Finally booked a medium

Well after over six weeks of being desperate to know if there’s any chance we’ll see our loved ones again I’ve bitten the bullet and actually booked an appointment with psychic medium. She has a three year waiting list but offers express readings for people who want a reading sooner and are willing to pay the extra. It cost £750 so I really hope I’m not going to feel like a right numpty after I’ve had it :rofl::see_no_evil:

It was a rather impulsive decision and I never really make impulsive decisions like that but at that moment it felt right. I’m excited but nervous too. If she can convince me that she really can connect with our loved ones it will be worth every single penny. If she can’t I’m going to feel like an absolute idiot but one way or another I’ll feel like I’ll have my answer.

If I’d ever said I was paying that much to connect with my mam or grandad he’d have laughed his head off and called me a numpty :rofl: He didn’t believe when he was alive but I’m hoping he’s been made to believe now :rofl:

3 Likes

Let me know how you get on. I’m exactly the same as you, I had faith before losing our DH but now I don’t feel anything. I want to believe as I’m driven insane with it all.

I’m actually having a shi*t time with it all at the minute. I miss him so much I feel Like I could scream. In some ways it’s getting worse. If there really is nothing after death it seems so pointless, Why-we love so deeply in life then experience grief so intensely all for nothing?

Nothing makes sense anymore. Please keep us updated how it goes. X

3 Likes

I think the same as you, everything does feel pointless. What is the point in our existence? I’m frying my head with it all tbh.

I’ll definitely let you know how it goes. I’m really hoping that I don’t regret it. It’s a lot of money to spend if you don’t feel convinced during the reading. Me and my OH had lots of private jokes, there was one thing that he’d always say I’d be buggered with if anything happened to him so I know he’d mention that thing if he had the chance to. His personality was very unique, he’d definitely have a few things that he’d want to say if he gets the chance.

I feel like because it was so sudden and I didn’t get the chance to say goodbye I need some kind of closure and as silly as it sounds I feel like I need his blessing to live. I feel guilty that he worked so hard on the house and garden and now he’s not here to enjoy it, I feel guilty that I’m still here. I know my feelings are irrational but grief does strange things to you :broken_heart:

@LostLil
I’ll be intrigued to know. I saw a medium years ago and she told me a lot of things about my family, even I didn’t t know. My parents listened to the reading and confirmed what she said. However she didn’t give me any direct messages from anyone so I would be interested with how you get on.

Oddly I haven’t even seen any of her readings she’s given to others :rofl::see_no_evil:

I haven’t even researched her thoroughly, I just had an impulsive urge to book her after coming across one article about her saying how she came to be a medium and seeing she’s done readings for celebrities and has a three year waiting list. Even now I don’t feel the urge to Google her or research her, it’s a bit late now anyway :rofl:
She was the only well known medium who offers readings without waiting years and I’m desperate right now.

I hope I don’t regret it later, it’s a lot of money to spend if it doesn’t convince you a hundred percent.

1 Like

I’ve been drinking tonight and when my husband died I bought a display cabinet and filled it with his belongings in. I bought remote control lights to go inside. They randomly come on and off.

Tonight I changed the batteries to new ones, I begged if he was here to turn the lights to the cabinet off. Nothing. So my teenage daughter come in. I had a massive rant at how I don’t believe in any life after death, it’s all a load of crap and told her what I’d asked of him, regarding the lights. She said “you can’t say that just because the lights didn’t change”. I swear coincidences or not, she left the living room and the lights went out in the cabinet. It did make me think wow! Part of me thinks I’m looking for stuff but that was so weird. Maybe I will keep an open mind.

I hope it gives you what you need xx

1 Like

Haha, in the first two weeks after he died I’d scream to him “please do something! Turn the lights on or something! Anything, just let me know you’re still here” I hope my neighbours couldn’t hear me, they’d think I was bloody nuts :see_no_evil::rofl:

Nothing happened though, it still hasn’t.
I do talk to him because it makes me feel better and I say to him if I die and there is an afterlife and he hasn’t given me any signs I’m not going to be impressed when I see him again :rofl:

Ah who knows, this constantly wondering is there? Isn’t there? drives me insane. I really hope this reading convinces me there actually is something after. If it doesn’t then I need to let it go.

I’ve told him there’s one thing that he did years ago that was so crazy and stupid that nobody could ever make it up, if he can bring that through during the reading then I will be one hundred percent convinced :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I keep saying if he wasn’t dead, I’d kill him :rofl: I didn’t want to be left alone. It’s so long! Well obviously no one knows how long we may have, that’s the hardest bit.

