Grief group south wales

Hi im new here im julie 42 and i live in south wales. I lost my beautiful wife in july last year and im currently having counselling here from sue ryder. After talking to my counsellor we talked about myself setting up a grief group in south wales where we can get together and talk or just listen. Does anyone here think this is something you would like to go to? Just putting the feelers out thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I also lost my partner 3 months ago, and in South Wales, and a grief group would be a good idea

2 Likes

Hi derek sorry for your loss. Thank you for your reply i will definitely look into getting a group going and will let you know of any progress. Its shocking to me how there isnt anything local for grief sufferers.

2 Likes

Hi Princessjulz
I think a grief group would be very helpful to people who are grieving. I don’t live in S Wales or in need of a group now but in the early days I went to the local hospice group and some of us broke away and started our own group meetings. It was very helpful in those early days but I did grow out of them.

2 Likes

@LostLil I notice that you are from south Wales. You might be interested in this link xx

3 Likes

Thank you @Hazel.1966

I’m 38, from Merthyr Tydfil and recently lost my partner of 17 years unexpectedly 11 weeks ago. I’m really struggling tbh. I had a few “good” days a while back where I thought I was going to be ok but that didn’t last long. I’m really struggling tbh and I don’t know how to deal with it. I miss him so much. I’m constantly yearning someone who is never coming back and I don’t know how to stop feeling this way :broken_heart:

5 Likes

I’m in Bridgend so would be really interested to hear of a local group as well, I don’t mind travelling and could offer lifts as well if it helps anyone out. My friend group is very small and I’m 42 so everyone else is still in the throws of relationships, kids and marriage and don’t have any experience of death, not even parents. I lost both my parents from cancer in my early 20’s and my partner in 2019.

3 Likes

I’m 38, I lost my mam when I was 21 and my partner 11 weeks ago. Some people make it to their 50s or 60s before they even lose a parent. They have no idea how lucky they are :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Hi all its so nice to see some interest. I am no expert in grief but i know that i would benefit from meeting up with fellow grievers. There seems to be a few of us in south wales im near merthyr but im open to going somewhere that is best for us all. Maybe a meet up in a cafe would be a good start if there is just a few of us and then if it grows i can look into going somewhere quieter? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi sorry for your loss. Im near merthyr too. 11 weeks is very early i couldnt tell you what i done for the first few months my wife passed. Its coming up to 11 months now but im unfortunately still waiting to find out why she passed so my grief journey will continue to stay fresh until i find out. :cry:

1 Like

Hi sorry for your loss. Im 42 and dont have a friendship group as i spent all of my time with my wife. This is why i think getting a group going would be so beneficial. Lets hope we can get something together. :hugs:

1 Like

It’s ridiculous that 11 months in you still have no answers as to how she died. 32 is so young. What a waste of a life :broken_heart:

Where near Merthyr do you live?
I’ve never really looked into bereavement groups nearby but there doesn’t seem to be a lot about :unamused:

1 Like

I lost my partner beginning of May lived Cardiff but moved my partner was my life so we only had each other didn’t need anyone else. But know he has gone I am struggling everyday without him. I know it’s early days but the terrible loneliness and not knowing where my life is going to end up now without him is unbearable. We were both in our early 50’s.

2 Likes

Im waiting on the coroners thry are apparently back logged due to covid. Its too long too wait its awful. I live in village just outside near treharris dont want to say where exactly on here. There isnt any support that i have found anywhere its so bad.

Im sorry for you loss its so lonely i know how you feel about not needing anyone else. Do you still live in wales?

I’m struggling every day too. The only person in the world I want is him. I’d give anything just to have a hug off him right now :sob:

I’m so sorry you’re feeling like that. It’s horrible isn’t it :broken_heart:
I make an effort to see people sometimes but it all feels pointless. I do it just to fill my days :unamused:

I hope we don’t always feel this way but it’s hard to see how things can ever get any better after you lose the person you would grow old with :sob:

1 Like

I live in a village near Treharris too.
Tien Tien, the best Chinese in the valleys :rofl:

The wait is disgusting. The not knowing what exactly happened is torture. I hope you’re not waiting too much longer.

1 Like

Moved to Chepstow because of his work but this never materialised because of the situation. I do miss Cardiff everything to hand and accessible

1 Like

I thought this information may be of use :blue_heart:

At a Loss helps people to find bereavement support close to home (if available) - https://www.ataloss.org/Pages/FAQs/Category/organisations-that-can-help?Take=24. They also have a number of helpful bereavement resources here: Helpful reading, websites and other resources for bereaved adults and children.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

2 Likes

We are so close we should meet up? My counsellor has said as theynpassed so uou g we are also grieving the future we had planned and this is what i really struggle with is not having my future with her. We talked about it so much and there is so much i dont want to do without her.