Hate this loneliness!

Hi libra thanks glad your getting out a bit too xxx

My wife passed away 19 months ago now I miss her hugely. Today my daughter moved out I am very happy for her and hopefully she will have a lovely life . But when friends ask me how I feel? Lots of them ( who have partners) say oh I love being on my own ! Why don’t people get it ? Yes it maybe nice to be on your own and I did . But when you know you’re not going to see you partner ever again that’s so hard . People who say they love being on there own but has a partner have not got a clue what they are on about. Love this site so helpful

4 Likes

I’m really, really agree with what you are saying, it’s really the hardest part the being alone and missing them!

3 Likes

@Kwent
Oh I so understand about people saying crass things about enjoying being on their own…when they are not!! They really should be more mindful about what they wish for!!!

A few weeks ago a colleague at work said to me … “Oh, I wish I had more ‘me’ time.” As if I was now lucky!! (She’s married with children and grandchildren)

My husband was very poorly the last few years, and I combined full time working with caring for him full time with NO help from anyone.
So I told her straight…"well , I wish I still had no time to think about myself "

It was a pleasure and privilege to look after my husband, we were a tight little unit And we were completely united. I didn’t need or want ‘me’ time…only US time. I miss him so much :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

People like her make me so angry. Why can’t they be grateful for what they have!!!

Hugs to you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

That’s what I find the hardest is the continuing anxiety. Heart pounding. I think it’s because I am finding it hard to cry even though I’m so sad

2 Likes

It’s so difficult isn’t it? Every room is quiet, there’s no one to talk to, the loneliness is crushing and I’ve realised it won’t change. It’s heartbreaking :two_hearts:

2 Likes

My partner passed away on sat 3 june.it was peacefull and it was just the two of us.i will miss her so much.

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. It is only a few days for you. Everything will be so raw. My husband died on the 26 th March. It still hurts like hell but I am coping a bit better than at the start. Take one day at a time. Hope you have lots of support and take care x

Take one day at a time, it’s bloody painful though. It’s good to have others who completely understand :two_hearts:

Thanks lou.i just need to talk about what happened and why.i find talking about it slthough not pleasant it makes me feel better.as you can imagine im devastated. We were together 12.loved her to bits.irs the fact shes gone just cant face it.i will though in time i have too.

Hi Bond so sorry .You have come to.right place here everyone feels the pain your going through we all want to talk and try to make sense of whats happened lm 8 weeks from losing my partner he was 68 .i do have some better days now xxx

I will.jude.trying to keep busy .ive never experienced anything like this.she had cancer for 3 and half years and fought like a warrior.but in the end she barely walk or talk it was awfull.she actually said in the end shed had enough and wanted to go.thought that was incredibly brave.i was with her at the end and she jolted my hand twice as if to say im ok im at peace now.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss. At that point in my journey it still felt very unreal. If you can find trusted people to support you through this it is so important. Sending my best wishes , take care x

Thank you claire.i know it seems so unreal but she was so ill in the end and she just wanted to go.she was suffering badly.im told it will get better in time.xx