Given up.

It sounds like you have a close relationship with your granddaughter. She would miss you.

Xx

Dee, I too keep busy, then I get shattered and have to rest and thatā€™s when it feels like a heavy cloud is above me and my heart feels so broken. The waves of grief are so exhausting to cope with. We will in time be able to do things without feeling utter despair but still carry our grief, we will remember the good memories, itā€™s just going to take time.
Amy xx

Love her, so much, not technically my granddaughter, Shell and me never got married , but nearest thing I will get to being a Granddad, She asked me, can I stay at yours , she is 4,

@PeteE59
Your granddaughter means a lot to you, like Dee said she would miss you.
Amy xx

I feel honoured, to get replies, thank you so much, guess I should try to sleep. 4 year old, have so much energy, need my strength,
Love to all, take care. Xx

@PeteE59
She will keep you on your toes, goodnight and take care. Speak to you tomorrow.
Amy xx

Good night folks xx

Good night Dee xx

Hi Dee64,

Iā€™m so sorry to hear about how exhausted you are, having to deal with everything going on at the moment. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed.

It sounds like youā€™re looking for support and Iā€™m glad that youā€™ve been able to talk about how youā€™re feeling here. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
    • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
    • If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. Thereā€™s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,

Michelle

1 Like

Better day today, young Amelia, keeping my active and focused. Amelia talks about Nannie, all the time, Nannie would be proud of her.I havenā€™t asked how others are, hope you are all managing best you can, I must appear so rude.
Take care.

1 Like

Dear PeteE59

I have read all the messages on your post and am sorry that I missed it. As someone else said I sometimes find it difficult to navigate this site and miss messages. I have felt unimportant, even if I have been with one of our family. We have lost the one person who loved us unconditionally and I find it hard beyond words without my husband. My only saving grace is our two grandsonā€™s. Much younger than your little one, the eldest is coming up to 2, the other is only months old and was born after his granda died. They are exhausting but for me personally give me the reason to not join my husband. I need to be here to tell them all about the man who wanted to be the best granda in the world. Our kids and their dad can tell them only so much, so somehow I have to ensure they understand the family background, early childhood struggles and subsequent achievements.

Take care.
Sheila

We have to keep going, donā€™t we. I promised Shell, I would not mourn, she told me to go out , and have a life. Her heath was poor in the end. I am trying to fulfil her wishes, but itā€™s so hard. It will help, to tell your Grand children, what a great man their Granddad was.

Dear Pete

It will. Our eldest grandson was in hospital the first three months of his life and on the way back home one evening my husband said to me that if he was half as good a granda as my dad had been to our kids that would be enough. It breaks my heart he never got to see the eldest grandson turn one (with his second birthday approaching next month) and that he never got to see the newest arrival. But in the short time he was with the eldest he was the best granda. I have the eldest stay once a week - as me and husband did - and know how exhausting they are. Often find myself in his room just looking at him and crying for what he has also lost and also because he is the double of our son and my husband.

Take care and I know that you will talk about Nannie to Amelia.

I too missed your messages - so sorry. I tend to focus on the ā€˜Losing a Partnerā€™ posts so missed your messages. I think we all can empathise with having that special someone who understood us completely, gone. I have had good support from friends and family but when something drastic has happened - and many things have since my husband died - I have come to the conclusion that I am alone in making decisions / dealing with it.
I always wanted to be part of a couple and was from the age of 16. I never wanted to navigate life alone - itā€™s pretty meaningless. I keep on plodding on for my two children because I know the devastation that has been caused from them losing their dad. They are clinging to me - so that is now my purpose. I really thought that these years in our 50s and 60s would be when we could have time for us. Not to be. Take care - people here do care.

1 Like

Glad you are having a better day Pete.
I have my mother in law staying for the weekend.
I rabbit away to her about Martin, have the tears. And she cuddled meā€¦ā€¦ in my own grief I forget she has lost her first born, her son ā€¦ā€¦ she is such a strong lady

Dee xx

Enjoy your company, my bundle of joy, still very much awake, she just tends to flake, no point forcing her to sleep, she will go when she is ready. There is a large photo of Nannie over Amelia,s bed, watching over her.
Take care.

2 Likes

One of my sonā€™s friends took a picture of my husband with our grandson and had it turned into a pencil drawing. It now hangs in our sonā€™s living room watching the grandsonā€™s everyday. But sometimes when I am just by myself watching them I take them up to the picture one by one so that my husband can see our ā€˜little menā€™ and shed a silent tear.

Take care.

Sure he is watching down, bit of a lie in this morning. I am on hands and knees, being a 4 year old, have to take Amelia home to her mum , later, then itā€™s back to just me. I do have work tomorrow, sad when going to work,is a pleasure. Hope today is as good as it can be for you
Take care.

1 Like

Son and grandsons coming for Sunday dinner but they have visitors straight after so will be leaving earlier than usual. Hopefully one of my nephews is coming round to look at home security for me. Take care.

Just a check in, to make sure all are coping, keep going, even if itā€™s hard, and things, donā€™t feel any better, every new day, is a little battle won.
Take care x

1 Like