First new years without dad

Thinking of everyone this new years who have lost someone this year . I will be happy when the day is over :broken_heart: although sad it’s the first year of my 28 that I won’t be with my wonderful dad :pensive: this time last year I would of never expected this !

8 Likes

I’m sorry you lost your dad. :heart: This is my first without my dad too. It’s just awful all around.

3 Likes

I will be thinking of you both, and everyone on this forum tonight. This is my first New Year’s Eve without my Dad :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Thinking of you :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Thinking of you :broken_heart::heart::heart:

First new year without my mum :broken_heart: heartbroken. Never forseen this either. Sending strength for us. I really hope our parents are watching over us and are OK :heart:

6 Likes

@Katiel same. Never thought 2023 would be such a crock of ****. I’d give anything to turn back the clock. :slightly_frowning_face: 2024 doesn’t seem worth celebrating to me

4 Likes

I am sure they are :mending_heart: and atleast we all have each other and understand the pain we are all going through :broken_heart: xx

5 Likes

I totally agree !! :broken_heart:

1 Like

I hope that more than anything. :heart:

2 Likes

I can’t even think that far ahead, a whole year stretching out before us, it sends me into panic. :worried:

3 Likes

My first Hogmanay without my Mum :broken_heart:, its been 7 months since she passed and as time goes on it seems further and further away since I last spoke to her. I don’t feel like celebrating the new year as it’s a new year that my Mum won’t be part of. I miss her so much. Thinking of everyone that has lost a loved one this year.

5 Likes

My first New Years without my Dad, he passed 5 weeks ago :broken_heart::disappointed:. Lost without him. What does this year have for us I wonder? So many heart breaking firsts for us to get through. I hope and pray I can be strong enough to overcome the absolute heartache that swamps me everyday, I want to live in honour of him and make sure we have a good life.

None of us will ever be the same person that we once were, but I hope we find some sort of peace and comfort in our memories.

Huge love to you all tonight, I wish I could jump through the screen and give each of you a cuddle xx

6 Likes

New to the community. Lost my Dad in July. Been dreading tonight, going into a new year without him. Much love to you all x

5 Likes

I’m so sorry you have reason to be here, but glad you found this place. :heart:

2 Likes

Seven weeks for me and I don’t feel strong enough. Not nearly strong enough. The void swallows me whole. :worried:

How sweet of you. :heart: I wish we all could, so we could have a giant group hug.

1 Like

My Dad sadly passed away in October. I have found christmas and new year very tough indeed. Feeling rather depressed. His birthday is in January too, and wondering what I should do for it. I just keep feeling sad and crying regularly.

3 Likes

This time last year I went to the coast to see the seals with my mum, partner and daughter, it felt like such a fantastic start to the year but the rest of 2023 was awful and I lost my mum 6 weeks ago today. Everyone keeps saying 2024 will be better but I can’t help but feel it’s all pointless without my mum (I feel awful saying this as I have a young daughter but I just miss my mum so much). Hope everyone can find the strength to get through this new year x

2 Likes

@Lizzie21 my heart goes out to you - its 9 weeks today since i lost my precious mum and its been the longest 9 weeks of my life. Im sitting here staring into 2024 and yes it feels pointless and terrifying right now :broken_heart:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 6 weeks ago! Just do what feels right for his birthday you can maybe do something he enjoyed or if that’s too hard just stay at home. Always a message away , I feel your pain so much . I miss my dad so bad , I had so many nightmares last night of the trauma of my dad passing away , it’s so hard​:broken_heart::mending_heart: xx

1 Like