Had a good day? Share that news, give us all a bit of hope.

Good for you. Time to do something for you.
I have faith in you. I know you can do it :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks @mags66
Good luck with your next weigh in xx

1 Like

Well done ladies! I was diagnosed as diabetic last week so I am now on a ‘only eat what you don’t like’ diet. She did say I could have the odd vodka though so I will be okay with that bit!! x

2 Likes

Sunday was a fairly good day for me, the sun was shining so I went for a walk along the seafront stopping for coffee. It was nice to get out in the fresh air.

5 Likes

@Arvia a friend of mine was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a short while ago. Luckily one of his neighbours is a senior pharmacist who directed him to a Dr at Newcastle University who is the national lead on diabetes, who put him on a diet for 12 weeks to lose 2 1/2 stone and this should reverse the diabetes as long as he keeps the weight off.
GPs apparently just prescribe drugs but this alternative method, which should be rolled out in the near future, will save the NHS millions.
Something you might want to look into
Take care… Pete

1 Like

Ah thanks Pete. I’ll try to find out some more about that. Today is my first day on the meds and I’ve just read about the side effects: eek! So if I can get to a point of ‘diet control’ that would be fabulous. It’s such a pain though. I love good food and nice wine and I’ve always rolled my eyes in despair at my friends who are constantly counting calories or steps. Now I’m getting my comeuppance haha. Cheers, have a good day x

1 Like

Who doesn’t like good food and nice wine? It was definitely something that my late wife and I enjoyed, going to nice restaurants, weekends away, etc. See the same places on social media now is quite sad, as I can not go there on my own… May be one of our daughters might but they both live away

Until my friend told me about this, I wasn’t aware that diabetes could be reversed, every day is a school day…

1 Like

Yes, I had no idea Diabetes could be reversed, you learn something new every day.
My Husband had Diabetes for 20 years. It started with tablets & Diet & then after about 12 years he had to go on Insulin injections. He Didnt think he would be able to inject himself but between us he got used to it. On the insulin he pretty much ate normally within reason & not overeating ( As my Dad used to say, eat everything in Moderation, & always leave the table before you have had enough ) He had lots of sayings like that and lived to be 95. What I am wanting to say is having Diabetes doesn`t have to rule your life x

1 Like

Decided to get myself busy to take my mind off everything. I’ve volunteered for a sponsored walk - Feel Good Fortnight in aid of Mind and also volunteered to hand out water for the Brighton Marathon. I’ve never done anything like this before :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s a nice positive thing to do, a big step to do, well done. I used to help out at Marie Curie doing paperwork for events which was nice. It will help occupy your mind and you may meet few new people.

2 Likes

Great step forward and your helping others :clap:
I started tai chi last night and although I was quite stiff this morning I did enjoy it. Its back to work on Monday, getting a little bit stressed but that also will be a big step forward
Sending hugs :people_hugging:

1 Like

Glad you are enjoying Tai chi. I’m still enjoying yoga although I think I’ve strained my shoulder. xx

Oh no, don’t push yourself with your shoulder, let it rest. Glad you’re enjoying it, there is hope :heart:

2 Likes

I’ve decided life is too short so I went and had my first tattoo today. It didn’t hurt too much. If you want to do something, just do it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good for you , glad it wasn’t to painful

1 Like

Hi , i gave that some thought re tattoo but my darling wiff hated them with a passion So no . Well done you !!

1 Like

I had my 1st at 60 of a Robin in memory of my mum and dad. Looking to get one on my other leg in memory of Rob but not sure what yet.

2 Likes

Had a nice day today, I volunteered at the Brighton Marathon handing out bottles of water to runners. It was lovely and sunny :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Well done, and hope you feel better for doing it :heart:

1 Like

Well as they say at the end of the day. Eat to live dont live to eat !! . Food or what pases for food is killing people at levels never seen before in the UK !!