Funeral

Hi I buried my beautiful husband yesterday day. It was a very emotional day, but my 3 grown up children and 6 grandchildren. We Did him proud. It was wasn’t the best weather , rain,wind. But that didn’t stop us from giving him a fantastic send off. Around 120 friends and family help us celebrate his wonderful life. I was dreading this day, as it took 4 and half weeks to burie him, far too long. But as he was lowered in the ground, i felt a peace come over me. Thank you all for helping get through this day. X

9 Likes

@Sis2023 . Now the grieving really starts. You will find people go back to their lives and the loneliness kicks in. I am so glad that despite the storm it went well. Thoughts are with you for next days, weeks, months and years. Xx sandra

3 Likes

Thank you so much Sandra , yes i know i the grieving will take it toll. But at the moment i feel the peace. Am lucky thats his only 10 minute walk away. As where i live, there is a place who ever live in this area, can be laid to rest there. Glennis xx

2 Likes

I am so glad you feel at peace and he is close. My husbands ashes are interred 10 miles away. I don’t drive any more and am not very mobile so can’t really visit. I am off to a coffee morning on behalf of MacMillan this morning. It is the first real social event I have attended since his funeral on 27 th June. It is going to be difficult to keep it together but I will be surrounded by friends plus it is only next door. I intend to donate the £20 I got for a dehumidifier. At least the sun is shining this morning.

3 Likes

Sandra sending lots of huggs xx

1 Like

Everyone on here seems to be so far away from me geographically. You are literally the other side of the country.

2 Likes

Hi Sandra am in suffolk, where are you x

1 Like

In Somerset by the Dorset border.

Youre so right @Pudding sadly :frowning: xxx

Not just you … im.in yorkshire x

@Sis2023 where abouts in Suffolk are you? I’m in Norfolk xx

1 Like

Hi am in Ipswich

2 Likes

Ahh about an hour from me Xx

1 Like

Where in Yorkshire @Deb5 ? Xxx

Near skipton xx

1 Like

Morning all ,
Im in shropshire ,have family in north yorkshire ,ive spent alot of time in and around malton ,Thirsk ,Harrogate .
I have made the brave decision to move to Cumbria since my husband passed away in June this year .
A big scary decision on my own ,I have family in Cumbria and Catterick so I know its where I need to be ,hopefully the sale will go through before xmas, as I can concentrate on doing my new cottage up, Im not doing christmas this year I feel im still on a flat road to nowhere emotionally, as you all can identify with ,so if anyone is in cumbria I may need a friend.
Hope everyone can get through this dark ,wet ,dreary weekend as best they can, it would be lovely for us in our grief to get together as we know how each other feels ,life is so unpredictable isnt it, sending hugs :hugs:

2 Likes

It is brave but it sounds like it is right for you and you have thought it through carefully. It is now lovely and sunny down her in the West Country which makes everything feel better. The maple tree outside my window is truly stunning in it autumn colours. Hope your move goes well and someone will be near you.

1 Like

Hi raffy you have to do what right for you. I hope your house goes though quickly. And take care .sending huggs x

1 Like

Thanks Pudding.
Hooray youve got sun ,it makes a difference doesnt it, I do Love the Autmn colours though on the trees ,but at the moment the front if mine is ankle deep in soggy leaves, ive got my husband in a beautiful urn in my lounge and I told him we were moving to Cumbria ,he would of approved he loved the North and lakes ,we spent 30 years in East Yorkshire ,Beverley but kids settled in the North so it is the right thing for me, hope your day is ok x

1 Like

Thankyou sis2023,
I have every emotion fear ,excitement ,sadness ,apprehension, but a deep feeling of its the right thing to do for me .My girls are very pleased we will all be nearer.
Hope your day is ok too x

1 Like