Going through clothes

Aw thats hard :frowning: he had been poorly a while - well from july until he passed december 2022 … but we thought they were gonna cure him until 6 weeks before :frowning:
I told a few people to read languages of loss by sasha bates … honestly be so good for you ! Her husband passed suddenly … she describes her feelings of loss brilliantly xxx ( you can get via whsmiths)

1 Like

Lostlil i feel your pain, Jane had a blood clot on her lung which gave her instant heart attack. Such a shock, had only kissed her goodbye that morning going to work and by the time i came home she was on the floor, oh such a waste she was only 55 and we had so so many plans :tired_face::broken_heart:

2 Likes

So hard for all of us and the pain is unbearable at times. My husband was only 56 he woke up with a headache, had a bleed on the brain and died so suddenly. My daughters are being amazing but are suffering too. It was all such a shock.
A good friend of mine who also lost her husband in December said ‘We had luxury men and now we have to pay for it’ So true he was the best that’s why it hurts so much.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your losses. I lost my husband very suddenly and unexpectedly in November - five months today in fact. It’s just so hard. I get really fearful thinking about how absolutely everything is down to me now. We used to share things but now I have to take care of everything in the house and garden and I get very overwhelmed. I have a lovely family that will do anything for me but they all have families and jobs. It’s the everyday things we used to share - emptying the dishwasher, feeding the cats, cooking, washing, stupid little things like changing light bulbs and batteries etc. I can do all these things but I miss him pottering about so much.

4 Likes

@Deb5 I cuddle her dressing gown, it really is a comfort.

2 Likes

Exactly what’s that saying … "with great love comes great sorrow " we hurting cos we adored them so much xx :heart:

2 Likes

I wear his ! :slight_smile: if you got a favourite blanket she liked could you put that around yourself ? I also do that with my husband’s blanket then i feel like he is cuddling me xx

3 Likes

I lost my Frances end of may last year 2022. It is coming up to the first year and I am very scared of that day. Every thing in the house I have left as we had it, for fifty years. All her clothes are still here I can just not face changing a single room.
I feel her presence and I am very alone in the house that was our home. I don’t know how I can cope another year.

5 Likes

Grief is the price we pay for lobe

1 Like

@LostLil that is exactly what happened to me too … My fit and healthy husband went out for a bike ride and never came home. I am coming up to the 1st year anniversary this month and that is hard, but, there have been better times too. You will never forget him, but somehow we manage to carry on …day by day at times. It never goes away, but does get more bearable to live with.

1 Like