I was going to have a tattoo in memory of him, the one design is quite big. Part of me thinks " I could be dead before I’m old" then the other bit says if I have a massive tattoo I’ll live til I’m 90 and look a right rough state :rofl:

1 Like

Ah that’s a lovely idea. I’m a wimp and haven’t got any tattoos :rofl:
Even if you live to be 90 it will still look good for many years to come.

I’m trying to think of ways that we can remember my OH. I’ve seen people plant trees and name stars after loved ones so I’ll start looking into that soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too. I’m feeling a little bit silly about it this morning though :see_no_evil:
I’m not planning on telling his family or anybody that I know before I have the reading, I’m planning on recording it though and if it convinces me that there’s something more then I’ll tell his family and play the recording but if it doesn’t convince me or is rather generic then I’m going to feel like a fool and I’ll be saying nothing :see_no_evil::rofl:

Oddly I didn’t research her at all before booking the reading. I found one article about her and saw she has a three year waiting list but offered express readings so just went with it. It just felt right at that moment. There was also only one express reading slot left and I didn’t want to miss the chance of getting a reading because I’d spent hours researching her. I woke up this morning and felt a little bit silly booking a medium that I’ve never even seen give a reading so I found this reading. If I get a reading of the same quality as this lady where she can tell me names and their relationship to me I would be over the moon. I hate the ones who say I have a young male here, that could easily be a guess.

Maybe the reason it felt right at that moment I booked it was because it was meant to be. I’ve never acted so impulsively on anything before.

@LostLil I might sound cynical but at £750 a session, doing 2 sessions a day, working a 5 day week and say 40 weeks a year would give a gross income of £300,000 pa. It wouldn’t take working much extra to make £1m a year. I can only think I was in the wrong line of work. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I know, I’m sceptical about it all myself but I really, really need to know and honestly I think I would have paid double that the way I was feeling last night.
Seeing her readings for other people she says specific names and their relationship to the person so if I get that I will be over the moon because there’s absolutely no way she could know. My Facebook is completely private so there’s no chance of her finding anything out about me off social media and even if she could look at my Facebook there’s not enough on there to give a convincing reading because I’m a private person.
If on the other hand I don’t get specific names and the relationship of anybody that comes through then I’ll definitely be a bit miffed and start to question if the other readings were set up. I’m actually really nervous about it because I think it’s going to answer the question for me one way or another.
I just hope it convinces me there’s something more.
If I could believe there’s something more then I think I’d just see him as going before me on the next adventure rather than just being “gone” I’d look at death totally differently, it would no longer be a sad thing for me and in many ways I’d start to look forward to my own death. Obviously I’d still miss him being here but I’d know he was OK and that’s all I can hope for right now.
I do have rather odd thoughts from time to time :rofl::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

:rofl: If there’s any truth in it all he’ll definitely give me a row for paying that much to connect with him :rofl:

Have you seen surviving death on Netflix?

I’m not sure, I did watch something the other week I think that’s what it was. I can’t say it convinced me though. I found some of it quite bizarre lol.

I’m not sure what to make on NDE’s either. We all know how they are supposed to go so it I do wonder if it’s just our brain shutting down. Everything is a mystery :rofl:

What do you think sbout NDE’s?

I’ve just rewatched it. These programmes actually leave more questions than answers.

The last one about reincarnation was weird with the little kids. How did they know so much stuff about other people’s lives? They knew which house they used to live in and what their wives were looked like etc. That freaked me out as I don’t want to reincarnate :rofl: I can’t be arsed!

NDE - they all say the same kind of stuff, they go floating up towards a loving light, (god) then see loads of other lights then their lives get replayed back, nothing is the same as earth all your senses are a million times more than you could understand on earth then they go back as it wasn’t their time. None of them mention seeing lost loved ones, so that scares me more. I don’t want to just be floating round lights for eternity :rofl: maybe when it is actually your time you move on to the next bit where you reconnect with family. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Lol you made me laugh going on about reincarnation, saying you cba, I second that, I don’t want to come back to this world, one life on here is more than enough it’s too hard work!

2 Likes

Ah yes that’s definitely what I watched. The one little boy who picked out five out of five photos correctly did surprise me but in my sceptical mind I wondered if perhaps he had been shown photos by one of his family members of the house and family of the guy he thought he was in a previous life. It is a fascinating subject though.
I don’t even remember being a toddler, it must be completely surreal to remember a previous life.

I don’t want to reincarnate either. Given the option I’d rather stay in spirit form and reunite with my OH and all my other lost family members forever :rofl:

Lots of people say they do actually see their loved ones during a NDE though. Some people are apparently told they have to “go back because it’s not your time” Again so many questions surround NDE’s. I really wish I could have one just to see for myself :rofl:
I’m too impatient to wait until I die to find out.