Had a good day? Share that news, give us all a bit of hope.

I had my hair cut today which I was dreading because I’ve distanced myself from everyone except family. It went much better than I expected as my mobile hair dresser showed me such support. I’m in the early stages of grieving

3 Likes

Well done Cheryl. I’ve got to know my hairdresser quite well. He’s only a fortnight older than me, and we have fun chats. So I was dreading my first hair cut after losing my dad. The hairdresser asked how I was and if I had any news, and I just said “No, nothing good, so I just want to hear your news.” He got it, and did what I asked.

1 Like

Thanks so much Burgled I am taking it as a little win. I also just received my first message from Sue Ryder team and that was really reassuring :heart:

2 Likes

That’s good that you didn’t feel pressured about talking about things you didn’t want to. Really pleased with my hair today which helps me feel bit better. I write my journal daily and find that helps me x

1 Like

Well done for having your hair cut it makes you feel a bit better. Baby steps sending a hug x

1 Like

Thanks for replying, I’m so grateful, I don’t feel so alone :pray:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing I’ve just started journaling myself and I think it’s a habit I’ll continue as it just feels right x

1 Like

Well done :clap:

You are definitely not alone on here x

1 Like

I find my journal really helps. I think in a way I write it to my son about what I have been doing, how I feel, and how much I miss and love him. When I read back I can see I am making progress although I may not always recognise it.

3 Likes

Well that’s my first Pancake Day without my girl, I think I did ok to be honest… I might have another read of her recipe though, think I definitely forgot a few things.

1 Like

:grinning::+1: you have done more than me. My son loved pancake day

1 Like

Hi Gav. It’s nice that you’ve started this chat. I lost my husband not that long ago (September) but I feel he would want me to go on. I’ve just finished redecorating the bedroom, as I couldn’t bear the memories where he spent so much time during his illness. I ordered curtains today for that room which will be fitted on 19th March, exactly 6 months after his death. I see that as a sign he approves! I took our dog out this afternoon for a run where he met a new dog friend. I actually found myself laughing for the first time on this bereavement journey as I watched the dogs frolicking in the fields. It felt good to be laughing again, especially on this Valentine’s day, as though I’ve turned a corner. My memories of Phil are deep within my heart and will never leave me. Perhaps today he helped me in his own way.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing that :slight_smile: it’s true, we do have those good moments and we need to enjoy them and not feel guilty or anything other than grateful that we can still smile. I go to work and forget everything, my work as a Tree Surgeon does tend to take some concentration! It’s good that you can once again be at peace in the home as well, it’s not easy sometimes. Well done you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Found a coal urchin on the beach today

11 Likes