General Partner Grief Discussion

Hi Annaessex I have a photo of my husband Pat on my phone some photo’s around the house but sometimes find it very hard to look at them it really upsets me I have a memory box with photos and some thing’s of his sometimes I sit and and look but makes me so sad but my daughter and I are doing a scrap book of him it’s called Once Upon a Time we are making it a happy scrap book from the time we met getting married etc he was such a character we are putting funny captions on top the very last picture will be a certificate from the RNLI as his name has been put on a life boat just been launched we are so proud as he himself was a seaman you take care

4 Likes

I have the same feeling towards memories and photos - sad and despair when I am looking at the photos but also happy memories. It is always a rollercoaster of feelings. I donated money to our favourite charities in his name. It is lovely that your husband’s name is on a lifeboat. Sending love and hugs.

1 Like

Lovely picture.

You both look radiant

2 Likes

Thank you Annaessex sending you love and hugs also you take care

1 Like

@Annaessex thinking of you today as I know it’s the anniversary. Sending hugs.

3 Likes

Annaessex It’s your anniversary today thinking about you and sending hugs

1 Like

@Annaessex have been thinking of you today as the first year anniversary….did you do anything special today? Big hugs Xx

3 Likes

Beautiful photo of you both…you can see how much you adore each other :heart::blue_heart:

3 Likes

Hello Hazel, Thank you for your message. I did not do anything special today - just another stupid day without him. I try not to think too much about last year’s Valentine’s Day. At that time (20:44) our house was swarming with ambulance staff and police. In about an hour, they would pick up my Philmore and drive him to the funeral home. I still cannot believe that I will never give him a hug and a kiss or hear his lovely voice or see his smile. Sending love and hugs.

3 Likes

Thinking about you especially today Annaessex :heart:

1 Like

Aww @Annaessex such hard days… I lit a candle and invited some close friends around and had a little memorial do for my husband. The first year I was in shock and can’t remember much… like you I guess and still can’t believe this has happened and still asks why. We will always miss our husbands terribly and think of them every minute of the day. Be kind to yourself and remember you have survived the first year… something I remembered that you spoke about a lot. Your philmore will be so proud of you. Take care and big hugs xx

3 Likes

Yeh youre so right hazel, we all made it through our first year. God knows how but we did xx

2 Likes

@Annaessex lovely photo . I am the same it hurts me to see just a picture of him when I wish I could see the real man . I don’t want to be sad but my life is so empty without his big personality

4 Likes

Yeh our lives are empty arent they ? I think ive had enough of everything tbh … nothing has been right since he went ! Isnt it an awful.life now … wish i could say it wasnt but it is - i don’t think.i have ever felt so alone in my life as i do now ! Just flipping awful …theres a bereavment group starting up near me next week … im wondering about going… thought after 14 months i be coping better but i feel like im going backwards ;(

4 Likes

That’s a good idea a Bereavement group I wish we had one were I live I would certainly go as coming onto this site is doing me some good being with people like myself reading what they’re going through I did go to the Dove House Hospice Bereavement group but it wasn’t what I expected at all were on here it’s comforting take care all of you

3 Likes

Yeh i know what you mean. I did try anorher bereavment group and it was awful tbh. I will see … might try it next month ? Dont have to do i … was just pondering with the idea X

3 Likes

These things we can only try but I do believe this site is good for all off us certainly gives me comfort you take Deb5

2 Likes

Yeh i will try … in this horrible world ! Xx

Your right there it is a horrible world and it’s the people and this generation thats made it you take care x

1 Like

It certainly is and thanks. Need to go get some food now before i starve to death … lol xxx