Getting worse

It should be made a crime. Applying a red-hot iron over and over to a poor sock or t shirt sounds like some kind of medieval torture. Clap the ironers in irons!

1 Like

That’s like saying,who put a steak into a flaming hot pan😂

2 Likes

Ah, I’m of the generation that Discovered Feminism and decided that ironing was part of a patriarchal society that chained women to the kitchen sink and the ironing board! It all went downhill from then on. I’ve not even stuffed a mushroom for 50 years…

1 Like

In truth I have never been a MSP ( my wife wouldnt let me) the only part our marriage I took no part in was giving birth.

2 Likes

I’m with you Catrin, ironing was what poor Dobby did to his hands to punish himself.
My ironing board sits unloved, unused and rusting behind the utility room door. I do use the iron, constantly, as a door stop.
Xx

2 Likes

I quite enjoy ironing especially pants,need to keep things in check.

1 Like

Ooh yes, I’d forgotten that; you have a brilliant memory. Dobby is a lesson to us all. It’s not for nothing that Iron Maidens were invented.

1 Like

Oh, hello Swampy, Glad you managed to tear yourself away from the ironing board.
Xx

1 Like

To be fair, from what I remember, it was quite a calming thing to do, until you caught your hand on the hot edge and ended up screaming round the kitchen like a Wailing Banshee with a third degree burn.

1 Like

Where the hell did swampy come from,and who said I am not still doing it.

1 Like

You said you were in a swamp trench this morning. And you said you were in the swamp yesterday. This swamp is very wet and ironing in it is a silly thing to do. My electrician nephew told me that electrickery and water are not good friends.
Just saying.

2 Likes

It is quite calming,used to do it listening to music not now,and I have had those running your hand under the cold water tap a few times.

2 Likes

I was deep into it, but my daughter brought round a nice pressie for me,and we had a big talk,so now on third rung and trying to avoid snakes.

2 Likes

Oh God I know that feeling. 11 weeks for me as well. If only I could see his dear face again, to feel his arms, to hear his voice. So sudden, never said goodbye. I’m just existing

4 Likes

10 weeks yesterday. It is so hard. I miss him.

2 Likes

Ironing board and iron gone to charity shop. Iron hardly used. Norman used to iron his white shirts for his Masonic meetings but that was it.

2 Likes

The swamp has me in its grip again and I am sinking. I have felt ok the past few days and no tears until last night and this morning

2 Likes

Grab hold of the rope Jane we will pull you up.

4 Likes

Good morning all I have had some really bad days but hopefully I am getting out of that swamp. Hugs jo xxx

5 Likes

I am hanging on

3 Likes