First Christmas

John what a lovely tale and so pleased you was part of it, in fact you instigated these people to dance. I too walked on our seafront and also surprised at the number out walking but then it was a nice bright sunny day but it did make a difference. Everyone wishing each other a ‘Merry Christmas’. I too visited Brian early and put the fresh flowers for him. There was tears but that was to be expected, but the walk soon cleared them away. A chat and walk with a lady I see sometimes and dinner with my family later.
Yes I am inclined to think you are right, God was giving us a reprieve and showing that distant light.
Bless
Pat xxx

Dear Pat,
The crooners you mention are 3 of my favourites too, they seem to go on for ever.
Stan and I used to broadcast on YMCA Radio Barnsley, every 6 months a restricted service licence would be granted, it only lasted for 4 weeks each time. I used to present the golden oldie programme and the classical programme. Stan used to present the jazz programme and we would broadcast together every Sunday morning. We had a few maritals :smiley: I can tell you. Those singers who you mention were firm favourites with the older generation, like me, and I always had a lot of requests for these.
I am just remembering happy times,
Love MaryL

So pleased it brought back some memories, but do you remember when Rock and Roll came in. We went mad, never heard music like it. Learning to jive, happy days.
Brian was a musician, a singer in a band for thirty years and in the latter twenty years it was Country and Western. Unfortunately I can’t listen to this type of music at the moment. But I will eventually.
Pat xxx

I was a Beatles fan through and through.I think they shaped my life.John Lennon could evoke such emotions with that voice,still does.My daughter and I cried so much the day he died.

I do indeed, Pat, in fact the first time Stan spoke to me, he was on his way to the pictures to see Bill Haley and his Comets, Stan had a holiday from work. I was on my way back to work after my lunch break, happy days.:heart_eyes:

Certainly were Mary. I was at school when Bill Haley came out and remember going to the cinema and we was all dancing in the aisles, never been done before. At Christmas a group of us kids was sent to sing carols in front of a Cathedral and I don’t quite know how it happened but we all started dancing and singing ‘Rock around the Clock’ still dressed as Mary and Joseph and the three wise kings, Angels and all. We had disgraced ourselves but didn’t we have fun. I think this music sent us a bit stir crazy, we’d never heard anything like it before. My first husband was a real Teddy Boy and wore the works. The first time I saw him I couldn’t take my eyes off him but it was another two years before we met up. Oh happy days, with so much fun and innocence, no violence or drugs!!!

Sorry Jill the Beatles never did much for me at the time but I must admit to liking their music now, I just didn’t appreciate it early on. I even had a dog named Hey Jude.
Love to you Pat xxx

Maybe it’s a generation thing Pat.I was only 10 when they got to number 1.