Hearing voices

I understand this might not be the correct place to ask this but has anyone joined a hearing voices group.

I didnā€™t know that there were groups for hearing voices. I shall do a search on google. x

Ive struggled with intrusive voices for a while my team say its from the trauma ive been put forward for a group i donā€™t do well in groups so its not going to be easy.

What kind of voices do you hear? And what do they say?

The only voice I hear is my Dads in my ear since I lost him in November.

Ive many voices and there just awful running me down really making every day a struggle i cant even explain just how bad they are. Do you find your dadā€™s voice a comfort :thinking:.

I take it itā€™s multiple voices? Do any sound familiar?

Sometimes I do. If itā€™s when Iā€™m puzzling about something and needing advice, usually he pops in my ear. Sometimes it breaks me down hearing him because I canā€™t see him.

The voices are all different and none are familiar.

Hi Watt
Thats interesting
What does your dad say?
Ell

Hi Ell,

Like I said, it varies depending on the situation. For example, if Iā€™m getting really upset and crying heā€™ll pop in my ear and say ā€˜chin up toots, and always look on the bright side of lifeā€™, or ā€˜Iā€™ll always have your back, Jackā€™, things he said to me all the time.
Sometimes Iā€™ll hear him giving me advice on things Iā€™m thinking about. My Dad was my absolute best friend, the closest person in my whole life so if I have a question, I could usually answer it for him. I knew him like the palm of my hand.

Is his voice in your mind or are you hearing him?
I heard my grandmother after she passed a few times - real voice in my ear, and others heard it too.
I thought I heard my dad a few weeks after he died, but right after I heard a chorus of other voices which I didnt like. That was just one time.
Ell

Hmmm once Iā€™ve definitely heard his real voice just after he passed but Iā€™d say since then itā€™s been in my mindā€¦

I have had so many signs from him though
Did you?

1 Like

I heard my mums voice once loud and clear. ā€œHelloā€. I was asleep so it was just probably a vivid dream. But wow it made me sit bolt up right. So loud in my ear. It was lovely. Not had another once since

4 Likes

When I heard his real voice He said my name, but right following I heard a ton of other voices that overtook his voice, which was chaotic so I shut it down somehow. Didnt hear anything else after that.
I dont know if there have been signs. What do signs look like?

Hi Sheila,
That is reassuring. When we experience these types of things, it makes us all question whether or not what we have experienced is real.
Hope that it is.
Ell

Hi Sheila Im afraid my voices are just evil i get told i should kill myself over and over my son was only 7 months and its been 16 yrs now things have got steadily worse for me. Did you find it a comfort to hear your husband i used to talk to my son all the time when he passed i woukd clean his memorial garden and nag away i didnt hear him as he never spoke but i could feel him but im afraid thats gone now i cant explain just how bad it is. X

Iā€™d find that comforting!

I think Iā€™ve only had the one dream I can remember, but that was also pretty vivid and I woke up in tears.

Thatā€™s interesting, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever experienced hearing multiple voices beforeā€¦
I suppose signs are different for everyone. Iā€™ve had a fewā€¦ the biggest one was after my Dads service, Iā€™d booked a long weekend away with my partner in a big house in the middle of nowhere. I wanted to get back to nature, just how Dad loved. One night we decided to put on Aladdin which was Dads favourite Disney, and paused it while we stepped outside for a smoke. Iā€™d forgotten my lighter so went back inside, the film was playing and the dog was going mental. I freaked out and paused the film again, went back outside to tell my boyfriend. We both came back in to inspect and the film was playing againā€¦ we thought it might just be an old tv, so once more paused it, but this time we waited. I jokingly said to Jamie, I bet thatā€™s just Dad telling us to stop pausing his favourite pictureā€¦ Jamie looked uo to the ceiling, and said ā€˜Dod, is that you?ā€™ā€¦ the film started playing again. 3 times.
Iā€™ve had a few things sent on YouTube too, things that have never popped up or played before, yet did shortly after he passed. The best one he sent was Joe Walsh - Lifeā€™s Been Good, dad telling me he was okay.

Hearing a one off voice is probably very normal, especially when under stress or falling asleep. However, if you hearing multiple voices then it possibly best to speak to a GP.

Im under a team for support and im joining a hearing voices group. The guilt of my son son passing is only the tip of the iceberg but im seeking help.

Hi. Cambsbloke.
If I may respectfully suggest, have you seen your GP or got some advice if the voices are telling you to self harm. Itā€™s not good for your mental health to allow such voices to go on. You call them ā€˜evilā€™.
If they are then itā€™s about the last thing you want. There are many explanations for this phenomena, but it does need professional advice if the thoughts become ā€˜evilā€™.
Please donā€™t misunderstand what I say. We are all in an apprehensive state and strange things can happen for which there seems no obvious explanation. Take care and, if you can, talk to someone who understands these things. Blessings. John.