First Christmas and new year alone

I so feel for you. My first Christmas alone too. I really wasn’t in the mood for it at all & now in lockdown the loneliness is worse. I dontgo out at all unless to pick up click & collect groceries once a fortnight
Guess we just have to grit our teeth & carry on :sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone. New here, joined today and found this thread when searching internet.

I lost my wife between Christmas and New Year, on her 51st Birthday. We had been together 25 years and she was my rock, best friend and soul mate. She had suffered from MS ever since I knew her but the last 3 years so was very ill and I was her carer 24/7.

It’s only been 2 weeks since I lost her and I get lonely. Friends say they don’t know how I feel, but I will learn to live with the loss and I’m still young with my whole life ahead of me still, but I’m lost without my wife besides me.

Her funeral is in 2 weeks and I’m dreading that as it will be my final goodbye to her. I have written a Eulogy for her that I am determined to deliver, it’s the least I can do to honor all the love and support she showed me over the years.

Thank you for reading this post.

4 Likes

Big hugs Carl. I’m 7 months in and every day is hard. Message me if you need to. X

1 Like

Carl i am so sorry for your loss , sending big hugs.I am just over 14 weeks in on my journey, lost my soul mate Ste 7th Oct 2020.Some days are harder than others, take each day as it comes if you need to cry then do so.Always here if you need to talk, just drop me a message x

1 Like

Thanks DinkyDi. Thanks for the hugs, and yes, plenty crying still. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Thanks Lyndal. Sorry for your loss too. Carl x

It’s so difficult. Never knew I could feel so bad. X

1 Like

Hi Carl
I guess people are saying it’s early days which is true. It’s 7 months since I lost my partner & still expect him to walk through the door.
Just take it one day at a time . I get good days & others when the tears don’t stop.
Each day is step towards healing but always remember she is only a thought away.
Always here to listen
Take care

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I lost my husband o. Christmas Eve 2020, 16 days ago. We had been together 40yrs.

I feel as though I’m looking into a globe of my life that I am not a part of. I have very calm periods but more periods of constant tears.

I have lost my soul mate, my best friend, my strength.
People tell me time is a great healer, I can’t believe anything can heal the pain.

I keep telling myself that I will get through this, not over it and I will live my life in honour of the memory of my wonderful loving husband. I’m not sure how to do this, but comments I have read on here helps me believe it can happen.

Keep talking, stay safe

God bless :pray:

1 Like

Kathq so sorry for your loss. things will never be the same again. i feel your pain i lost my husband rusty back in septemvevtbis year. christmas and new year alone! i have wedding Anniversary coming up so i will be in bits. i mudfle through each day somehow. you were together a long time so things will take time for u

bess you and hopevthings get a bit better for u

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. i lost mine hubby to cancer 4 months ago i feel your pain! best wishes to u

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words xxx

1 Like

Hi Carl I’m 8 weeks on from losing my partner of 39 years he was 64 message me if you need to talk. Stay strong

2 Likes

My husband passed away march last year which the surgeon has said was sudden and unexpected seeing as he survived a 10 and half hour operation and was doing well, our anniversary and my birthday in May, his birthday in September and Christmas and New year was very hard, I still have his ashes and talk to them every day but without a close friend and my family I don’t think I would have got through it some days I’m fine other days in floods of tears but I am trying to be strong because I know he would want me to

Hi Valg,
I know what you mean as lost my partner suddenly last June. You just have to take it one day at a time. I find I need to plan to have something to do every day & spread chores out all day rather than doing them all in the morning then having nothing to do.
I also try to go out for short walk every day weather permitting
The main thing is be kind to yourself & if you having a tears day just go with it …
Good days & bad days but we will all get there eventually.
Here to chat any time
Rosemary

I have good days and not so good day. Last week I was in the kitchen cooking for one, the thought that I would never cook for my husband again and this was my life from now on was in my head, and I was in tears, it’s been seven months since he passed away and I still frequently get upset. I think talking to family and friends does help, I am so glad we have phones and WhatsApp. Take care x

2 Likes

I know exactly how you are feeling. I lost my lovely elderly mum in March by sudden death. She had Dementia amongst other things. I have no family left now and I feel so alone. Christmas Day was dreadful. Mum loved Christmas dinner and the Queen’s speech. I sat alone and cried holding her slippers and then I went to the cemetery. I go and sit there every day. New Years Day was equally dreadful. Starting a new year without mum seems pointless. I am not coping well at all. I did all the cooking for mum and me and now I have to force myself to cook just for me and eating nearly chokes me. I am finding it hard to carry on as mum was my reason to wake up in the mornings now even that is hard. My day revolved around her I was her full-time carer now I cry nearly all the time and look at her photos and go to the cemetery. I cannot see it getting any better anytime soon. I don’t see the point without her.

1 Like

It has been six months since my partner passed away suddenly. It was the worst Christmas I have been through. I am feeling so alone and hopeless. I miss him every day and I can’t think I will ever cope without him

1 Like

My other half passed in June last year too. Christmas was awful although I did have Christmas Day with my daughter as in a bubble with her. Didn’t get to see my son as he lives in Oxford.
Had my birthday without him & this coming Friday would have been his birthday.
Because of lockdown I’m home alone all the time apart from half hour visit to my daughter once a week.
The days drag especially this time of year when it’s dark & cold.
But it does help to know I’m not alone. People on here are going through the same thing & they boost you up with their messages.
Stay strong & safe & there will come a time I’m sure that we will come through this.
I’m here any time if you want to chat

2 Likes

Rosie70
Thank you for your kind words which mirror everything I am feeling at this time and being there for me to chat
to. It means a lot