Grief group south wales

Hi all not sure if anyone will see this but since there is a couple of people interested in a group i thought we could start maybe a small meet in a cafe or something? I know we are all quite spread around but since i dont drive the nearest place for me would be pontypridd. If anyone is interested in possibly meeting please let me know and i can arrange a time and day suitable. Thank you❤️

Hi all, I too am in south Wales. Did anything come of this thread? An online chat group or meet up? I lost my partner 3 weeks ago and being only 40 was hoping to connect with those in a similar position locally. Thanks

Hi so sorry for your loss :people_hugging: unfortunately nothing came of it i might start a new post and see if anyone would like to meet up. Where are you located?

I’m in the Rhondda, even if it was an online thing initially to get to know people better it would be a start x where about are you?

I’m so sorry for your loss :broken_heart:
I’m 39 and lost my partner of 17 years completely out of the blue in March.
It’s the worst thing that’s e er happened to me and I’m still struggling to get my head around it now :sob:
I’m in a little village in Merthyr Tydfil.

@LostLil so sorry for your loss, I have never felt pain like this it’s just awful isn’t it :broken_heart: I just keep wishing I was older so I didn’t have to live so long without him by my side. It’s been 3 weeks today and I feel worse everyday knowing it’s another day without him x

Im only in pontypridd i was hoping to do a meet up in a cafe there just to swe if i can get a group started and then il look into getting a private room. I dont mind starting a facebook group if people would like i did start one for the lgbtq but i didnt get many members.

1 Like

It’s the worst thing I’ve ever been through / still am going through.
Yes I always wish I was older too. At our age we could easily have another 20 or more years left. What do we even do with the rest of our lives now? I’m just as lost now as I was in the beginning.
People say oh you’re young, you’ll meet someone else but I don’t want to meet anyone else. I loved him, I still love him and I always will :sob:

2 Likes

I have actually met someone else. It was so out of the blue i said i would never meet anyone else and then she messaged me on facebook and after talking for a bit we met up and she makes me smile again.

2 Likes

I feel the exact same, I know I had something that can never ever been replaced and the thought of someone else makes me feel sick :pensive: he was my once upon a lifetime and I love him still as much as ever xx

1 Like

Glad you have someone to make you smile and are able to have that in your life again x

Its not the same and never will be and its a massive struggle to not compare her to my wife and i am still grieving but she helps me and i can talk to her about my wife and i dont feel guilty. I havnt told people yet though as i dont want to be judged its been 15 months since she passsed and i know some people will judge.

2 Likes

Well it’s nobody else’s business but yours, if it feels right and makes you happy then why not x

1 Like

Thank you x

1 Like

I’d join a local Facebook group if it was a private group. I use Facebook every day but rarely come on Sue Ryder anymore unless I get an email :slight_smile:

1 Like

Il set one up x

1 Like

I have set a group up its private and its called wales grief support group x

1 Like

Hello everyone,

It’s really great to see how you are all supporting each other.

I just wanted to share a little reminder about staying safe online.

The reason we encourage people to keep communications within the community is because we have staff and moderators looking after the space here which helps it stay a safe and supportive platform. When this is taken offline or outside of the community, we can no longer keep you and our members safe.

Our terms and conditions ask you not to publish your contact details or identifying information on our site to protect your own privacy and security.

As Facebook profiles are not anonymous, we’d just ask that any links to Facebook groups are shared privately in order to protect your privacy. Sharing the above screenshot is okay as your profile can’t be accessed from it.

You are able to send a private message to multiple users, like this:

You can also add people into the private chat after you’ve sent the first message by clicking the plus button:

PM3

I hope you can see where we’re coming from with this - please do let me know if you have any questions.

Take care,
Seaneen

1 Like

I’ve just looked for it but I can’t find it? That’s odd because lots of other private groups pop up on my Facebook :thinking:

I dont know why its not visible il hace a look x