keeping my self busy, getting jobs done, doing crafts, now I have hit a brick wall feeling down, I am normally a postive person I was married for 46 years ,Now My friend is at the end of life and I think its fetched all the memories and grief back I feel lost and lonely x

1 Like

My son has just sent me a photo of little Lottie - she’s 6 months old now I just burst into tears when I saw her , it feels as though I will never love her … Having a really bad day

1 Like

Grief is a terrible thing, they say time is a healer but Im not sure it ever heals. Bless you and your friend x

2 Likes

Hi my son sent me a photo yesterday of my granddaughter she’s 6 months old now I just burst into tears because I feel nothing

1 Like

You must feel so upset, I feel for you I really do. Try to think this wont last forever your feelings will come back but at the moment you are in a bad place. Are there any friends you can talk to? You need a distraction from all of this even if you just go for a walk with someone x

Hi Yes am meeting my friend in our local park this afternoon, still in pj,s . Feel as though av got the world on my shoulder right now … the energy/ cost of living getting to me as well . How are you today ?